Books You Have Read That Mention Hp In It!

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion
Lilly Weasley
No broom

Post by Lilly Weasley » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:37 pm

I am reading a book called Big Bad Wolf by James Patterson and there is a comment in there about Harry Potter. I was just wondering if anyone else has come across a reference to the HP books in a book they didn't think they would see it in.
Brandon Flibble
No broom

Post by Brandon Flibble » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:09 pm

I spotted one in The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GU d- s+:-- a-- C++>$ U? L(-) E? W++ N? o? K? w+ !O M-- V? PS(+) PE Y PGP- t++ 5++ X- R tv++ b+++ DI+++ D+ G e(*) h! !r !z+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Isabella Astiar
No broom

Post by Isabella Astiar » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:35 am

QUOTE I spotted one in The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.[/quote]

I almost dropped the book when I spotted this reference. It was absolutely hilarious! Yes, truly, Harry Potter is the best selling book of all ages, eclipsing the Bible into oblivion! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> (is joke)
Isabella Astiar
Regina Silverthread
No broom

Post by Regina Silverthread » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:24 am

I know may books that mention Harry Potter in them, but the only one that comes to mind is A Seagull's Tale. A seagull helps a little girl, and in one moment she cries: How did you do that? Are you HP?
Bridget Chlum
No broom

Post by Bridget Chlum » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:58 pm

hp was mentioned quite a few times in the abby hayes series
Thanks for the cool sig Ceri
wand: 10 1/2 inches from a fir tree, with a kraken beak core
Harry- So Light a fire!
Hermione- Yes-of course- but there's no wood!
Ron-HAVE YOU GONE MAD? ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT?
Hermione-Oh, Right
Orchid Dust
Moontrimmer

Post by Orchid Dust » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:26 pm

I read a book called the Lake House and he's like 'Even you muggles' in the beginning. I was like OMG!!

Who watched the Summerland episode where the Nikki is talking about her book club and she was like 'And Harry Potter ofcourse...' i know that's not big but it was like OMG!
Lilly Weasley wrote:QUOTE (Lilly Weasley @ Aug 4 2005, 04:37 PM) I am reading a book called Big Bad Wolf by James Patterson and there is a comment in there about Harry Potter. I was just wondering if anyone else has come across a reference to the HP books in a book they didn't think they would see it in.

What page, me and my mum have all the James Patterson books.
^^^ made by the lovelie Atrain Volecuz. imy,bbby.

"We take the love we think we deserve."
Serena Woods
No broom

Post by Serena Woods » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:01 pm

In The Devil Wears Prada, Harry Potter #7 is demanded for this lady's daughter i think? I can't remember. I haven't read the book in forever.

But it definitely mention harry potter number 7.
Alice Averi
No broom

Post by Alice Averi » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:11 pm

My friend was reading a book in homeroom once and I was sitting next to her and she just started cracking up. I asked her what she was laughing at and she read me this hilarious harry potter reference from her book. She and I are both fans so we got the reference immedietly. I can't remember what book she was reading though, but I'd never hear of it before, so oh well. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
Lilly Weasley
No broom

Post by Lilly Weasley » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:33 pm

Orchid Dust wrote:QUOTE (Orchid Dust @ Aug 2 2006, 10:26 AM) I read a book called the Lake House and he's like 'Even you muggles' in the beginning. I was like OMG!!

