New Gorillaz album on June 29, 2018!

Music Discussions Go Here
Alexandra Steele
No broom

New Gorillaz album on June 29, 2018!

Post by Alexandra Steele » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:16 pm

The Gorillaz are releasing a new album at the end of the month, on June 29th! It's titled The Now Now, and I believe that so far they've released three new singles from it on YouTube and the like. If anyone keeps up with the stories of the fictional band members, their newest music video "Humility" includes a new band member. In case any of you want to see the video without having the surprise spoiled: Since Murdoc is currently in prison, they've brought in Ace from the Powerpuff Girls as the new bassist. I don't think we know yet if it's temporary until Murdoc is released, or if maybe it will become a group of five. I love when they expand the lore of the band, so I'm excited to see what this phase will look like. So far the album definitely has some summer vibes that I think are great!
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: New Gorillaz album on June 29, 2018!

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:04 am

I have actually never heard of this band before, but I took a watch 'and a listen' to the video for "Humility" and they have good lyrics. It is definitely a summer sound. I don't really understand the idea of a fictional band when it is definitely a real band, but then again, I don't know this 'lore' you mentioned either. It's a bit confusing, but I may take a listen to some of the other tracks later on when I have more time.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Return to “Music Talk”