Eldest.

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion
Dawn Christensen
No broom

Post by Dawn Christensen » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:31 pm

Has anyone read Eldest yet? It was so good and surprising. I couldn't believe that Murtagh was Eragon's brother. That was a big shocker. I was a bit upset that him and Arya didn't get together. I hope they do in the next book. I was also hoping for a bit of romance between Saphira and Glaedur. oh well. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Sonne Lindemann
No broom

Post by Sonne Lindemann » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:41 am

I always suspected he was his brother from his mother's side, but not all the way. And I thought he and Arya were bound to get together- not that it bothers me that they didn't. In fact I wouldn't have it any other way.
Prof. Hermione Pena
No broom

Post by Prof. Hermione Pena » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:44 pm

Long before Eldest came out I'd read an essay on an Eragon fansite that suggested Eragon and Murtagh were brothers, so I wasn't surprised when that turned out to be true. I was very surprised, though, how Murtagh ended up betraying Eragon, it's so sad how that all happened. Eragon and Arya's relationship (or lack of) was intersting to read, I'm looking forward to seeing how things will end up in the last book.
Magic is the sun that makes a rainbow out of rain
Magic keeps the dream alive to try and try again
Magic is the love that stays when good friends have to leave
I do believe in magic, I believe
Angelina Bell
No broom
Location: A Place Where Heaven And Earth Are One And The Same (Gryffindor)

Post by Angelina Bell » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:41 pm

I loved the book

From the first book I had the feeling that they were brothers and I knew he wasn't dead. The book series is amazing and I love it!

Siggy done by Rachel Baudelaire
Dawn Christensen
No broom

Post by Dawn Christensen » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:30 am

I had no suspicion they were brothers, but I was pretty sure the twins and murtagh were alive. I was just waiting for them to show up. As for Arya and Eragon, I really hope she starts to like him too. I think she does like him. I hope Saphira has some romance soon too. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Steph Rowe
No broom

Post by Steph Rowe » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:15 pm

It was SO good! I loved every minute of reading it!

I must say I was really surprised with Arya and Eragon, she really surprised me with how she acted. Eragon was funny, though, how he pined after her all the time /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I think she needs to lighten up a bit, though.
Dawn Christensen
No broom

Post by Dawn Christensen » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:31 am

yeah, who cares if she's older? I wish they would hurry up and get together. lol They better in the next book, because it's the last. if they don't, Christopher Paolini will hear a word from me. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
Adelaide Carson
No broom

Post by Adelaide Carson » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:41 pm

I liked Eldest a lot. I was really long, though... not that that's a bad thing! I wanted Eragon and Arya to get together though... And Murtagh--why did he turn evil??? I liked him...
Signature made by me. PM me if you want one! (I can't do animation yet, though. Sorry!)
Proud Lion
Wand: Redwood, 8 and 3/4 inches, Phoenix Feather core
Pet: Snowy Owl named Starr
Eoin Hogworth
No broom

Post by Eoin Hogworth » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:10 pm

I absoulutely loved it!But I'm afraid Eragon just beat it.
Keely Pederson
No broom

Post by Keely Pederson » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:22 pm

Oh, man, Eldest is AMAZING!!!! When I finished it, I was nearly in tears! I'm soooo sad that there's only one more book in the trilogy, though, because they have a lot of stuff to finish off in that book.

Ronan is cool... ^^
Last edited by Keely Pederson on Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RAMEN!!!!!!

Save the Chlorofleorocarbons!

Enjoy life. Enjoy the Love Ducks.
Morag McQueen
No broom

Post by Morag McQueen » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:53 am

I thought both books in the series were great. I just wish they'd hurry up with the third book. I wouldn't say no to the film coming out soon either though /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />
Many Thanks to the wonderful Efie from SparkleissaInk for both Signature and Avatar.
Ceridwen Hurst
No broom

Post by Ceridwen Hurst » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:59 pm

I am waiting on pins and needles for Book Three! Eragon was awesome but Eldest was awesomely great!

