Everything Related To Lotr And Music

Everything J.R.R. Tolkien
Venefica vom Lehn
Oakshaft 79

Postby Venefica vom Lehn » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:53 pm

Hey everyone smile.gif

I was just curious if anyone of you has heard about this... There will be an extended version of the "Fellowship of the Ring" soundtrack released rather soon (November 22nd) which will include all the music from the film!
Being a huge fan of the soundtracks, I've already decided to buy the CD(s?) (together with a friend), even though there isn't much information available at the moment.
I've just seen a cover of the CD, apparently, at a German gallery, and that made me think once more of how excited I am. Hehe, finally something LotR-connected to look forward to again! biggrin.gif

How about you? Have you heard about it? Do you have any information?

vene
Last edited by Venefica vom Lehn on Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe life is like rain. Alive if you let it be; lousy and depressing if you don't.
Taken from 50% Chance of Lightning by Cristina Salat.

~ venefica vom Lehn ~ Staff-member of the HOLTolkienSociety ~ Hufflepuff Seventh Year ~

Nothing has [color=orange]ever felt so right and natural and true and good.[/color]
Taken from Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden.

Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Rachel Selenia » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:38 am

No I haven't heard anything at all about it! I would really like to buy it though, if I only had money to buy it... sad.gif Sadly, I don't...
Rachel Selenia || pr_rch || Hufflepuff || Professor of Norse Myths and Legends
Head of HOL Tolkien Society || Wizarding Times Staff Member || HOL Book Club

Venefica vom Lehn
Oakshaft 79

Postby Venefica vom Lehn » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:07 pm

news, news, news! biggrin.gif

the set will include three discs with the music on cd, and one dvd with everything in 5.1 sound and some more commentary and artwork...

this is the track list:

Disc One
1 Prologue: One Ring to Rule Them All
2 The Shire
3 Bag End
4 Very Old Friends
5 Flaming Red Hair
6 Farewell Dear Bilbo
7 Keep It Secret, Keep It Safe
8 A Conspiracy Unmasked
9 Three Is Company
10 The Passing of The Elves
11 Saruman the White
12 A Shortcut to Mushrooms
13 Strider
14 The Nazgûl

Disc Two
1 Weathertop
2 The Caverns of Isengard
3 Give Up the Halfling
4 Orthanc
5. Rivendell
6 The Sword That Was Broken
7 The Council of Elrond Assembles Featuring "Aníron (Theme for Aragorn and Arwen)" Composed & performed by Enya
8 The Great Eye
9 Gilraen's Memorial
10 The Pass of Caradhras
11 The Doors of Durin
12 Moria
13 Gollum
14 Balin's Tomb

Disc Three
1 Khazad-dûm
2 Caras Galadhon Featuring "Lament for Gandalf" performed by Elizabeth Fraser
3 The Mirror Of Galadriel
4 The Fighting Uruk-hai
5 Parth Galen
6 The Departure Of Boromir
7 The Road Goes Ever On… Pt. 1
8 May It Be Composed & performed by Enya
9 The Road Goes Ever On… Pt. 2 Featuring "In Dreams" performed by Edward Ross

the price is now said to be 66 euros (at least in germany)...
Maybe life is like rain. Alive if you let it be; lousy and depressing if you don't.

~ venefica vom Lehn ~ Staff-member of the HOLTolkienSociety ~ Hufflepuff Seventh Year ~

Nothing has [color=orange]ever felt so right and natural and true and good.[/color]

Ceri McHawk
No broom

Postby Ceri McHawk » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:42 pm

Oooo... This is AMAZING!!! and sad for those who live by the south because who knows when and IF we can get it here in Argentina (I know you can buy it online but when they have to charge the fee for sending it: becomes almost a sin to get! wink.gif )
Anyway... what hadn't I done before for complete my whole LOTR collection???? Actually I'd sell my soul for it! :blush:

Thanks for the new Vene!!! smile.gif
Last edited by Ceri McHawk on Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julius Hoffburn
No broom

