Who Is Your Fav. Lotr Character?

Everything J.R.R. Tolkien
Kiri Galdor
No broom

Postby Kiri Galdor » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:04 am

For me it has always been Eomer.
He is a stong leader and a defender of his people.
He is also v. good looking. Yum!

Kiri
Last edited by Kiri Galdor on Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Made by the fabulous Annie

Bring me fun, bring me sunshine, bring me love....

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity -- Dorothy Parker

Penny Bilkus
No broom

Postby Penny Bilkus » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:21 pm

Aragorn :)

But Legolas is pretty cool too.

Paul Daniels
No broom

Postby Paul Daniels » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:38 am

I'm going to have to say that I like Sam the best. Can you imagine what kind of bond it would take for him to do all the things he did for Frodo, all the strength? I'm not sure I could have done it and I know that many of you guys would be with me on that, even if you might not admit it.

Lakeshire Birch Bloom
No broom

Postby Lakeshire Birch Bloom » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:32 am

I like Legolas more than other characters. I think he's really cool because he can walk on snow, and he can shoot really fast. Also I think he's very good looking.
Last edited by Lakeshire Birch Bloom on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

[color=#0000FF]You are who you want to be[/color]

Rose Alstien
No broom

Postby Rose Alstien » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:38 am

Aragorn:totally awesome, really brave, actor is really cute

Legolas:really good aim,brave, optomistic, I <3 Orlando Bloom

Eowyn:Strong, smart lady, who doesn't let guys tell her what to do

Gimli: always makes me laugh, especially in the movies

Faramir:reasonably good-looking, still strong even with dead brother & messed up dad

Arwen: I'm not quite sure why, but I like her

Galadriel: pretty much the same as Eowyn. I think they'd get along well if they ever met

I didn't vote, because I can't choose between these 7

Treebeard is cool to, wise, strong, brave, not given enough credit. He's not officially in the poll though.
How can you live if you're to afraid to die?

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Postby Prof. Zoki Phantom » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:32 pm

Legolas.

Because I love his optimism, his skills(he is just so agile/fast and has the best aim ever! xD), his look and his attitude.

Oskan Witchsson
No broom

Postby Oskan Witchsson » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:40 pm

Well my favourite has to be Sam Wise. He's so strong and stubborn for a Hobbit and he has absolute sheer willpower and determination, my best friend in real life is actually called Sam Wise too :lol:

I also like Gimli because of the parts where he makes me laugh, in book and film.

Olivia Marion
No broom

Postby Olivia Marion » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:53 am

Well....Pippin is my favorite hobbit, but Treebeard is my favorite character, and he isn't listed so I'm giving him an honorary vote.
Wise words spoken out of that ent. haha

Angel Elendili
No broom

Postby Angel Elendili » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:26 am

I've always been a Sam Fan. How can ya resist the loyalty in his heart? He's so my fav.
"Honor the Divine Within"
See ya when our paths meet with our wands waving!

Gertrudis Leheureux
No broom
Location: On my bike riding into Hogsmeade for a soda at Madame Puddifoot's and doing a little wizard sudo

Postby Gertrudis Leheureux » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:14 am

I voted for Sam. Everybody likes Legolas probably because they saw the movie and think he's hot. (Who wouldn't? Orlando Bloom and all that.) But. Legolas doesn't say like more than 10 words ever and has zero personality whereas Sam is rock solid, beyond brave, never shirks from a lost cause, doesn't know how to say "I quit", and can make a nutricious meal out of a cabbage leaf and an old boot. He's a loving husband, great dad and generous to a fault. He could have kept the box of dirt for his own garden but instead he tossed it into the air and gave it as a selfless gift to the entire Shire. What is not to like about this great guy!
...or wizards. (JRRTolkien)
Thanks to Efie of Sparkly Butterflies, Sparkleissa Ink, for the gorgeous signature.

Kylie Joel Lonerins
No broom

Postby Kylie Joel Lonerins » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:42 am

Well, my favorite lotr character actually were four hehe.. :lol:
Frodo, Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas
but i voted for frodo^^ i love that character mostly(he's so cute mean Elijah Wood played it so awesome!) :wub:
made by my bestie-honeybee Hellrot Beleuchten ! Yay! <333

Holly Muse
No broom

Postby Holly Muse » Fri May 29, 2009 6:53 pm

Aragorn most definitely. He was the hero of the books for me. Right from his entrance to his exit.
I'll admit I cried a lot when you last see him in the books.
It's been one of my favourite books since I was 8, so he's been my LOTR hero for 7 years :)

He's unbeatable. Starting as strider, when you don't know if he's the good guy or not. Then he's the king and you are equally as happy as the characters in the book were.

LOTR was a work of genius, no one can deny that.

Raven Sally
No broom

Postby Raven Sally » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:33 am

My Fav is Elrond, he is wise and a great leader! He is over 3,000 years old! :D
GO RAVENCLAWS!

Gabrielle Cadeaux
No broom

Postby Gabrielle Cadeaux » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:40 pm

Pippin is my favorite because he is just so gorgeous, heroic, and hilarious. I believe that he didn't get enough of a role in the LOTR but he has definitely been my fav the whole time. Aragorn is definitely the second though and then our lovely Legolas. Eowyn is my favorite woman character because she's so brave, duh. :)
Last edited by Gabrielle Cadeaux on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder and Proud Member of the D.A. Squad

Liana Murase
No broom

Postby Liana Murase » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:40 am

I like a few so I can't pick just one.

This is all based movie wise though I have read the books it has been a long long time.

I really like Frodo, Pippin and Faramir. Pippin is very funny but can sometimes lack a bit of common sense "must resist stupidity impulse" xD
Frodo is kinda like me in many ways so I felt a connection to him. Faramir you just feel kinda sorry for because of his life. I couldn't pick from these three so I didn't vote. XD

Perpetua Phoeinxfire
No broom

Postby Perpetua Phoeinxfire » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:49 am

My favorite character would definitely have to be Pippin. His character is awesome, he is totally the comic relief in the movies along with Merry, but Merry's character seems to still be somewhat more serious than him. Besides, I'm definitely in love with the actor, Billy Boyd, who plays Pippin because he is very cute in the LOTR movies. He especially rocks in the third movie when he is singing, I love that song on the soundtrack haha :-)

Casey Casewin
No broom

Postby Casey Casewin » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:15 pm

My favorite is Aragorn. In the books he is this unwanted Hero. He doesn't want to be the hero but he has to. I like how he is in a way fighting his own demons to see who he is as a person but at the same time doing it to save not only himself but others around him as well.

Liam Weasly
No broom

Postby Liam Weasly » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:48 pm

My favourite is definately Legolas, he is cool and funny.

Eana Niuhku
No broom

Postby Eana Niuhku » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:51 pm

The number one is definitely Sam - he was the one who got my crying at one point. He is one of the most true friends displayed in literature. Such loyalty makes him almost one of a kind.

But close behind comes Eowyn: the passion with which she wants to fight for her people and follow the man she loves. Her story is in a way poignant, yet has a happy ending.

Return to “HOL Tolkien Society”