Book Lovers Day

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Ariella McManus

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Book Lovers Day

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:34 pm

Today in the United States is National Book Lovers Day. Who would have thought we would get our own special day to celebrate our obsession and love for books? How cool is that? What do you plan on doing to celebrate, if anything?

I think I will spend most of the day reading and only running a couple more errands this morning. I want to spend as much of the day with my books as possible. Maybe I'll go back out before it starts to storm and get some good photos of one of my new books. With the weather the way it is, it makes an almost perfect backdrop for it!

If you don't live in the US, does your country have any national holidays or events revolving around books?
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Sky Alton
Cleansweep One

Re: Book Lovers Day

Postby Sky Alton » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:04 pm

World book day! Well, technically it's just a UK thing (the rest of the world celebrates World Book and Copyright Day on another day entirely) but we call it that because we like to be the centre of attention.

Children get book vouchers and are encouraged to dress up as their favourite characters. Adults are not encouraged (unless they're teachers) but some of us do it anyway ;) (though my costume attempts are never as amazing as Maxwell's as I always forget until the night before and have to throw something together that looks sort of normal-ish to pass in the 'real world'.)
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Return to “Book Talk”