SQL 2018 - Week 5 - Your World Cup Camp

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

SQL 2018 - Week 5 - Your World Cup Camp

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:52 pm

You've been here for a while during this very long game! Tell us, what is your camp like? Do you have a tarp like what Mundungus Fletcher had, many centuries after the first Quidditch World Cup? Or maybe you have a tent like Arthur Weasley had borrowed from Perkins. Does your camp reflect the customs of the people of your country (Flanders or Transylvania) or is it something you picked up from somewhere else? Do you like your camp or do you have definite ideas of something else if you ever do this again!

Post a picture of your camp (maximum 600 x 600 size) and then describe to us what we are seeing. (Yes, as always, stick figures are fine!) Of what material is the shelter made? (Do you even have a shelter?) What's inside? Do you have light or a way to cook food? Where are you keeping your clothes? On what are you sleeping?

You will need to have at least fifty words minimum, in addition to your graphic, to count for Team Points.

Have this posted within a week and earn 5 Team Points for your Team. If you post after that date, you will earn 3 Team Points. Please keep in mind that all activities are due by August 20th.

Note: If for accessibility reasons you can’t complete this task, please just let me know via HOL Forum PM and an alternative can be worked out.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

Re: SQL 2018 - Week 5 - Your World Cup Camp

Post by Will Lestrange » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:48 am

This is my ten-person fan tent for the Quidditch World Cup! I have borrowed a Muggle tent designed for what the Muggles called "glamping" and charmed it to match the Flemish color theme, with some extra paint in there to make it clear what team this tent supports. Inside the tent is an object that looks like a Muggle grill, but is charmed to produce your favorite food and drink on demand. Also there are fun little objects that flash different colors and make random exciting noises whenever Flanders scores! (Most people describe these noises as a cross between a vuvuzela and a foghorn.)
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:00 am

This is my family's tent. It has an undetectable extension charm on it with three main rooms and 8 blank rooms. The main rooms are the living room*, kitchen/dining area, and game room. The blank rooms are all set up with charms similar to the room of requirement! Also you need is to walk past the door while thinking about what you want in the room, and ta-da! Your own, unique room! We did set it up that once a room is filled, it stays that room until you cast "Evanesco" to vanish everything inside.

*Thanks to my family's connections in the Ministry, our living room has a fireplace on the Floo Network so we don't all have to travel to a campsite or back home with everything, only one person needs to do it, and we can get visitors all the time too!
Silas Hipolito Crist
No broom

Post by Silas Hipolito Crist » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:37 am

This is a tent from one big muggle carnival. One wizard got hands on it and changed it with many spells; so now it is much bigger and it is almost as a hall. It is protected from fire and some easier spells. It is also bigger than it looks from outside; our team has each their own room in there and there is also gym, a pool, and big dinning room. Oh, i forgot about kitchen and bathroom. We also need laundry that is quite small.
Our team is good at cooking so each day different person is doing lunch.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:14 pm

I absolutely love staying in Silas's huge tent! But sometimes I wish to retreat to my yurt. The cheering and partying going on in Transylvania sometimes gets a little loud and rampant and I want some quiet time! ^_^

My yurt is based on the yurts of Mongolia. Set on a wooden platform and thus insulated from the ground and wetness, it is of a waterproofed material and felted, so the cold is kept at bay. Inside I have a rudimentary kitchen area and an interior bathroom set up (with a bed on its 'roof') and a stove for heat. Cushions, rugs and bookshelves are abundant within the yurt. It's very comfortable and cozy -- yet large enough for folks to visit, too, without feeling crowded.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:57 pm

All the vampire bats that have come out to support Transylvania inspired me to try out a hanging tent! I found this sturdy tree to hang my tent from. The bats adjusted their normal sleep patterns to be awake during the matches, so now we all hang from the same tree when we go to sleep at night.