Postby Julius Hoffburn » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:19 am

That's really cool! I'll definitely buy it for Christmas!
"Better is a thousand words is one word that brings PEACE"

Isabella Kettleburn
No broom

Postby Isabella Kettleburn » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:51 pm

Oh that sounds amazing. I already own all three soundtracks but you can never have too many, right? smile.gif The music from the films is incredible, I've seen it performed in concert twice and it just takes my breath away. Thanks for passing along the info!
~*~Fourth Year~*~ Wand: 10" Sycamore, centaur tail hair core.~*~

Cyriel Aurorus
No broom

Postby Cyriel Aurorus » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:28 pm

I can't wait for the soundtrack to get to Estonia! I already have the soundtracks of movies 1-3 and I have to have this one too ph34r.gif. Howard Shore is a genius, I love his music.
|Cyriel Bowl of D00m! \o/|cy602|Fifth Year|Prefect|
|SPD|Spice Squad|Paw Print|LCPP Head|Teh Ubar|

Eliza Ithil
Moontrimmer

Postby Eliza Ithil » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:20 am

To say I agree doesn't seem to do it justice!!!
I am obsessed with the Lord of the Rings soundtracks-- they have been the "most played" on my iPod since I put them on! Thanks for this info, I def will keep my eye out for it. 'Course, my mom will think I'm weird if I say I want another version.
smile.gif All of you are from such amazing places. I had no idea. I'm just from the United States- how boring! English is my first language and you guys rock at it! Totally admirable.
*curtsies*
God Bless Howard Shore! I need to get the Aviator soundtrack even tho the movie sucked... 'course, Alan Alda was in it, so no complaining allowed. mumbles on...
Ithilwen
Thanks to Jacenta, owner of Sig N Av Palace, for this amazing signature and av!
Wand: 8 3/4 inches, willow, griffin tail feather
United States

Venefica vom Lehn
Oakshaft 79

Postby Venefica vom Lehn » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:34 pm

I just wanted to ask if anyone else has got the extended soundtrack...?
I got it for christmas, together with my friend. It was so expensive - 77 euros now! *shakes her head* I think for the next soundtrack we'll wait until it gets a bit cheaper, but in the end, I want to have them all. tongue.gif
When I first opened my present, I was awestruck with the box. It's designed to look like a book, and it's all just so beautiful! Then there's a really interesting booklet, including the music of some major themes. (Which I of course tried to play on the piano *hehe*.) And it also contains information on the instruments used. I'll have to read that part some day, but right now, my friend's got it.

Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Rachel Selenia » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:57 pm

Oh, I so want to buy it!! I found it at a Swedish online store, but it's 479 SEK (about 51 euro)... sad.gif I know, it's not so much money really, but I don't think I can afford it yet anyway... *sighs*
Rachel Selenia || pr_rch || Hufflepuff || Professor of Norse Myths and Legends
Head of HOL Tolkien Society || Wizarding Times Staff Member || HOL Book Club

Ceri McHawk
No broom

Postby Ceri McHawk » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:46 pm

For my not good luck sad.gif the extended SOundtrack will nto be sold in Argentina, so if you want to have it, you better ask a foreign friend if sometime visits you to bring it and you send he/she the money...

Worse! Here only The Fellowship movie came in extended version, the other two did not and won't...
*crying me*

BUT not all are dark clouds wink.gif while I was in Mexico I bought the Extended collectibe of FOTR (why didn't I get then the other two????)

Venefica vom Lehn
Oakshaft 79

Postby Venefica vom Lehn » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:05 pm

Okay, did not want to open another topic for this, but I am curious...

Has any of you ever been to one of the LotR-symphonies?
I myself am rather lucky. I was there last summer when it was in the North of Germany (I travelled quite a distance for it, but it definetely was worth it!), and this year it comes again to Germany, and really really close this time, so of course I'm going again...
Just curious if anybody else has been or will go...

