The Host

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion
Prof. Lucy Lupin
No broom

Post by Prof. Lucy Lupin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:02 pm

Ok I will make this quick : I loved it! That book was totally awesome! I am totally in love with it, and I can't wait for the following books. While Twilight Series is nice, The Host is a much more mature book (no wonder it's an adult novel). Stephenie Meyer definitely improved her writing in this one. From the first page on, I was hooked. I read it in less than 8 hours.

While I thought Melanie was the main character, her body is only. Wanderer, aka Wanda, is actually the true main character. She is very interesting, while I thought she lacked of personality (because of her overall kindness), she actually shows some stronger sides to herself. Her relationship with Ian got me hooked from the first moment I met his character.

In the end, I can't choose between the Twilight series and the Host (because there is only one book so far), but choosing between book 1 Twilight and The Host, the Host is my favorite. Teenage novels are nice to read to pass time, like Twilight, but a more in depth, thrilling book, The Host definitely holds it's standards. I recommend it! Highly!

Oh and I wondered if anyone else had read the book ?

*is hooked* *loves Ian*

P.S : I just noticed there was another topic with the same title! I just didn't see it (it was on the next page... You can delete my post if you'd like.... Sowy! *feels ashamed*)
Last edited by Prof. Lucy Lupin on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|Siggy by me - Want one? PM me|
Ian O'Shea is so much better than Edward Cullen!
Jennifer Kwan
No broom

Post by Jennifer Kwan » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:11 pm

Cool! Now I want to read it now. I've just finished Eclipse also by Stephenie Meyer, and I was hooked from the first page to the last page! Thanks for the recommendation!
Prof. Danya Amaritu
No broom

Post by Prof. Danya Amaritu » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:54 pm

Again? :lol:
Well, i've just finished reading Eclipse and i'm still waiting for The Breaking Dawn to be sold in my country.
But she has even published her new book... THE HOST... well, i think i must be more patient to catch up all.

Thanks for reviewing it, Lucy, and i really like to read some spoiler from you :P
Sarah Evans
No broom

Post by Sarah Evans » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:38 am

One of my friends said it was good. She'd read it in May or something!!!

Anyways, I HAVE to get that book!
Charity Swan
No broom

Post by Charity Swan » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:01 am

I love The Host! I can't decide if it's better than the Twilight series either.
I think once the sequels come out it'll be better (sorry Twilight, you know I love you too!)!

Wanda is awesome, and I thought the part where she gets annoyed at Jared at the others for calling her an "it" was hilarious!
Mel is awesome too, it would suck to be stuck in your body, but if I were stuck with Wanda I wouldn't complain too much. At least I wouldn't have to worry about my body being disposed of.
I also really like Ian, he's so kind and protective of Wanda. I have this icon that has a quote of Ian getting mad at Jared because he kissed Mel and Mel punched him.

Return to “Book Talk”