Who watched the Summerland episode where the Nikki is talking about her book club and she was like 'And Harry Potter ofcourse...' i know that's not big but it was like OMG!
What page, me and my mum have all the James Patterson books.
I'm not sure any more. It's been so long since I read that book. I love James Patterson books. I even read Lake House!
Phoebe Mangrove
No broom

Post by Phoebe Mangrove » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:44 am

Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code
Last edited by Phoebe Mangrove on Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Camille Ritter
No broom

Post by Camille Ritter » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:54 pm

I can't remember the name of the book, but a few years ago I was reading it and someone had said something like: "Well, it's not like he's Lord Voldemort or anything." referencing to the fact that someone couldn't have been as bad has Voldemort. I wish I could remember, but it was a long time ago.
Ashley Denver
No broom

Post by Ashley Denver » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:46 pm

I don't remember what book it was but it mentioned it. This ladies daughter was obsessed with the Harry Potter books, and she even wanted her mother to but her some potion ingedients. Then later it talked about a fight that happened in the house between the mother and father, as the mother was cleaning up she found a ripped Harry Potter book on the couch.
Proud Hufflepuff Fifth Year.
Brenna Delaney
No broom

Post by Brenna Delaney » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:14 am

Well it's not a book, but I do remember a Harry Potter being mentioned in one of the early episodes of Angel. It was at the start of the Fred/Pylea thing, where Lorne was mistaken for a children's reading time volunteer.
Amanda Hensgen
No broom

Post by Amanda Hensgen » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:12 am

serena woods wrote:QUOTE (serena woods @ Aug 4 2006, 11:01 AM) In The Devil Wears Prada, Harry Potter #7 is demanded for this lady's daughter i think? I can't remember. I haven't read the book in forever.

But it definitely mention harry potter number 7.
Ahh I remember that part it was really funny. Andy was asked (or demanded /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />) by her boss to obtain the manuscripts for HP7. It hadn't been published or released yet, obviously. Anyway, Andy was forced to call every editor she knew in order to get the book. Luckily, she was able to somehow get the books for her bosses twins. I remember well seeing that part that she'd never actually get HP7, but she did it was so unfair ;D I was extremely jealous. XD
Lilly Weasley
No broom

Post by Lilly Weasley » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:03 pm

Inkheart mentions J.K on the back cover..of the hard cover book.
Mene Moonplanet
No broom

Post by Mene Moonplanet » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:05 pm

Brenna Delaney wrote:QUOTE (Brenna Delaney @ Aug 14 2006, 08:14 AM) Well it's not a book, but I do remember a Harry Potter being mentioned in one of the early episodes of Angel. It was at the start of the Fred/Pylea thing, where Lorne was mistaken for a children's reading time volunteer.
And in one episode of Buffy, Dawn jokes that "it's not like she's going to Hogwarts".
Wand: mountain ash berry, unicorn hair core, 33 cm / 13 inch
6th year Ravenclaw
Lilly Weasley
No broom

Post by Lilly Weasley » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:08 am

He who must not be named and hogwarts and muggles is mentioned in the movie Doogel!
Tha Werkheiser
No broom

Post by Tha Werkheiser » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:24 pm

I can't remember. Mentioned Voldemort, Harry himself, and Hogwarts. Book or movie? *think*
Jenna Hathaway
Moontrimmer

Post by Jenna Hathaway » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:49 am

Actually the one mentioned in The Devil Wears Prada is Harry Potter 4. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

There's this book by Meg Cabot titled Avalon High in which the characters were talking about an evil force and the name Lord Voldemort came up. Also there's a book about witches titled Bras and Broomsticks where the girl that's the main character just figured out her sister's a witch and couldn't believe it, so she asked "And what, Dad's Harry Potter in disguise?" or something along those lines /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />
Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure
Avery Brookshire
No broom

Post by Avery Brookshire » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:20 pm

They also mention it in Lost, when Sayid fuses two different glasses together to make hideous reading glasses for Sawyer-and Hurley goes "Dude, it looks like someone steam rolled Harry Potter." haha Poor Sawyer...

And actually, the new dictionary has the word "muggle" defined!
*Yo ho, yo -ouch!- a pirate's life for me*

"Of course the Neverlands vary a good deal. John's had a lagoon with flamingo's flying over it at which John was shooting, while Michael, who was very small, had a flamingo with lagoons flying over it."

~I'm having Sirius denial~

Return to “Book Talk”