Breaking Dawn

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Gail Allen

Ivorie Windton
No broom

Postby Ivorie Windton » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:44 am

So August 2nd the new book in the Twilight series comes out. I can't wait. Is there anyone else totaly stocked for this new book?

What did you think of the other books and the characters?
|8" Vine and Dragon Heartstring|iv810|

Serenity Thomas
No broom

Postby Serenity Thomas » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:26 am

I totally can not wait for the new book. I've been rereading the others just to prepare myself for whats going on! I am totally in love with the books and counting down the days until I get my hands on Breaking Dawn!

Has anyone else seen the cover of it? It makes me wonder how it could possibly relate to the book!

Lucy Greyback
No broom

Postby Lucy Greyback » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:01 am

I am waiting for the last book anxiously. The book cover, I had this theory once but I can't seem to remember lol. From what I remember saying, the Queen is white is representative of Bella once she is turned into a vampire. After all, she might be more powerful than expected? And the red pawn, red represents blood and passion, I would assume it's Edward. He is the one that makes her "Queen".
Plus it's a chess board. Before becoming a queen, you have to go through "challenges" (I am not too familiar with chess but I know you need to get through several things before being crowned). The three first books might be the challenges.

The poster also has the following sentences :
"Don't be afraid." I murmured.
"We belong together."
I was abrutly overwhelmed by the truth of my own words. This moment was so perfect, so right, there was no way to doubt it. His arms wrapped around me, holding me against him... It felt like every nerve ending in my body was a live wire.
"Forever," he agreed.

These sentences make me believe this is the moment he turns her into a vampire. The last sentence "It felt like every nerve ending in my body was a live wire." Her body is losing "life" yet live wire may be an echo to the burning sensation she had when she first got bitten on her wrist. And then the forever is clear I guess.

That's one theory, the other would be she dies.... lol.
|4th Year||Student Teacher: Astrology 101 and Werewolves 101||Gryffindor.|

Piper McLaurin
No broom

Postby Piper McLaurin » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:27 pm

I can't believe we're going to find out so soon!!

I love the cover, and I think it could represent a few things. The queen, if it just moves one space, will be able to take the pawn, so I got the immediate feeling of capturing the blood-red pawn with angelic grace. Hmmm... I'm so unsure if she dies or not.

I want to see them get married! That's my biggest wish for the next book. I truly haven't decided if I want Bella to become a vampire or not...personally I don't think I would. Then wouldn't her blood not be the same smell to Edward any longer? Hmmm... :-D
~Piper McLaurin
Ravenclaw firstie!

Lucy Greyback
No broom

Postby Lucy Greyback » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:25 pm

See the problem is, I don't want her to get married if she is going to stay human and he is a vampire. Unless she is an Angel, and by sacrificing himself, he gets a chance at life again? lol XD

Gabrielle Belmont
No broom

Postby Gabrielle Belmont » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:23 am

Can't wait!!! But I have to wait till October to read it! :( They never send the books in English, we have to wait till they publish them in Spanish!
Proud Slytherin/Second year.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love.
The emblem,shield, and colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin,will suffice for everyone.

Keira Ashworth
No broom

Postby Keira Ashworth » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:08 pm

Gabrielle, I thought I was the only one who had to wait until October to read it! I can't believe there are still 3 months left!!
I was amazed by the previous books! It's incredible the way the book traps you inside that world, and you can get inside Bella's head and feel exactly the way she does...
I really want a "happy" ending, I think I would literally *kill* Stephanie Meyer if Bella died :( , or if she didn't stay with Edward forever...I don't care if the actually get married, but it would be great for Bella to experience her "honeymoon" before she turns into a vampire (if she finally does) \o/
Last edited by Keira Ashworth on Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucy Greyback
No broom

Postby Lucy Greyback » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Well I am moving to Germany this upcoming Tuesday, so I am moving just before it comes out in the USA. However, my brother is staying in the US until the end of August, so I asked him to get me a copy of the book before he flies over :P

Gabrielle Belmont
No broom

Postby Gabrielle Belmont » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:17 am

Keira Ashworth wrote:
QUOTE (Keira Ashworth @ Jul 18 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gabrielle, I thought I was the only one who had to wait until October to read it! I can't believe there are still 3 months left!!
I was amazed by the previous books! It's incredible the way the book traps you inside that world, and you can get inside Bella's head and feel exactly the way she does...
I really want a "happy" ending, I think I would literally *kill* Stephanie Meyer if Bella died :( , or if she didn't stay with Edward forever...I don't care if the actually get married, but it would be great for Bella to experience her "honeymoon" before she turns into a vampire (if she finally does) \o/

:lol: I guess we are all dying to know about the honeymoon part! You know, you can read some phrases of Breaking dawn on the web, they will kill you! One of them was Charlie telling Bella: Ok Bells, its our time to bat. :o

Im dying to get this book!

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love.
The emblem,shield, and colors of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin,will suffice for everyone.

Nicole Cullen
No broom

Postby Nicole Cullen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:48 am

[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font][size="3"][/size] I absolutley can not wait for breaking dawn to come out, though I hope it wait's till the end to turn her into a vampire, because I want there to be more danger for Bella, because in my oppinion, that makes the best story-line. I mean weren't you the most interested in the first book when James, Victoria, and Laurent arived. Weren't you extremely interested in the second book when Laurent and Bella met in the clearing, or when she was drowning, or when she was in Volterra. And weren't you un-controloubly interested in the third book when Victoria meets Edward, Bella, and Seth at there little campsite, just tell me I'm wrong and I'll agree.

Jenna Hathaway
Moontrimmer

Postby Jenna Hathaway » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:54 pm

I don't think Bella will die, judging by how Stephenie has set the whole soulmate thing. That'd be a really weird turn of events that will enrage the fans too, I think. I mean it would be the greatest twist ever, and be the best kind of tragic romance but... yeah I don't think this is *that* kind of book. I agree though that Bella being turned would be best if it was done in the last book, because once she's invincible, I don't know what the action/threats would be anymore.
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure

Gabrielle Belmont
No broom

Postby Gabrielle Belmont » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:23 am

Bella cant die! If she dies, Edward and Jacob die! Neither of them can live without her.

I think Bella will become a vampire, but not until the last chapters. First, we will get some good action.
And I really hope Jacob finds some happiness...
The only thing that I think is sure is that Edward and Bella will get married! I can't wait to read Renee's reaction!
I cant wait!!!

Nicole Cullen
No broom

Postby Nicole Cullen » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:16 pm

If bella dies, I will cry more then I did when I read the second book for the first time, and Edward left.
But... Yea.... It would be as famouse at Titanic was, if that happened, though it's already pretty famouse.
NICOLOPOLIO[color="#0000FF"][/color][font="Garamond"][/font][size="7"][/size]

Gabrielle Belmont
No broom

Postby Gabrielle Belmont » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:19 pm

:rolleyes: Its out for you lucky english speakers!!!! I have to wait till October so I can read it in spanish! :angry:
Tell me how is it! But no spoilers please!

Prof. Lucy Lupin
No broom

Postby Prof. Lucy Lupin » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:53 pm

Arf, I have to wait until my brother brings it to me in Germany <_< at the end of the month.... I can't wait! Hope those who read it already were not disappointed :)
|Siggy by me - Want one? PM me|
Ian O'Shea is so much better than Edward Cullen!

Return to “Book Talk”