Who Is Your Fav. Lotr Character?

Everything J.R.R. Tolkien
Nina Cecka
No broom

Postby Nina Cecka » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:51 am

I have to say Arwen because....well I don't know why but I just like her! biggrin.gif I also like Legolas and Gimli because when they're together they're so funny!!

Before you critize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you critize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

Wand: 15 inches from a maple tree, with a dragon claw core

Pets: One cat named Starlene.

Charlotte Ashville
No broom

Postby Charlotte Ashville » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:55 am

hmm... i think i love legolas most... why?? because he's the most adorable elf of all.. and he's a good friend towards aragon... he never leaves aragon alone and he alwaya are there for them no matter what... Legolas is my prince..

thanks to Edison..

wand:7 3/4 inches from a sycamore tree, with a kraken beak core

Amanda Hensgen
No broom

Postby Amanda Hensgen » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:04 am

This one is extremely hard to choose from!

I love Gandalf because I always love the wise, knows-all wizard, he's extremely similar to Dumbledore and D. is my favorite HP character.

But I would have to say my two favorite are Frodo and Sam. Sam is ...i can't even describe his generosity, dedication, in words. He's compassionate, kind, and everything else beyond belief. Through everything he sticks by Frodo's side. Through the good, bad, and worse.

Frodo is probably my favorite though (that's who I voted for) because he bears the weight of the world on his shoulders. He is the only one who truly goes through the pain, suffering, and he lives with reminders of the ring for his whole life. He's just a wonderful character.

Silvio Dante
No broom

Postby Silvio Dante » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:52 am

I go for Pippen, he is hilarious, courageous and as the movie made out a really good singer biggrin.gif

Nettie Dumbledore
No broom

Postby Nettie Dumbledore » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:03 pm

From the films I like Legolas such a cool character. From the books I like Frodo.
Sig and Avi made by me.
"You only live once make the most of it"

Enya Jade
No broom

Postby Enya Jade » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:41 pm

I think Pippin is the cutest as far as being an adorable funny little troublemaker. I like how he and Merry are so humorous together. |
But all in all, Frodo is my absolute favorite. He changes the most of anyone I think throughout their whole journey. Sam becomes more dependent on himself, Merry and Pip grow up, Aragorn becomes king, and Gandalf finally takes his laundry to the cleaners!
But Frodo carries the most terrible of all things in Middle earth, and while he may not have gone through every struggle with grace, he still made it through. I think in a lot of ways he best represents the human race.

Ivory Logins
No broom

Postby Ivory Logins » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:40 pm

I guess my favorite character is Aaragon he's brave, loving, and he has that unlimited ambition, sure he has a lot on his mind but he also has a very orgnized mind specalized in war tactics.

Eliza Ithil
Moontrimmer

Postby Eliza Ithil » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:23 pm

It's hard choosing one favorite character because they're all amazing in their own right. But, Aragorn remains my pretend-hubby (hubby=husband if you don't know, but I am exagerating there). He is strong, yet compassionate, a healer, a friend.
Best example: Before he and the other Dunedain ride to the Road of the Dead, Eowyn pleads with him not to leave her behind, but he has no authority to take her; Tolkien writes that when he turned away no one but those closest could see the pain he bore. He is so sweet! *cries just thinking about it* Just kidding, I just still love Aragorn!
Last edited by Eliza Ithil on Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Jacenta, owner of Sig N Av Palace, for this amazing signature and av!
Wand: 8 3/4 inches, willow, griffin tail feather
United States

Elnariel Lasvereth
Oakshaft 79

Postby Elnariel Lasvereth » Tue May 09, 2006 6:17 pm

My favourite character is Legolas, has been from first word wub.gif (I read LotR about 14 years ago). He's so sweet and in the books he still has that somewhat naive innocence...*starts getting all dreamy*
But I also like Faramir; he's a really great character (I was sooooo happy when he and Eowyn got together...*dreamy sigh*).
And Pippin and Gimli are on my list as well. I really like Pip and I could slap Gandalf every time I read/hear him snapping at him!!!
"I write so I shan't fade away. In every writing, I leave a piece of me, a memory, an ideal, a feeling, something. I write as I live, spontaneously, chaotically. I write so I will remember one day and realize I wasn't dreaming. I write, because I'm still alive." -unknown

Sierra Dave
No broom

Postby Sierra Dave » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:53 am

Legolas, NO DOUBT!

