Do You Play An Instrument?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Shiloh Adlar

Cynthia Downhill
No broom

Postby Cynthia Downhill » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Well, my main instrument is the flute. I've played it for 1 year now (doesn't seem much, but I've improved a lot) ^^
Recently, I started learning the clarinet too... and I plan to learn cello someday xD

Allegra Finn
No broom

Postby Allegra Finn » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:54 am

I currently play piano and oboe. I've been playing piano for a really long time, and oboe for three years. I used to play clarinet for three years, and guitar for one year. I also used to sing.
I would love to learn violin someday. Something about them just sounds pretty when you can play well.
Allegra Finn
Second Year Ravenclaw
al1188

St.John Aloisius Sloots
No broom

Postby St.John Aloisius Sloots » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:03 pm

My instrument would be the Great Highland Bagpipe, which I have played for some time now. I am lucky enough to have a "stand" turned circa 1920. I also play Native American Flute, though much, much quieter than my pipes, my flute is just as uplifting and fun to play, as well as a perfect counterbalance when I am in a more meditative mood.

Your servant,
St.John Aloisius Sloots

Laila Goldstein
No broom

Postby Laila Goldstein » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:50 pm

I played the clarinet for about 4.25 years then after marching band season my freshman year in high school I switched to trombone which I played for 3.75 years. Other than that I can play the piano and some other band instruments like trumpet, french horn, euphonium, and flute. Well... if I had a fingering chart I could. I also love to sing, I sung in a choir for 4 years and I plan on taking voice lessons one of these days. I also would love to learn how to play the guitar.

Delwyn Azile
No broom

Postby Delwyn Azile » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:00 am

I play the Guitar and have for quite a while but am a bit out of practice, and now have started playing the Bass and my Uncle made me one. I'm taking lessons for Bass and am really enjoying them. I really want to start learning Piano, one of my friends tried to teach me once but I think I would need proper lessons.
Last edited by Delwyn Azile on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Madison Grant
No broom

Postby Madison Grant » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:15 am

I can play the piano and the cello. I would love to learn a horn instrument, but I can't get my lips right. All I can get out is the horrible honking sound.

Sila Snape
No broom

Postby Sila Snape » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:31 pm

I've been playing classical guitar since many years. Nowadays, I am focusing into flamenco, have never thought it would be such a fun. I love Paco Pena's pieces.
"I don't know what kind of weapons will be used in the third world war, assuming there will be a third world war. But I can tell you what the fourth world war will be fought with - stone clubs."
Einstein

Ely Granger
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ely Granger » Mon May 24, 2010 9:35 pm

I play the flute
-------------- *Siggy by me* ------------------

Luis Colon
No broom

Postby Luis Colon » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:05 am

I play the piano, the guitar, and the flute! The piano is the one I most like, then the guitar and the least I like is the flute. I have made performances with all of those three instruments. I have participated in Talent Shows, Graduations, Cultural Nights, etc. I have performed in piano a lot of songs. Some I can mention are: Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Bella's Lullaby, Love Story, Black Keys, Lamento Borincano, Obsesion, Deck the Halls, The Meadow, etc. In guitar I have performed a lot of song too but not as much as in the piano but I can mention: Love Story, Teardrops On My Guitar, You Belong With Me, Noviembre Sin Ti, Que Lloro, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, So What, etc. In flute I have only performed just one song and it is Impossible Dream.

I' addicted to music and I spend most of the time in front of my piano playing piano and guitar! I really love music! Music = Life! :)

Trevor Williams
No broom

Postby Trevor Williams » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:25 am

I used to play the violin and was rather good at it. However, I stopped because I did not like my instructor and he made it not fun for me to play anymore, so I stopped. Then I moved and my new school doesn't have an orchestra, so I can't do it here anyway!

Shane Lee
No broom

Postby Shane Lee » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:23 am

i play drums. been baning away for 8yrs now started when i was 8 and im 16 now

Chandrika Sundari
No broom

Postby Chandrika Sundari » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:16 pm

I play Piano and violin, and I also know a little bit about playing recorder. I used to own all three instruments, but I had to sell my piano as it was too bulky to move around with very much. However, I still have a violin and a recorder.

Luis Colon
No broom

Postby Luis Colon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:27 pm

I play the piano and the guitar. I love them both. I have made a lot of performances in piano playing songs like: Aida March, Perfect, Love Story, The Star Spangled Banner, and a lot more. I have also made some guitar performances but not as much as piano performances. I play the piano since I was in 9th grade and now I'm on 11th. Most of my money have come from my piano or guitar performances. LOL

Chantal Forget
No broom

Postby Chantal Forget » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:23 am

I've been playing the piano for about 10 yrs now. I mostly play classical songs, but lately I've been into the beatles and have been trying to find some sheet music for them. Last year I also started playing the tenor saxophone. It's great fun. :lol:
I spend hours practicing my piano - it annoys my family greatly... but I love it ;)
Chantal Forget ~ ch1133 ~ 1st year Gryff

Ally Love
No broom

Postby Ally Love » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:45 pm

I use to play piano and keyboard, I still do play piano but only for fun :D . I also play steel pan/drum when they have them at school or when my family and I go on holiday (my cousin owns a set of steel pans). It's complusory in my school to learn guitar for a year, but I'm not very good.

Patrick James
No broom

Postby Patrick James » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:42 am

I play the guitar and halfly keyboard :lol: I have 2 acoustic guitars and 1 electric guitar and 1 keyboard :P

IM NOT JOKING!!!

Leanna Lovegood
No broom

Postby Leanna Lovegood » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:21 am

Piano and violin. I personally prefer violin, I just love the sound! Except I'm convinced my orchestra teacher is a Legilimens, she stares at us in this creepy way if we play a wrong note, she quoted out of my mind once or twice, and I saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix lying open on her desk.

Nikki Walker
No broom

Postby Nikki Walker » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:01 am

The only concrete instrument I play is guitar; been teaching myself how to play for about 5 years or so off and on. However, my main love in music is singing and will def be entering HOL Idol should it come back. :)
nikki walker

poet of the month in poetry for beginners!

year three || ni408 || slytherin ||589 pts || the gamer slyth || promising student

Maya Ravensdale
No broom

Postby Maya Ravensdale » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Piano and saxophone!

Return to “Music Talk”