Who Is Your Fav. Lotr Character?

Everything J.R.R. Tolkien
Kelvin Lenorte
No broom

Postby Kelvin Lenorte » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:28 pm

Well mine is Galadriel...
I mean... she has some awesome elvish powers...
[censored by McNish]...
Last edited by Kelvin Lenorte on Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keys me, v-neat the milkee twalay, leeeep me, al-out the moonlit floor, leaf you open hand, strike entebend and make d parflays dance, sylvermousse is barkley, so keys me

- an aussie-filipino dancer
who is she? SECRET!!!

Lenore Spiaggi
No broom

Postby Lenore Spiaggi » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:41 pm

Since I could only vote for one, I went for Gandalf. I like wizards in general, and this particular one packs some serious punch! But I also love Galadriel, Elrond and Legolas. Yeah, I do squint towards the West... so sue me tongue.gif
"They say you are a witch." "They lie; I am a cunning woman."

Ninim Eigren
No broom

Postby Ninim Eigren » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:53 pm

My own favorite from the beginning till the end is Haldir. I love his strenght and how he guards Lorien.
His ''I try to be hard like a guard but i have feelings and a soft core inside'' he goes.
his elvish lightning charm *dreamy sigh*

Sandy Forks
No broom

Postby Sandy Forks » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:23 pm

Midori Hatake wrote:
QUOTE (Midori Hatake @ Aug 1 2005, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally like Elrond's twin boys. They are super mischevious. Its funny. Now if I could only remember their names....sleep.gif'

Elladan and Elrohir, if I'm not mistaken ... I'd have to check the Encyclopedia of Arda to make sure, though.
Sandy

"If I could reach the stars, I’d pull one down for you and
shine it on my heart so you could see the truth -- that this
love I have inside is everything, it seems." -- Eric Clapton

Emilor MacKinnon
No broom

Postby Emilor MacKinnon » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:16 pm

I picked Eowyn because I feel that if I were one of the characters in LotR, that is the one I can most identify with. Other than that, I can't pick one character over any other as my "favorite". They all seem so necessary!

Akil Thutmose
No broom

Postby Akil Thutmose » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:07 am

My vote is going to have to go with Gandalf, also known as Mithrandir.

He's the only mythological element that's in Lord of the Rings that's on the good side. He's basically an angel in Tolkien's legendarium. He was born with the creation of the universe. How can you beat that?

Plus, just his character. Wise, yet strong. Caring, yet still a kick-arse fighter with his staff and his sword.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
"Therefore I say: Eä! Let these things Be!" -Eru Iluvatar, The Ainulindale, The Silmarillion

Ronja Liek
Moontrimmer

Postby Ronja Liek » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:06 pm

I'll go for Merry ( and that is not because I love Lost, mind you!)
Apart from teh hairy feet, merry is one of the more handsome movie-characters, but even that is besides the point.

The point is he is smart, of all the gets things quicker that the other hobbits, and he was teh mastermind behind the figuring out what was wrong with Frodo-plot. He is a very good friend, both for Pippin and Frodo.
he sees the joy in life, but can also be serious, and he is far, far braver than Aragorn, or Legolas.. for he faces his fears.

Also.. he stands up for himself.

yep.. Merry is my favorite!
My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.

Karalin McKay
No broom

Postby Karalin McKay » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:50 am

Oh, my, this one was a hard choice. I voted for Eowyn as my overall favorite character, and I do like her in both the book and the movie. Maybe a little more in the movie. (I think Miranda Otto did an excellent job with the character.) She's a strong and independent female character who, as Gandalf points out in the Houses of Healing, was constrained to playing nursemaid out of love for Theoden while her courage and abilities went unused and unacknowledged. I love that she found a way to ride to Gondor and that she took Merry with her. She certainly didn't have to. And I think my crush is showing. wink.gif

Second place for favorite is a three-way tie between Pippin, Faramir, and Merry.

~Karalin
Wand: 9 inches from a pine tree, with a bobcat whisker core.

Mairead Falcourt
No broom

Postby Mairead Falcourt » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:03 pm

Mine is Aragorn. He is awesome, sulky and mysterious. I LOVE him as Strider <3
Last edited by Mairead Falcourt on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Who makes the world go round.
Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get over it!

