Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:28 pm

Yep right on. ! smile.gif Your turn!
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:06 pm

(((((I just asked vene, in a PM, if we could put book quotes in this game, or perhaps start another one, using book quotes. Just wanted folks to know that I hadn't forgotten! biggrin.gif)))))
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent.
Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Eliza Ithil
Moontrimmer

Postby Eliza Ithil » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:36 am

((Sounds good, Tarma))

Ok, let's see...

"We're not in decent places"
Thanks to Jacenta, owner of Sig N Av Palace, for this amazing signature and av!
Wand: 8 3/4 inches, willow, griffin tail feather
United States

Venefica vom Lehn
Oakshaft 79

Postby Venefica vom Lehn » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:26 pm

I know that it's the answer to Sam saying something about that it'd be time for a meal in decent places... But who said it? *thinks*
Well, I'm not sure, but I'll go for Gollum.

[ANNOUNCEMENT]
Okay folks, we are now on historical page 30 of this topic! I think that makes it about time to close this one... This quote here will be the last one, and when the correct answer's found, I'll close it.
Thanks to everyone who participated - none of us would have thought it'd be this successful! tongue.gif
For the time being, we are continuing with the book-quote-game - same rules, only difference being that you have to stick to the books!
I think that we might afterwards have another round of the film-quote-game - but both at the same time would be a bit much. You still have to consider that we are using the normal HOL webspace here, and the HOLTS has grown to be the fourth-biggest sub-forum already!
I know that at the beginning of this thread we promised Silmarils for everyone who participated, but I have to admit that we lost track rather early on, and that I really don't have the time to do that now - go through all the pages, check who gave which answer, count them all... I'm truly sorry for that. If, however, one of you would want to help (and maybe we could also make a list with all the quotes used, so we could put it up somewhere, as a remembrance, so to say), I'd be glad to receive a pm from you, and then we can see what we can do together.

vene
Maybe life is like rain. Alive if you let it be; lousy and depressing if you don't.
Taken from 50% Chance of Lightning by Cristina Salat.

~ venefica vom Lehn ~ Staff-member of the HOLTolkienSociety ~ Hufflepuff Seventh Year ~

Nothing has [color=orange]ever felt so right and natural and true and good.[/color]
Taken from Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden.

Eliza Ithil
Moontrimmer

Postby Eliza Ithil » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:48 am

Aww
Ok, Vene, you can close it because you're correct.
Concerning the Silmarils: Obviously, I would love to get some, so I was wondering if we could split up the pages. Divide it into three ten-page projects. I'll do 1-10 as soon as you give the word.
Also, question about the book quotes. Does that include the Hobbit and the Silmarillion? In which case, I think we should require the writer to specify which one. Otherwise, it'll be impossible! smile.gif
El
Last edited by Eliza Ithil on Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Jacenta, owner of Sig N Av Palace, for this amazing signature and av!
Wand: 8 3/4 inches, willow, griffin tail feather
United States

Venefica vom Lehn
Oakshaft 79

Postby Venefica vom Lehn » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:06 pm

I just received a pm from the wonderful Níniel - she already sent me a list with all the quotes and everyone who answered correctly! That now does enable me to count how often everyone answered correctly, and then I'll award the Silmarils as soon as possible! (Might well take until the weekend, though.)

[But thank you very much for offering your help anyway, Eliza! *hugs*]

Okay, I hereby declare this topic to be closed... And I'll post the rules in the other thread and everything.

Thank you, everyone, for everything you do that keeps HOLTS alive and kicking! biggrin.gif

vene
Maybe life is like rain. Alive if you let it be; lousy and depressing if you don't.
Taken from 50% Chance of Lightning by Cristina Salat.

~ venefica vom Lehn ~ Staff-member of the HOLTolkienSociety ~ Hufflepuff Seventh Year ~

Nothing has [color=orange]ever felt so right and natural and true and good.[/color]
Taken from Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden.

Return to “HOL Tolkien Society”