Murtagh is Eragon's brother! Another Rider! A stronger Rider! Eragon is the son of Morzan! Wow! I loved Eragon's stay with the elves and his education there. His transformation...wow again. I don't want to see Eragon and Arya together...yet. I just hope, with the help of a clever and brave Ronan, all will be well soon.
Dawn Christensen
No broom

Post by Dawn Christensen » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:33 pm

I am wondering how Chris will be able to fit everything in to one more book. There is still so much more to explain. I wish the book will come out very very soon. And the movie. I can't wait to see the movie. One part that bugged me in the book was when umm... what was her name? It started with an N. *gets out her 'Eldest' book. No wait, it was that Magician girl. Can't remember her name.. When she and Eragon were going to go out, and Saphira interrupted them. I was happy that she did, because that girl seemed suspicious. all the time i was like, 'no your supposed to like Arya!
Mirna Weasley
No broom

Post by Mirna Weasley » Wed May 10, 2006 12:13 pm

I really surprise in this book. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I not guest if Murtagh is Eragon brother, and Eragon is Murtagh son. And Eragon love Arya the Elf. How he fight and betrayel for his brother.
Lyza Zhen Haliwell
No broom

Post by Lyza Zhen Haliwell » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:55 am

I suspected that Eragon and Murtagh were brothers. It was hinted when Murtagh relay his past. I knew Ronan would not betray Eragon so I got the feeling that Murtagh will but I was hoping that he won't. Well. good series though.
|7 1/2" Mahogany w/ Unicorn Hair|GRYFFINDOR|3rd yr|
|PPC|Proud Rabbleteer|MuggleBorn|

siggy by Ceri McHawk
Victoria Malfoy-Potter
No broom

Post by Victoria Malfoy-Potter » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:48 am

I loved Eldest and Eragon they were both great books! I can't wait for book 3!
Amanda Hensgen
No broom

Post by Amanda Hensgen » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:04 pm

oh em gee. So I liek just finished Eldest this morning and it was an amazing novel. I loved it so much more then Eragon, although both were magnificent. I'll put these in spoilers cause yeah it'll totally ruin the book if you haven't read it yet =)

First off I was extremely shocked when it was revealed that Eragon and Murtagh were brothers. I was positive that the twins as well as Murtagh were not dead because it left no explanation and was just very incomplete. I sort of expected Murtagh to turn evil however just because he was with the twins and I assumed he'd been captured by the empire. I did not expect Morzan to be Eragon's father though. This makes perfect sense actually because all three are connected by each being or is a rider currently. I just hope beyond hope that Murtagh will sacrifice himself to do what's right. Obviously he's sworn in the ancient language so he can't go to the good side, but I really have a feeling he'll do the right thing trying to do the right thing in the end.

Another thing I desperately hope will happen in book 3, Eragon and Arya need to get together. I don't care their age difference, they are seriously meant to be. I felt so bad how Arya kept rejecting him. I can't tell if she really likes him and is just doing the noble thing, or if she really thinks it's wrong. I guess we'll see.

I knew Eragon's cousin would never betray him and I'm so happy their whole fight thing has worked out. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ahh so yes those are all my feelings and thoughts. I am extremely excited for the third novel to be released. Is anyone aware of when this will be? I bet it'll be like JKR and another 2 years. >_>
Ryouko Palma
Silver Arrow

Post by Ryouko Palma » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:36 am

Wow...everyone has spoilers. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I loved the book! Can't wait for the third one to come out. And the movie for Eragon comes out this December!
Ryouko Palma
First Year
Ravenclaw
Bev Grey
No broom

Post by Bev Grey » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:49 am

Loved this book... better then the first

"I'd Rather Be Hated For Who I Am Then Loved For Who I Am Not"

Return to “Book Talk”