Ceri McHawk
No broom

Postby Ceri McHawk » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:03 pm

dry.gif Now I've found another reason for not being happy living so far from the first world tongue.gif

Vene: can you share all the info you've got? There's a very close friend of mine in Munich (lives there) and I know she'll be happy of having this info (just talked and I know she doesn't heard about this...)

*leaves to her room sighing thinking why I can't be there?... why????*

Venefica vom Lehn
Oakshaft 79

Postby Venefica vom Lehn » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:52 pm

Sure I can! smile.gif

It takes place Sunday, 18th of May, in the "Kölnarena", which is in Cologne. wink.gif It starts at 6 p.m., and the cheapest tickets are 25 Euros...
I'll just send you a link you can send your friend, which has even more information.

Ceri McHawk
No broom

Postby Ceri McHawk » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:11 pm

Thank you Vene!!!! helpful as always....

Eliza Ithil
Moontrimmer

Postby Eliza Ithil » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:38 pm

I hope I'm not barging in on conversation, but I've been hinting at my parents for ages to take me. They run it in Canada, though it has never come down so far *sighs heavily* If I could see it, it would ten years' worth of birthday presents.
PS Ceri, what do you mean "first world"? A first world country? I still don't understand that system, is there technically a second world? Oh, I'm so confused, I'd love to learn more. You're from South America, right?
And Vene, this is a sincere question, how long does it take to travel from the north of Germany to the south? When I was England, it took us like three hours; it takes seven to go across my state (I really don't mean for that to sound, um, snobby or something)
United States

Venefica vom Lehn
Oakshaft 79

Postby Venefica vom Lehn » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:00 pm

I'm crossing my fingers for you that your parents will one day soon understand your hints and take you, Eliza! It's just such a great experience - tell them from me, will you? biggrin.gif

Well, I myself have always asked me if there was a Second World as well...

If you go pretty straight from the northernmost bit to the most southern part of Germany, it's about 950 km, so it'd probably take you around 10 hours (if you could use the motorway all the time, without traffic jams or anything, just driving) ...

Eliza Ithil
Moontrimmer

Postby Eliza Ithil » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:44 am

(Ok, so that's just less than 600 miles; it's much further than I thought. You'd think I'd know that because I have been to Germany, but we always remain around Frankfurt or travel into Austria. The Autobahn is the coolest road in the world! Just thought I'd share.)
United States

Venefica vom Lehn
Oakshaft 79

Postby Venefica vom Lehn » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:12 am

I just saw a trailer for it and now I'm curious...
Have you heard about the LotR-musical currently being staged in Toronto? (Anyone seen it, by chance? tongue.gif )

I was a bit confused when watching the trailer/ preview-thingy. Some of the costumes look very much like the film-costumes we all know from PJ's adapation, but then there were different actors in them. But I guess what confused me most was that the Frodo wasn't Elijah Wood and wasn't a girl either. I'm so used to the two RingCon-Frodos now... *coughs*

But anyway, what do you think about the musical?

Ceri McHawk
No broom

Postby Ceri McHawk » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:28 pm

Venefica vom Lehn wrote:I just saw a trailer for it and now I'm curious...
Have you heard about the LotR-musical currently being staged in Toronto? (Anyone seen it, by chance?  tongue.gif )

I was a bit confused when watching the trailer/ preview-thingy. Some of the costumes look very much like the film-costumes we all know from PJ's adapation, but then there were different actors in them. But I guess what confused me most was that the Frodo wasn't Elijah Wood and wasn't a girl either. I'm so used to the two RingCon-Frodos now... *coughs*

But anyway, what do you think about the musical?

I heard about the musical you're talking about Vene. And a friend who lives there saw it: according to her is really nice, taking into account it's an adaptation of the books (so the same that happens with the movies) meaning with this that many things had been left aside, but holds the spirit of our Sir's writing...

By the other hand, critics (specialized in theater ones) were nto so good when reviewing it.
I definitely stick to my friend's opinion but would love to listen more if anyone can give us any further detail.

Return to “HOL Tolkien Society”