I like him especially in Two Towers. His acting in front of the castle is amazing. Besides, I actually admire Orlando Bloom.
"I'll do what I need to do..."

^^^the one who is crazy about books, reading books, writing book, and hoping to be an author^^^

----------unBeLoVed----------

>>>>>tenth02nineteenninetynine<<<<<

Alexia Riaper
Silver Arrow

Postby Alexia Riaper » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:26 pm

I also have to say definitely Legolas. For an elf he's pretty good looking! But I think that my favourite parts are when Legolas and Gimli are competing against each other to see who has killed the most . . . people, orcs and anyother creature!

Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Postby Niniel Sanders » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:33 pm

I just realized I'd never poste in this thread, so I thought I should remedy that.
My favourite character is a bit tough, I love Elladan and Elrohir, play one of them in a RP actually, but Tolkien never said much about them, so it's pretty much what people put in them that makes their character. I love Faramir because he is so noble and acts so sweetly and is just such a wonderful character.
From the fellowship it has to be Aragorn and Legolas, I can't decide who. legolas has some huge advantages, he's an elf for once, which in my eyes is very good, but Aragorn certainly has his appealing sides too, I like the fact that he's a healer.
I also love Elrond, he's so wise and good and he's kept Imladris safe for millenia. He's a very good character, and of course the father of Elladan and Elrohir, and I see him as a very kind and good father, and fosterfather of Aragorn too. So all in all, I'm just trying to say I have several favourites.

Sayuri Arwen Snape
No broom

Postby Sayuri Arwen Snape » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:52 pm

Three guesses who my favorite character is, and that is being very generous. Lol.

Atrain Volecuz
Moontrimmer

Postby Atrain Volecuz » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:14 pm

I have too many. So personally im torn between, Aragorn, Merry, Sam, Gandalf, Eomer, and Faramir.

So many tongue.gif >.<
Atrain Volecuz
Ravenclaw, Second Year

Ryouko Palma
Silver Arrow

Postby Ryouko Palma » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:37 pm

I like Legolas for his bow, Arwen for her character, Aragon because I think I am most like him, but I voted for Gandalf because he's a wizard, he has a cool staff (which personally I like better then a wand ohmy.gif ) and evil fears him
Ryouko Palma
First Year
Ravenclaw

Petra Rachmanova
No broom

Postby Petra Rachmanova » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:16 pm

It has to be either Haldir, Boromir or Faramir. Heh. I don't know why, really, but I just really like them and their courage, strength, etc.

Guinevere Moon
No broom

Postby Guinevere Moon » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:12 am

My favorite character is Aragorn, though I've never read the books I guess I love him beacuse of the actor that is so so handsome. So maybe it is not a very accurate choice lols!!

Lorelia Chell
No broom

Postby Lorelia Chell » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:53 am

Well, choose only one character is too difficult, I love too much the Lord of the Ring for that!
So, I prefer Merry and Pippin (there are really funny), Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn, Faramir, Eowyn, Sam, Frodo, Eomer, Arwen... and many others! Thanks, Mr Tolkien for your imaginative book!
LiFe Is ThE mOsT wOnDeRfUl FaIrY tAlE...

Christy Joy
No broom

Postby Christy Joy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:19 am

I would have to say my fav. is sam! I don't think he is given enough credit! dry.gif without him frodo wouldn't have made it!

Isabella Kings
No broom

Postby Isabella Kings » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:34 am

I have many, but the ones that really stands out for me would be Legolas with his bow and arrow skills, Eowyn, because she's a brave girl with heaps and courage, but I voted for Samwise the Brave (Sam) who helped Frodo with his journey to destroy the ring smile.gif

Return to “HOL Tolkien Society”