What If...?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Shiloh Adlar

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

What If...?

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:02 pm

What if music was completely taken out of this world? We no longer were able to listen to it because it just disappeared. What would you do? How do you think you would react or cope to no longer having music around you? What do you think would change?

I think I would feel lost if music were removed. Although, because I had once known music, I could recall it in my head, but there would still be a certain sadness. It reminds me of the book The Giver where color is removed from the world and everyone is basically the same. This would just be music. Or even the book Soundless where sound is removed from the world. Those who remember it mourn for it, but those who are born into a world without it will never have the joy of experiencing it.

It would certainly make things more difficult. I listen to music to study. I dance to music. I listen to music when I'm feeling down or need a pick me up. I listen to music to write. There's a type of music for everything in my life. So I stick with my first, I would feel lost.

What about you? What if music no longer existed in our world? What would your reaction be?
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Gail Allen
Oakshaft 79

Re: What If...?

Postby Gail Allen » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:24 pm

I would feel extremely saddened. Music is in so many things I do, and a lot of my social interactions revolve around signing together and making music together. I would hate to lose it and I don't think I would ever really get over the loss of it.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Emanuel Hines
No broom

Postby Emanuel Hines » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Music gone? I really can´t imagine that. I mean, there is no one day when I would not hear any sound of music; even on the bus when driving there is a music. This is the thing that calm me, make me happier if needed and get me the possibility to get into my own world, where all worries disappear.
Music is really important part of our world and I can say that it is hard to imagine that it could be gone. Right now I am also listening to music :P

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:30 am

And you bring up a good point Emmanuel when you say music is an important part of our world. If we didn't have music, would that also mean that the birds wouldn't sing? That wind chimes wouldn't bring a pretty tune when the wind blows through them? Because the world is built off of some kind of music I think. The city is even a bustle of music if you listen closely. The night critters make songs, too. It is literally all around us. Music doesn't just have to be what we consider "music" as in instrumental tracks or songs with or without lyrics. The world would almost be without sound.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Vanessa Tilley
Oakshaft 79

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:15 pm

If there was no music in the world, I think the world would be a very sad place. Music plays such a big role in my life. I use music as a type of escape when things get hard. I have playlists for every emotion I am going through so when I am happy, sad, angry, or feeling lost, I put on my playlist to help me get through the day. I also believe that music helps get the creative side of my brain working especially classical and opera music. I can't imagine my life without music and I don't want to even try.

Return to “Music Talk”