Tamora Pierce

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion
Merenwen Telrinya
No broom

Post by Merenwen Telrinya » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:26 pm

I love Tamora Pierce's books! I don't really have a favourite series though, more of a favourite book per series because the series' are so different. I'm still trying to get a copy of Tricksters Queen, as where ever I go they don't sell it.
Image I'm not bossy, I just have good ideas!
Lynn Mander
No broom

Post by Lynn Mander » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:39 pm

My favourite so far has definitely been the Song of the Lioness quartet. It was soooo good! I've also read and enjoyed the Protector of the Small quartet and one of the Circle of Magic books, and I have The Immortals quartet sitting in my room on my 'to read' list. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -Albert Einstein

Nina Cecka
No broom

Post by Nina Cecka » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:51 am

I love love love love Tamora Peirce!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> She's one of my favorite authors! The Song of the Lioness is my definate favorite and right after that is the Immortals

Before you critize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you critize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

Wand: 15 inches from a maple tree, with a dragon claw core

Pets: One cat named Starlene.
Crystal Key
No broom

Post by Crystal Key » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:24 pm

Just a note to Merenwen;

Trickser's Queen is for sale at Amazon.com.........

Crys
Lorme Nix
No broom

Post by Lorme Nix » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:03 pm

Oh hurray!! I love Tamora Pierce.

I have read The Immortals I-III (I need to get the fourth one.) I am also reading the Protector of the Small. I'm on the third one. Last summer I read the Trickster's Choice. It was good. I want to read the second one. They are probably my favorite fantasy series.

I would have to give Tamora a 10/10. Her books are great.
Surrender your heart to the Darkness.Image
Wand: 9 3/4", Holly, Veela
You scored 21 wisdom, 27 bravery, 31 emotional, and 33 martyrdom!
Holly is a powerful protective wood that good for use against evil, but it also represents dreams and fertility. The veela hair as a wand core means that you are slightly unpredictable but very powerful.
Katherine Riddle
No broom

Post by Katherine Riddle » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:43 am

Oh, yes. Tamora Pierce is one of my very favorite authors. Since I read Terrier a few weeks ago, I have read all of her books. I don't own any of them yet, because I can't afford any more bookshelves and my desk, dresser, and floor are already covered in books, but I check them out so often it feels like I own them.

Hmm...I really liked the Trickster books, but Terrier was really good, too. I'll have to see how those turn out overall, and then decide. The Emelan books are good, but I'm still attached to Tortall.

~Kat
Lyza Zhen Haliwell
No broom

Post by Lyza Zhen Haliwell » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:11 pm

I have seen some of Tamora's book. I'd have to say she's pretty good. There were times, though, when i barely grip on what she was trying to say. but I love those that I have read.
|7 1/2" Mahogany w/ Unicorn Hair|GRYFFINDOR|3rd yr|
|PPC|Proud Rabbleteer|MuggleBorn|

siggy by Ceri McHawk
Scott Novak
No broom

Post by Scott Novak » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:22 am

I love Tamora Pierce's books! My favorite is the circle of magic series! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

This incredible avatar is courtesy of Prof. Anya Chutney

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities-Dumbledore
Falay Marker
No broom

Post by Falay Marker » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:37 pm

I only own Wild Magic and Emperor Mage. However I have read all the Tortall, all three quartets and the sequels with Kel.
Megan Morgan
No broom

Post by Megan Morgan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:31 am

I love Tammy's books! I loved Terrier adn the Protector of the Small series. I prefer the Tortall universe to the one in Circle of Magic, and with the Circle ones, I'll usually wait to buy them in stores instead of having them preordered. I can safely say I've read everything of hers excluding her White Tiger series. I really like the short stories too, they're fun to read.
Sully Dark
No broom

Post by Sully Dark » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:06 am

Tamora Pierce is one of my favorite authors. My favorite series has to be Immortals, I wanted to be Daine so badly when I was younger. She's an amazing character, probably one of my top five book characters of all time.
The only series I've not liked much so far was The Circle Opens, Although I've only read the first book of that one, I found it really hard to get into it. Other than that I really like all of them.
Zach Goldenfarb
No broom

Post by Zach Goldenfarb » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:07 pm

I only have one of them, and it is good.
Gryffindor 2007-2008 for the cup!
You know you want to win.
MAKE AS MANY POINTS AS YOU CAN!
Marilla Teague
No broom

Post by Marilla Teague » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:01 am

I LOVE Tamora Pierce! My favorite books are definitely all of the Circle books, probably because I love spinning and weaving just like Sandry, and gardening like Briar!

I also love the Daine books, and well really all of them.

I got to meet Tammie twice and in real life she is so supportive of young writers and strong women!

Tamora Pierce rocks!

Marilla
Sarah Ketlivine
No broom

Post by Sarah Ketlivine » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:13 am

I like her new series about Beka Cooper. It was totally amazing and I can't wait for the second book to come out, because I don't think it has yet. I also liked her Trickster's Choice and Trickster's Queen. Most definately high on my favorite authors list. For some reason I've never gotten around to reading the Immortals series, I'm thinking I will read it once I finish 1984. I have read every book by her other than those.

-Sarah
Prof. Opal Dragonfly
Cleansweep One

Post by Prof. Opal Dragonfly » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:55 am

I've read The Lioness quartet, The Immortals quartet, and Protector of the Small quartet. after that I stopped. I definitely thought those three sections of the overall series were very good. Prof. Opal
Last edited by Prof. Opal Dragonfly on Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Professor Opal Dragonfly

Magical Creatures Lore I, and II
Potable Potions I, II, and III
Principles of Deep Magic I
Symbolism in HP Literature

My Web Site
Christina Birch
No broom

Post by Christina Birch » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:11 am

I am so glad that someone else (well, loads of people) love these books! I didn't know that that many people liked them. I feel like celebrating. *hands out cookies and butterbeer to everyone* Anyway, I love these books. I've read The Immortals, The Lioness Quartet, The Protector of the Small series, and the Tricksters Choice books. My favorite series is definitely the Immortal Series with Daine. I kind of have this thing for Numair. :P I like the Lioness Quartet, too, but I like Daine more than Alanna.
Madison Porter
No broom

Post by Madison Porter » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:03 am

OMGYES.

Tamora Pierce is my favorite author ever.
I can't pick one series that I like more than the others.
I have read every single on of her books.
And I can't wait for the next Beka Cooper to come out! :D

I really like Trickster's Choice//Trickster's Queen, though.

Although I love Numair as a character...
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"
~Albus Dumbledore
Ariel Kingston
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ariel Kingston » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:45 pm

ah I simple adore TP espically the new Beka Cooper series I must say waiting for the new books is pure tourture.... other then that I'd say Immortal Series is my second favorite but to be honest I've never meet at TP book that I didn't like.
Faye Laramie
Moontrimmer

Post by Faye Laramie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:14 pm

-is going to meet her at a con in two weeks-

-gloats some more-

:D
Glumbumble pie.
Ariel Kingston
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ariel Kingston » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:45 pm

*tackles Faye *

oooo details girl what con are you going to where is it at! lucky lucky lucky

I did meet Peter Beagle at a con once it was awesome but to meet Tamora ahhh that would be beyond awesome

Return to “Book Talk”