Elves for Hire!

Moderators: Shiloh Adlar, Gail Allen

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Elves for Hire!

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:19 am

Image Credit: Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
"Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way..."

Don't mind me, I'm just getting into the holiday spirit. Whatever your personal views on the upcoming December festivities, I'm quite certain there's one thing we can all agree on. Presents are fun!!!! And part of that fun is the mystery behind it all and the anticipation of knowing exactly what's hidden inside those brightly colored packages. It makes me smile just thinking about it. You?

And what goes better with presents than elves? Okay, my special raw vegan chocolate pecan pie, but that's beside the point. Elves LOVE presents almost more than you do. And it seems they want to offer their exclusive services to all of you this holiday season. It's a win-win situation. You get a present and the elves get to feel needed. Hooray!! Besides, not only are you helping out the elves, YOU yourself get to experience first hand what it means to be one. Alright, so it's not Santa's workshop, but it should still win you bragging rights among your friends. Not everyone can claim to be a 'secret elf' you know!!

Here's how it works:

On a separate thread, you will sign up, along with a list of what you would like to receive. Now these elves are hi-tech, so it will be virtual, not physical presents. It can be anything from a new siggie/avatar, to a list of book recommendations (or anything in between). Feel free to also throw in some 'silly' stuff too. I have been known to request 100 pointe shoes from my secret elf, but alas, it never happened!

Once sign ups are closed, we will assign elves to everyone. Let the gift giving begin!! You will be contacted with the name of the person that you will be gifting. All gifts will go through the special email set up for that purpose hol.secretelf @ gmail .com (without the spaces). If you wish to have your identity known to the person receiving your gift, feel free to send them a copy of the message sent to the secret elf email. If you wish to send beans, send them to one of the organizers and we will pass them along with a screenshot sent as confirmation.

TIMELINE

November 28-December 5:

December 6: Secret Elves Assigned

December 27: Gift Due Date (All gifts must be in by then. Yes, it is a few days after the actual holiday, but elfs are extremely busy creatures, you know!)

The Elf Union has informed me that proper wages must be paid to anyone acting on behalf of them. Therefore, each participant will be awarded 30 house points. In order to receive your points, you must send your gift to the secret elf email!

original post by Ariella McManus (with some modifications)
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Re: Elves for Hire!

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:23 am

All Secret Elves have been assigned. Be sure to check your email for who you were paired with and follow the directions so you get your points at the end of the activity.

Thank you again to all who signed up. I am looking forward to starting the exchange! :D
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Return to “Secret Elf Gift Exchange”