Everything Related To Lotr And Music

Everything J.R.R. Tolkien
Eliza Ithil
Moontrimmer

Postby Eliza Ithil » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:47 pm

I've heard of it as well, seeing as I live close to Canada (well, not really close, but closer), but I immediatly said "you gotta be kiddin' me". I just can't see how they can possibly put orcs on stage without it looking downright comical. And if they made it a comedy, I would boo them at the top of my lungs! I would like to hear more people's opinion.
Thanks to Jacenta, owner of Sig N Av Palace, for this amazing signature and av!
Wand: 8 3/4 inches, willow, griffin tail feather
United States

Venefica vom Lehn
Oakshaft 79

Postby Venefica vom Lehn » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:17 pm

Well, from what I could see in the trailers (if anyone wants the links, pm me *grins*), the Orcs looked similar to the Orcs in PJs films, in my opinion they managed to make them look not ridiculous...

Ceri, what did your friend say about the music? Did she like it?
Maybe life is like rain. Alive if you let it be; lousy and depressing if you don't.
Taken from 50% Chance of Lightning by Cristina Salat.

~ venefica vom Lehn ~ Staff-member of the HOLTolkienSociety ~ Hufflepuff Seventh Year ~

Nothing has [color=orange]ever felt so right and natural and true and good.[/color]
Taken from Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden.

Ceri McHawk
No broom

Postby Ceri McHawk » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:15 pm

Venefica vom Lehn wrote:Ceri, what did your friend say about the music? Did she like it?

She said was just fine, for her was the only thing that could had been done better (but because she is convinced that in the Tolkien's Society she belongs to there are much better pieces may a little of fanatics is included in her view rolleyes.gif )

I'll look for the trailer & to check if she dares to give me a written review to post here with the correspondent credit.

Venefica vom Lehn
Oakshaft 79

Postby Venefica vom Lehn » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:39 pm

The LotR-symphony in Cologne was last weekend - it was wonderful again! This time even better than in Neumünster, because there were so many people in costumes - that always creates such a wonderful feeling!

I read some news about the musical today. Well, not really news, more like a review. If anyone wants to have the link, feel free to pm me. smile.gif (The main article is in German, but there are some pictures and three statements in English.)

And a new question - anyone here ever heard of the Tolkien Ensemble?
Maybe life is like rain. Alive if you let it be; lousy and depressing if you don't.

~ venefica vom Lehn ~ Staff-member of the HOLTolkienSociety ~ Hufflepuff Seventh Year ~

Nothing has [color=orange]ever felt so right and natural and true and good.[/color]

Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Rachel Selenia » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:22 pm

The Tolkien Ensemble? Oh yes, I've heard of them!!! biggrin.gif I would really like to get hold of their CDs sad.gif
Rachel Selenia || pr_rch || Hufflepuff || Professor of Norse Myths and Legends
Head of HOL Tolkien Society || Wizarding Times Staff Member || HOL Book Club

Venefica vom Lehn
Oakshaft 79

Postby Venefica vom Lehn » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:04 pm

A few months (?) ago they (the Tolkien Ensemble) released a box with I think three or four CDs with all poems from LotR made into songs.
I'm still thinking about buying it, but I've already got their first three CDs, and thus I have nearly all songs - but not all... (The Oliphaunt's missing, for example.) wink.gif
I really like their interpretations of most songs. Some of them are just brilliant, I think!
(They sell them via the German amazon, I think, so maybe you could try something...? I know that here in Germany you can get UK imports at least. *not sure*)

Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Rachel Selenia » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:28 pm

Yes, I saw that the 4-CD box is sold here in Sweden too, but it's so expensive. sad.gif
Rachel Selenia || pr_rch || Hufflepuff || Professor of Norse Myths and Legends
Head of HOL Tolkien Society || Wizarding Times Staff Member || HOL Book Club

Lenore Spiaggi
No broom

Postby Lenore Spiaggi » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:12 pm

I found At Dawn in Rivendell in my local record shop quite by chance, and pounced on it. Then I got to searching for the other three. Zilch. I couldn't even find them on Amazon! mad.gif
"They say you are a witch." "They lie; I am a cunning woman."

Venefica vom Lehn
Oakshaft 79

Postby Venefica vom Lehn » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:33 pm

Lenore Spiaggi wrote:
QUOTE (Lenore Spiaggi @ Oct 6 2006, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found At Dawn in Rivendell in my local record shop quite by chance, and pounced on it. Then I got to searching for the other three. Zilch. I couldn't even find them on Amazon! mad.gif

I know that they are definetely selling them via the German amazon, and I think you can get them on the Brittish amazon as well. Where did you look?

Lenore Spiaggi
No broom

Postby Lenore Spiaggi » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:02 am

Right... The Tolkien Ensemble's Complete Songs and Poems (4 disc boxed set) is going on Amazon.com for 67 bucks and some change... Get them while they last!
"They say you are a witch." "They lie; I am a cunning woman."

Return to “HOL Tolkien Society”