Layla Wolf
No broom

Postby Layla Wolf » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:04 am

Hard. I so wish you could choose more than 1.
Genraly, I like the Elves. (I've got a bow which many of the ones in LOTR are based on and the elvin writing as a font on my computer smile.gif ). I also like Eowyn.
Does this include creatures of middle earth as well?
If so definatly Shadowfax and Brego (the horses). My mum knows a lady who went to new zealand and stayed at the same place as the horses were staying, and she didnt even go to see them ohmy.gif
Also aparently someone was trying to make the horse who played Bregor to do the trick to make him lie down so you could get on, an though they couldn't manage they accidently did it in a show laugh.gif

Valerie Whitney
No broom

Postby Valerie Whitney » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:34 am

This was really hard. I was leaning towards Aragorn but I had to choose Legolas. Maybe it was the movies that led me astray. wink.gif

Phlox Flammula
No broom

Postby Phlox Flammula » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:37 am

I think that I love Strider more than I can say (Or I guess it's Aragorn... but I ike the nickname Strider^^)

Jessica Bobb
No broom

Postby Jessica Bobb » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:24 pm

My vote is for Legolas. He is so sick! He has amazing senses and skills. He can do a little bit of everything with such precison and grace.

Arwen Wood
No broom

Postby Arwen Wood » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:32 am

Thats a fantastic question!!! Very hard question too! If I had to choose one.....I dunno......probably Gandalf. And also for some reason, I've always liked Boromir even though he is a *bit* evil at times.
Arwen Wood|ar418

When it's simply not your day and things get a little out of hand, as the invariably do from time to time, it's much more productive and far more healthier to just sit back and enjoy the absurdity of the moment.

Julian Charlie
No broom

Postby Julian Charlie » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:31 am

Oooh. Looks like I'm the first and only one to vote for Saruman. Sorry, but I loved him in the films and in the books. Even just reading that he was going to try and become a power made me very interested in hearing about him. I loved how at the very end of the series when the hobbits thought they'd gotten the better of him, he decided to scorch the entire shire killing hobbits and bringing Isengard to the Shire pretty much. Though in the end he was defeated mentally and physically, it was great to read about him and part of me pities him like Gandalf did.
Sig N av by Meh (Julian @ The Palace)

Corisa Bennet
No broom

Postby Corisa Bennet » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:03 am

I'd have to say Gandalf.
Then Merry and Pippin happy.gif
I also loved Tree-Beard, however he's not in the poll tongue.gif

Sig made by Jasmin at the Sig 'n' Av Palace
PM me for info.

Nerissa Allison
No broom

Postby Nerissa Allison » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:27 pm

It's got to be Aragorn and Frodo -- but then, I know I'm not alone there. Aragorn invariably takes first place, simply because he has a fantastic kingdom (I'd rather live in Gondor and in Minas Tirith than anywhere else in Middle-earth.) and a spirit of greatness. He is a natural leader, as well, but has faced a hard path in life. Almost everyone in Middle-earth knows him or knows of him, even if they don't know it, since he has many names: Estel, Aragorn, Thorongil, Elessar, Strider. I love Frodo, however, because he has a great heart and the hardest path in Middle-earth. He is self-sacrificing and courageous and persevering through all -- and on his journey, he never gives up the quest.

Hooray for Broadway!

Prof. Ignis Divine
No broom

Postby Prof. Ignis Divine » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:11 pm

I love Aragron cause he's so clever and the actor - Viggo Mortensen is the cutest of all ^^

Peter Aldridge
No broom

Postby Peter Aldridge » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:47 pm

Definitely Gandalf, the power to move the will of men.

Lucy Greyback
Oakshaft 79

Postby Lucy Greyback » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:50 pm

My favorite character has always been Eowyn. She is such an interesting character. And in the movie version, I want her long golden hair XD lol. But I really do like her : she is strong, independent and good hearted!
|4th Year||Student Teacher: Astrology 101 and Werewolves 101||Gryffindor.|

Return to “HOL Tolkien Society”