QWC FAQ - and any questions you have

Moderator: Quidditch Board

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

QWC FAQ - and any questions you have

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:41 am

Do you have a question about QWC?

See if we've already answered it below. If not, write it below and one of us will answer. If it is something you don't want to post in here, send Cody or Arielle or Will or me a HOL PM with your question and we will answer it for you. If your question has a wider audience, we might post it in here, with the answer (but without saying who it came from unless it is Kendra or Kim or Kaitlyn or possibly Arianna when we will say it came from you in great big bold letters).

Question:
What is QWC?
Answer:
QWC stand for World Quidditch Cup. We are having an activity which celebrates bemoans the marvelous terrible win of Ireland over Bulgaria and we are reenacting it with hopes of a different outcome.

Question:
Do we have to show up for every Quaffle game if we are on a team?
Answer:
No.You show up at whatever game you can and want to. There might be some Team members who don't go to IRC but participate fully in the Forum puzzles and tasks, so earn points for their Team that way. There might be some Team members who show up each and every Saturday (or Sunday) for Quaffle but don't do any Forum stuff. There might be some who just want to be a Seeker. And there might be some who do a combination of any or all.

Question:
Can I still do the activities even if I cannot make the Quaffle or Snitch games?
Answer:
Yes! Sign up to be on a team and do as much as you can.

Question:
Can I wear pink bloomers while I play?
Answer:
No. Your bloomers must be either red or green.

Question:
What is the last date I can and be put on a team?
Answer:
Signups are open through August 6th for Quaffle and forum activity.

Question:
What is the last day I can sign up to play Snitch?
Answer:
The very last day you may sign up for Snitch is July 8th at 11:59pm HOL time.

Question:
Will participating in World Quidditch Cup gain me some Beans?
Answer:
Yes, definitely. The more activities you participate in, the more Beans you will accumulate.

Question:
Do I have to participate in a full Quaffle game or one of the fun games to earn Beans?
Answer:
If you are present for at least half of the time of the game or activity, you earn Beans for it.

Question:
What exactly IS this 'bludger dodgeball' anyway?
Answer:
See below. The instigators of the mini-games are describing them at the bottom of the page. All I can say about it is that the worst injury was a black eye and a broken Quaffle.

Question:
What time do the Quaffle games start?
Answer:
The Quaffle games (and mini-games) start at 9 pm HOL time on their respective dates.

Question:
What do you mean by mini-games? What are they? What are the rules?
Answer:
Mini-games are quaffle-based games held in #quidditch and take different shapes and have different rules. They do not necessarily require a knowledge of Harry Potter trivia in order to shine.
For more information, click here!

Question:
Do you have a time converter? I get confused when you say 9 pm HOL time. I live in Colorado and have no idea what time that is for me.
Answer:
This ... click here ... will tell you what the current time is in London, England (HOL time).

Question:
Can I participate in the Snitch tournament without joining a team?
Answer:
Yes but we'll put you on a team anyway -- against your will -- >_>

Question:
Are we following the same Trivia Answer Rules as are used for House games?
Answer:
Yes. If you need to refresh your memory for what they are, click this. For all of you who are new to Quidditch and Quaffle games, please be aware that you need to type your own answers in the game room. While it might be great that someone in the teamroom knows the answer, you may not copy/paste it from there (or any other location) into the game room.
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit: update for newbies -- to read the Trivia Answer rules
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Shiloh Adlar
Oakshaft 79

Re: QWC FAQ - and any questions you have

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:58 am

I have a very important question. This could be the most important question of all.

Can I wear pink bloomers? After all, pink is my favorite color and I am the HOL resident ballerina. Pink is a part of me. I MUST HAVE THEM!

So I am the exception...right???
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

Re: QWC FAQ - and any questions you have

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:00 am

Shiloh Adlar wrote:I have a very important question. This could be the most important question of all.

Can I wear pink bloomers? After all, pink is my favorite color and I am the HOL resident ballerina. Pink is a part of me. I MUST HAVE THEM!

So I am the exception...right???

*snort*

Nice try.

Nope. :lol:
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “HOL Quidditch World Cup”