What Book Are You Reading?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Ariella McManus

Simelírië Tindómiel
No broom

Postby Simelírië Tindómiel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:44 am

Right now, i'm reading a new series by Nora Roberts and have started rereading The Hobbit.

The list of books to read is ginormous. xD
~*~
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
Simelírië Tindómiel ~ si958 ~ First Year ~ Slytherin

Mikel Ace
No broom

Postby Mikel Ace » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:30 pm

currently i'm halfway through the cuckoos calling by jk rowling

Alice Dove
No broom

Re: What Book Are You Reading?

Postby Alice Dove » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:52 am

As of right now I'm reading The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (got it for free from my subscription to Loot Crate), A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) by George R.R. Martin. They're all so good!

Alessandra Grace
No broom

Postby Alessandra Grace » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:53 am

I've just finished "Blood of Olympus" by Rick Riordan, the fifth of the Heroes of Olympus series, so I've started re-reading the first, "The lost hero" ^-^
My list of "to read" book is enormous, too: I want to read all the books of "The song of Ice and Fire" from George R. R. Martin, and I've only read 7 of them so far, plus I want to read all the HP books in English (so far I've read till the fourth!) :P
Hear me roar!

Nephele Faunus
No broom

Postby Nephele Faunus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:17 pm

I've just started reading 'The Good Earth' by Pearl S. Buck and I'm halfway through 'I'll Give You The Sun' by Jandy Nelson !!

Hermione Brontë
No broom

Postby Hermione Brontë » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Currently reading A hat full of sky, by Terry Pratchett! ^_^
Siggy by Fumei Elf <3

Anisia Anom
No broom

Postby Anisia Anom » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:39 pm

I'm actually re-reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone :lol: Not sure what comes after, I have way too many books on the list.

Natasha Martin
No broom

Postby Natasha Martin » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:35 pm

I'm currently reading the The Vampire Diaries, I loved the show so much until Nina left and they killed Elena, I think they should have just changed actresses, personally. I wanted to find out where it came from and so I've started reading them and they're so addictive. :D

Ainsley Royce
No broom

Postby Ainsley Royce » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:36 am

Anisia, I'm doing that as well! I'm not only re-reading though, I'm highlighting, taking notes and making observations of foreshadowing. J.K. is amazing the way she foreshadowed so much and how many things I've missed or forgotten about! However, for new books that I'm reading, I'm reading some Doctor Who stories and Star Wars stories as well. I start like 10 books at once, which is not the best thing to do, but hey, at least I try to read a lot!! :)

Kia Brushman
No broom

Postby Kia Brushman » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:14 pm

Currently reading "Linger" by Maggie Stiefvater, a thrilling read so far!

Elizabeth Mayes
No broom

Postby Elizabeth Mayes » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:02 pm

I just finished The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin. It was really good and I'm kind of sad I'm now done with the series. At work I'm finishing up The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson. The next book in line is The Dolphins of Pern by Anne McCaffrey and at home I'll be starting The Choice. Not sure who the author is on that one. I kind of like keeping a book at work to read there even if it only means I get to read it for an hour a day, excluding weekends.
"I was born with a reading list I will never finish." - Maud Casey

Ascended Warrior Vin by axt234

Lucy Tyler
No broom

Postby Lucy Tyler » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:58 am

I adore the Shiver series! I think Linger might even be my favourite of the trilogy.

Sadly, I'm not reading anything at the moment, what with end of year exams happening. Once summer holidays start in two weeks, though, I'm definitely going to be getting into the books! My sister got a book as a present (I'm afraid I can't recall the name of it right now) and I'm planning on reading that one. As far as I recall, she said it was about a plane crash and the people who survive the crash finding out that the world they took off from doesn't seem to be quite the same one they've crashed in.

Return to “Book Talk”