Which Book Series Is Your Fav.?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Lilly Anderson

Lindsey Hyde-Phoenix
No broom

Postby Lindsey Hyde-Phoenix » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:08 pm

Harry Potter obviously, and I adore Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. I've read the first Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book and loved it so I'm going to look for the sequels. Other than these few, I don't really read series a lot - I tend to read standalone books, but I do stick to one author for awhile if I find a book by them that I absolutely love.

I used to love The Babysitters' Club, but I haven't read them since I was 12 or so. :P
Gryfftoberfest '09 - are you ready!?

Ophelia Cromwell
No broom

Postby Ophelia Cromwell » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:25 pm

Okay, well, of course I love the Harry Potter series but that is tied first place or may even be a close second to the Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce. I read them once and I just fell in love with them. The plot was great, the writing amazing, yeah, I loved them :P I've read plenty of other series' that are very good but these two would have to be my favourites ^.^
Ophelia Cromwell|Second year|Gryffindor

Alex Night
No broom

Postby Alex Night » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:10 am

mine would have to be...The Night World Series. Best Books about the supernatural world out there!
Alex

Hermionie Miranda
Moontrimmer

Postby Hermionie Miranda » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:36 am

I guess Nancy Drew.
Hufflepuff Prefect
Fel's Bag Carrier and Hufflepuff Seer *wink wink*
Avatar by Dario Sehovic, Signature made by myself

Narcissa Heart
No broom

Postby Narcissa Heart » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:49 pm

I recently, well a year ago, started an older series but new to me that I just love. It is "The Wheel of time". I really am enjoying the characters and story lines. One thing though that I enjoyed about the Harry Potter books that makes them a close tie to my favorite was the new world J.K. Rowling developed. I enjoy learning the different detail foods, candy, spells, ect.
Thank you Rosa for my avatar & siggy!

Risa Swan
No broom

Postby Risa Swan » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Besides Harry Potter, my favorite book series--for now--are Darren Shan's Saga and Bartimaeus Trilogy, I guess. :P

Annabelle Avril
No broom

Postby Annabelle Avril » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:06 pm

HARRY POTTER!!!!! :lol:

For me, nothing can compare Harry Potter. It's too magic. I also like Lord of the Rings series and Sookie Stackhouse series.

Hermione Nadine Gillonder
No broom
Location: Ravenclaw, values intelligence, creativity, learning, and wit!

Postby Hermione Nadine Gillonder » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:23 am

HARRY POTTER FOR SURE! Haha, it's too magical and great, I read them like 20 times... Ah, I love it too much and yes, I believe there's no one compares Harry Potter. I learned about spells, the foods, love, friendship, and all because of Harry Potter Series...

"Here in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Those of wit and learning
will always find their kind."

[/size][/color]

Angelus Servushotte
No broom

Postby Angelus Servushotte » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:03 am

Well, I can't decide............... but CIRCUE DU FREAK.....
I love... the series....
but also love Harry Potter series.........
*Sig and Avatar done by great Efie in Sparkleissa Ink.

Chinni Weasley
No broom

Postby Chinni Weasley » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:50 pm

besides obviously loving the HP books i really really like House of Night, Percy Jackson, Darcie Lock novels and the noughts and crosses series, and i forgot i looooooooooove the Night World series :lol: amazing series :)

Ely Granger
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ely Granger » Mon May 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Harry Potter and Eragon!
-------------- *Siggy by me* ------------------

Laurie Lovegood
No broom

Postby Laurie Lovegood » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:38 pm

I love wayyyyy too many serieses for this to be an easy decision. Well, no, Harry Potter of course, but also House of Night, Twilight, Eragon, Series of Unfortunate Events, Pendragon, and soooo many more...

Tuesday Ciel
No broom

Postby Tuesday Ciel » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 pm

My favorite series happen to the Harry Potter series, the House of Night series, and the Wicked Lovely series. I happen to like fantasy a whole lot.

Trevor Williams
No broom

Postby Trevor Williams » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:10 am

Of course the Harry Potter series are my favorite books or else I wouldn't be here right now!
Besides Harry Potter, I really like the Inheritance Series (Eragon), the Wicked Series, and The Giver Books. All are fantastic books and ones that I highly recommend!

Maria Stewart
No broom

Postby Maria Stewart » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Besides HP, that are one of my favourites, I've read almost all of Nicholas Sparks :) If you like romantic books, then you should definetly read: The Last Song, The Notebook, Message in a bottle. My top 3 of Nicholas Sparks :D

Chandrika Sundari
No broom

Postby Chandrika Sundari » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:54 am

Harry Potter is one of them of course. I also like The Empire Trilogy by Raymond E Feist and Janny Wurts, the trilogy is part of Feist's larger Riftwar Saga series. There's the classic Oz series, though I haven't read all of them. The Fear Street Saga by RL Stine (there's a trilogy: The Betrayal, The Secret, and The Burning) is one of my oldest favorites. I like several series within the Star Wars expanded universe; mainly The Thrawn Trilogy, the X-Wing series, and most of the Jedi Apprentice series. Lastly the Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind and for a more loose series (they're stand alones, but fit together) Phillipa Gregory's Tudor books; The Other Boleyn Girl, The Queen's Fool, etc.

I also like the Vampire Chronicles, though I've only read Interview with the Vampire and The Vampire Lestat; and the Anne of Green Gables series, which I haven't quite finished.
A newer series that I may end up liking is The Imager Portfolio, as I really enjoyed the first book Imager, but I haven't gotten the 2nd book yet.

Morticia Von Page
No broom

Postby Morticia Von Page » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:46 pm

My favourite book series is definately the Monkeewrench books by PJ Tracy. I love good murder novels, and following characters through different books. With PJ Tracy I love the mix of gory murders, hardworking detectives and their lines of work, and the romance/ jokey side of the relationships. They're just so good :D Plus, I love the Spooks apprentice books by Joseph Delanely. Haven't read those in a while though!!!

Murkolo Rell
No broom

Postby Murkolo Rell » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:55 am

My favorite series, besides HP is "The Dark Tower" by Stephen King. I also like LotR, Magic Tree House (laugh all you like xD) and The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.
I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines.

Geneva Masen
No broom

Postby Geneva Masen » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:02 am

Murkolo Rell wrote:
QUOTE (Murkolo Rell @ Aug 17 2010, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My favorite series, besides HP is "The Dark Tower" by Stephen King. I also like LotR, Magic Tree House (laugh all you like xD) and The Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.

Aww, I wouldn't laugh at you over the treehouse books; I like them too, but am too cowardly to admit it in RL.

Return to “Book Talk”