SQL 2018 REF Sign-Up Post

Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

SQL 2018 REF Sign-Up Post

Post by Will Lestrange » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:38 pm

The Quaffle and Snitch matches this summer will not be able to happen without refs! The Quaffle matches will, of course, be on alternating Saturdays at 9 PM HOL (7/21, 8/4, and 8/18) but when the Snitch matches are scheduled, we'll look at referee availability as well as player availability.

If you are interested in reffing for SQL 2018, let us know what type of reffing you are interested in doing (Quaffle, Snitch, or both) and your time availability for reffing! (For Snitch, we're looking for something like "I can ref on most Wednesdays between 10 PM and 3 AM HOL".)
Zen McGregor
No broom

Re: SQL 2018 REF Sign-Up Post

Post by Zen McGregor » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Do you need to be an official ref? If not, I'd like to give it a try. I am very familiar with the rules and would be happy to try out for Quaffle ref. I am available pretty much any time except next Friday during the day. I am available in the Friday evening, though.

edit: Zen, your question is answered in here, as others might also be interested in the reply. Thank you for asking. :) - Tarma
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: .
Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Post by Maxim Trevelyan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:37 pm

Name: Maxim Trevelyan
Type: Both
Availability: Weekdays - 4pm to 10pm start time ; Weekends - noon to 11pm start time. Can be flexible.
Katelin Ross
Oakshaft 79

Post by Katelin Ross » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:51 pm

Name: Katelin Ross
Type: Snitch Ref
Availability- In July- Mondays and Wednesdays I am pretty flexible and can start a snitch game between 11am-8pm (PST). Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays 11am-2pm (PST). Saturdays and Sundays 1pm-8pm (PST). There will be dates where I won't be able too, so some of these times will vary depending on the day.
In August my time becomes less open as work begins again. My schedule will vary up until the 10th, and then after that my availability will be limited to the weekends.
Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

Post by Will Lestrange » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:44 am

Name: Will Lestrange
Type: Snitch Ref (I will be playing and captaining for Flanders during the Quaffle games)
Availability: varies but generally looks like the following
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays: games starting between 11:30 PM HOL and 5 AM HOL the next day
Fridays: games starting between 11:30 PM HOL and 6 AM HOL the next day
Saturdays: games starting between 5 PM HOL and 6 AM HOL the next day (except of course for the time around 9 PM HOL when broom games are going on in #quidditch)
Sundays: games starting between 5 PM HOL and 5 AM HOL the next day

in general, the later the better (and I'll be more likely to be available if I know at least a few days in advance... I've found that I have less time and energy on weekday evenings these days than I was expecting - e.g. today after returning to my place from shopping at around 2 AM HOL I proceeded to lie down for a 4 hour nap!)
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:46 am

I can ref either, but probably just Snitch.

On weekdays, 3 PM to 7 PM HOL time starts are generally okay.
Evenings after 9 PM EDT (except Tuesdays and Thursdays) are fine too.
Weekends are more unpredictable. Sundays are better, but I can be flexible if needed.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:38 am

Hooray for all who volunteered to Ref. Thank you!

When you ref a game, please be sure to read and follow the Ref Duties shown in here
Ref Duties
1) Remember to log your game and send in the log to QB ( quidditch @ hol.org.uk - without the spaces )
2) Remember to go to #refchan during the game
3) Snitch reffs -- please remember to make a screen cap of your grid that you use in the game, BEFORE the game and send in that grid when you send in the game log
4) Make sure that your log has time stamps. Hour/Minute is acceptable but Hour/Minute/Second is best.
Note: There is an expanded guide to Quidditch Reffs with reminders of all kinds in here.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Marcie Hobber
No broom

Post by Marcie Hobber » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:06 pm

I am able to ref the remaining two Quaffle matches if needed. I might also be able to ref snitch, but I have a variable work schedule, so I cant give exact availability.

Marcie :)
Signature and avatar by Ingvild Ogden.

Return to “SQL 2018”