Avril Lavigne

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Shiloh Adlar

Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Hailey Potter » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:17 am

Welll.... I think I have very critique-y things to say about. Not yay or nay. Just critiques....

I mean I liked her-ish when she first came out. It was very teenager-esque, and I was pre-teen, so that was cool. Ya know, the classics. "Sk8rboi", "Complicated", "I'm With You". But the issue is (for me and I know a few others) over the years her catalog has continued to be the same sound over and over and over again. I would like to hear a more mature sound out of her. I think she wouldn't get on my nerves if she did. And I know it's possible because she wrote Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway." Like you can't be stuck in high school forever, so why would you let your music stay in high school forever? It makes no sense to me. She would be taken more seriously if she'd put out singles that are more her age.

That being said, I'm not going to lie. I do think "Girlfriend" is catchy and I do really love that song. (maybe because I was a teenager when that song was released?)
And I'll have to say for me "When You're Gone" is probably the best of her songs.
I do like "Hot" from that album too. The lyrics to the verses are pretty good....
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride

Hope Campbell
No broom

Postby Hope Campbell » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:10 pm

She's not someone I listen to all the time but she does have some really good songs. I especially like "Underground (Alice)", "How does it feel" and "When You're Gone".
Hope Davis

"There is no frigate like a book, to take us lands away..." ~Emily Dickenson

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.â€￾ ~ C.S. Lewis

Return to “Music Talk”