Inside the tent, there isn't much. I only brought one bag with an undetectable extension charm, of course. It contains all my clothing, pillows and blankets, and a few books. I plan to spend most of my time visiting other people and soaking up the World Cup atmosphere!
Alexander Brighton
Oakshaft 79

Post by Alexander Brighton » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:37 am

I can't wait to visit some of your tents, they all sound so cool. This tent is for me, my family, and friends. But anyone is welcomed, Fellow Transylvanian team members and fans alike who are looking for a place to stay or just to hang out. Similar to the Weasleys tent, this tent is a lot bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. When you first enter, you will enter the duelling room where you can challenge others to a friendly duel which is why the glowing is coming out of the door. Now this tent is meant to simulate the outdoors. It has a blue sky roof and when you turn the lights off, you can see glowing stars on the roof all through the tent. You might be able to see some planets too. There is one room after the duelling room, that is like a forest, it has trees that you can climb, swing, or hang a hammock on if you want to. It does have normal beds upstairs above the duelling room, so you can have a choice. The forest room is enchanted to look like it goes on for miles and miles. It might look like the outdoors, but you won't get the rain and snow and hail. There is also a fire place furnace if it gets cold. If you go outside the tent at night time, you might be able to see a comet go right over the tent and the different color smoke from the furnace coming out of the top of the tent which looks like an aurora. But don't worry, the smoke is enchanted to blow the other way so it won't blow into your face.
Notice the writing on the side of the tent "All the way". Transylvania all the way.
Ingvild Ogden
No broom

Post by Ingvild Ogden » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:05 am

This is my tent! Its in the transylvania color to show support for my team, and I also put my name on there for good measure. My tent is not bewitched nor charmed, my father brought me up to enjoy nature and simple camping. Therefore I only have a few items in my tent; a sleeping bag, an air mattress and some books to read in the evening after all the cheering for transylvanias wins are finished. Alright, the cooking and cleaning are done by magic, and also the cooling down of the tent in the mornings, but mostly its just me and nature. People are of course welcome to visit :)
Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Post by Maxim Trevelyan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:33 pm

My tent is not actually a tent at all, but rather just a sleeping bag on the ground under the sky. Granted, the bag is enchanted to be the most comfortable thing ever, and the space itself has a dome made of spells, like protection from bad weather, people who wish harm and other things that make it one of the most secure places to sleep. As a bonus, it also has a privacy spell, which makes it impossible for anyone not included in the wards to see or come inside without invitation, but from the inside out, you have the most beautiful view ever.
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:17 am

You may continue to post your World Cup Camps, but from now on, they are worth 3 Team Points.
Cody Lewis
Cleansweep One

Post by Cody Lewis » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:47 pm

The swaying of Scarlet's tent triggered my motion sickness, so I decided to bring my own. Here it is:

As you can see, mine is also bigger on the inside. Or smaller on the outside. I'm not sure. The previous owner once had a swimming pool installed, but that has since been replaced with a mini indoor Quidditch pitch, so I can warm up before matches.

Unfortunately, in my haste to make it to the World Cup (I got called up to the Transylvanian team halfway through), I forgot to bring food. Whoops. So for the past few weeks, I've just been scavenging from everyone else, mainly the Flanders team.
Faye Roderick
Oakshaft 79

Post by Faye Roderick » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Since apparently the Flanders team are always hungry all the time, we came up with a brilliant solution. We bought a food truck! Of course, this truck has been enchanted to create more space for the whole team inside, where there is a dining room with long tables to fit about a dozen of people, and beds stacked in a corner for us to sleep in. What's even greater is our BBQ grill is always on and ready to cook up anything you want to eat. We've created a room in the truck to keep our food supplies, from sausages to steak and even some lobsters! We think there is nothing better than to celebrate a win with a BBQ party all night long, yum!
"It's your choice, but I warn you not to underestimate my powers." ~ Luke Skywalker ~
FayethSeventh YearThe IRC JediLoyal Supporter of the Slytherin Quidditch Team

Return to “SQL 2018”