Books You Have Read That Mention Hp In It!

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion
Orchid Dust
Moontrimmer

Post by Orchid Dust » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:39 am

On the back of Magyk there's a review and it says 'Look out Harry...' or something like that.

I read or watched something else that had a Harry Potter reference in it. I totally cant remember what it was though.
^^^ made by the lovelie Atrain Volecuz. imy,bbby.

"We take the love we think we deserve."
Marguerite Davenport
No broom

Post by Marguerite Davenport » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:56 am

I haven't come acrossed any yet. But i'm keeping my eyes open. I think it would be the coolest thing to see Harry Potter in any book.
Proud Member of the Sneer Squad & President of the Order of the Blanket
Proud D. A. MEMBER
Fifth-Year Slytherin Pure Blood

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
Yavanna Basham
No broom

Post by Yavanna Basham » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:49 am

I don't know if these count as being books, but I put them in that category. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Several magazines such as :
Time, Newsweek, and National Geographic, have all mentioned Certain things about HP.
One even talked about the real uses of Mandrake, and other plants and herbs,
that have been used in magic, and healing for thousands of years, using potions and spells from Harry Potter,with these plants and herbs, and comparing the two. (Cool, huh? ) /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Tina Jones
No broom

Post by Tina Jones » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:48 am

Again, not a book, but in the Season 3 episode of the new Doctor Who "The Shakespeare Code", the Doctor talks about HP 7 and "oh how [he] cried!". They also use the Disarming spell at the end of a larger spell to banish the witches to whence they came.

To quote again, "Good Ol' J.K."
Tina Jones
Hufflepuff | First year
9.5 inches, willow, demiguise hair core
Prof. Ceit Uiseag
Oakshaft 79

Post by Prof. Ceit Uiseag » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:19 pm

There are several HP references in Stephen King's Dark Tower series, starting from book 5, Wolves of the Calla.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become who you were born to be...</span>
Ariel Kingston
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ariel Kingston » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:52 pm

Not a book but in the LOTR South Park parody ep they see some kids "playing Harry Potter" also in the TV show The Office when they divide into teams the name them after Voldemort and (I think) Harry Potter
Marguerite Davenport
No broom

Post by Marguerite Davenport » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:49 pm

It's not a book but in Charmed "We're off to see the wizard" the girls mention Merlin and the wizard was like, Tell me thats not the only wizard you've ever heard of. And Paige was like "Does Harry Potter count". I thought that was pretty cool.
Last edited by Marguerite Davenport on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud D. A. MEMBER

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
Gwen Juniper
No broom

Post by Gwen Juniper » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:32 am

In Maximum Ride; Saving the World and other Extreme sports by James Patterson
they mention Harry Potter, like these kids are flying away and the main character
thinks something like "I feel like Harry Potter escaping from the Dursleys except
oh yeah, I bet the Dursleys weren't shooting at him and we're not using brooms"
Marguerite Davenport
No broom

Post by Marguerite Davenport » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:10 am

I was watching Law and Order CI and in the Blasters eppi this Screech (saved by the bell) type stand-in was selling bootleg Harry Potter DVDs out of an Ice Cream truck. I think they were Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVd which is funny because the it aired 21 November 2006 and the movie is still in production I think they ment to use the Order Dvd instead.
Proud D. A. MEMBER

Belle Black
No broom

Post by Belle Black » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:56 am

I have come across a few......

In the tv show Friends, Ross makes a comment to Joey about "it's a (something??), not a cloak of invisibility"

In the movie A Cinderella Story (with Hillary Duff) there is a shot of the HP books in her bedroom, when her father's will falls out of a book

Devil Wears Prada- she tries to get the unpublished book 7 manuscript (and succeeds)

DaVinci Code too

Oh, and my husband was reading a graduate school book about Business and how some bosses can be really bad and they make a reference to bad bosses being like dementors who suck the fun out of everything- we were at the beach when he read that and he laughed and pointed it out
Isabella Black, Hufflepuff House
"look, there she goes- that girl is so peculiar. I wonder if she's feeling well. With a dreamy, far off look, and her nose stuck in a book. What a puzzle to the rest of us is Belle" Newbies are my passion...
Prof. Opal Dragonfly
Cleansweep One

Post by Prof. Opal Dragonfly » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:26 pm

And there was the famous episode of THe Simpsons, when they went to the UK and the daughter runs into JKRowling on a street--and JKR's repsonse isn't all that nice, but probably the way JKR feels about people who bug her too much--LOL! Prof. Opal
Professor Opal Dragonfly

Magical Creatures Lore I, and II
Potable Potions I, II, and III
Principles of Deep Magic I
Symbolism in HP Literature

My Web Site
Lily Diggory
No broom

Post by Lily Diggory » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:59 am

I think HP is mentioned in Alex Rider: Eagle Strike and some others in the series.
Badger Pride! Hufflepuff to win the House Cup 2011!
Hayley Harrison
No broom

Post by Hayley Harrison » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:35 pm

I heard it mentioned in a book by Stephen King, one of his newer ones, but i can't remember which :)
Megan Moody
No broom

Post by Megan Moody » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:30 am

I recently read the book "Crash Into Me". The author's name escapes me, but in a later chapter it says, "After the food came we watched the first Harry Potter movie"

I squeed a little :P
My signature was too large, I should fix it to 250width x 100 height.

Repo!=<3
Megan Moody
No broom

Post by Megan Moody » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:34 am

Camille Ritter wrote:QUOTE (Camille Ritter @ Aug 12 2006, 07:54 AM)
I can't remember the name of the book, but a few years ago I was reading it and someone had said something like: "Well, it's not like he's Lord Voldemort or anything." referencing to the fact that someone couldn't have been as bad has Voldemort. I wish I could remember, but it was a long time ago.
I think I've read this before! Sounds super familiar because I remember laughing at it XD
My signature was too large, I should fix it to 250width x 100 height.

Repo!=<3
Dolly Frazer
Moontrimmer

Post by Dolly Frazer » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:22 am

There's a reference in a book from the Living Blonde series, 'How To Date A Millionaire' or something. Anyways it was 'in my bed, digesting my dinner/food and the latest Harry Potter'. Something to that effect.

Dolly Frazer, Ravenclaw, Sixth Year, HOLLERS Assistant, Ravenclaw RP

Return to “Book Talk”