Book Suggestions

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Ariella McManus

Cecilia Sykes
No broom

Postby Cecilia Sykes » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:37 pm

"Cloud Atlas" by David Mitchell
"Night Circus" by Erin Morganstern

Cloud Atlas is more SciFi and Night Circus is fantasy, but they're both amazing. My top two favorite books that aren't part of a series!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
-Walt Disney

Simelírië Tindómiel
No broom

Postby Simelírië Tindómiel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:46 am

Throne of Glass by Sarah Maas. It's the first book of the THrone of Glass Series. The second book is already out and there are novellas several novellas before and between the books. It's an amazing story.
~*~
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
Simelírië Tindómiel ~ si958 ~ First Year ~ Slytherin

Cherylinn Buvelle
No broom

Postby Cherylinn Buvelle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:33 pm

If anyone here is a sucker for a modern tragic romance like me, I would really recommend reading "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green.

Jacqualine Snape
No broom

Postby Jacqualine Snape » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:46 am

I like all the books by Rick Riordan, Terry Pratchet, and Eoin Colfer, which are all in the Fantasy Genre.

I like all the books by Lillian Jackson-Braun and Agatha Christie, which are in the Crime Genre.

I like all the books by Douglas Adams, Roger Zelasny and Robert Rankin, which are in the Sci Fi Genre.

But these are just a few of my books, I am an avid bookworm and my friends say I live in a library, but what's wrong with that?

Also keep posting suggestions as I reading your suggestions just makes me realise how many authors there are that I can fall in love with, now which ones can I put on my birthday wish list.
HARD WORK CAN TURN ANY DREAM INTO REALITY - BUT A BIT OF MAGIC ALWAYS HELPS

Vanessa Tilley
No broom

Re: Book Suggestions

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Sun May 07, 2017 2:29 pm

I have enjoyed most of the new books I have tried out this year.

If you like crime thrillers "The Teacher" and "The Secret" by Katerina Diamond are great! I wasn't able to put them down because it moved so quickly.
If you like regular crime novels I suggest James Patterson books.
If you like steampunk I recommend the "Souless" series by Gail Carringer.
If you like fantasy I recommend "The Last Apprentice" by Joesph Delaney.

Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Re: Book Suggestions

Postby Marie Dark » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:12 pm

Well, I have to confess, I Did NOT read everyone's suggestions for reading.... so if someone said the Da Vinci Code series, before now.... then I apologize for the Echo.....
I really enjoy the series and yes , I am one of those people who have to look up facts... to make sure they're true..... hahaha I laugh typing this because I know some of YOU out there, do the same thing.....
So, if you haven't read the "Code's" series, then give it a flip and challenge it too.... then message me or this space and we can talk about it.... Of course, all out of good Fun...

Return to “Book Talk”