Do You Play An Instrument?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Shiloh Adlar

Camila Kay
No broom

Postby Camila Kay » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:20 am

I can play a little piano, and my dad tried teaching me guitar, but my main instrument is the Saxophone. I can play any saxophone you throw at me.

Literally.

I started on the Alto, but my band director has me mainly on the Baritone, which weighs more than me. My favorite Sax to play is the Soprano, which look sort of like a golden Clarinet.
Thank you Ari for my wonderful siggie!

Trystanne McAndrews
No broom

Re: Do You Play An Instrument?

Postby Trystanne McAndrews » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:54 am

I play the flute and piccolo, and I want to learn to play the guitar.

Kendra Givens
No broom

Postby Kendra Givens » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:23 am

I play flute. I stopped for a long time after high school (6ish years?) and started playing again with the local community college band 3 years ago. I now realize I can't ever let it go, music is too powerful to give up. Some day, I would like to learn a reed instrument (sax?), brass instrument (trumpet, I guess), percussion (bells), and a string (currently own a violin, don't know how to play). Hooray for music people!
His name is Sir Floofington Puffpuff III

Hope Baker
No broom

Postby Hope Baker » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:45 am

I play the cornet which is basically a smaller version of a trumpet. I can also play the piano, and I am currently learning how to play the clarinet. It's very difficult so far.

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Postby Ariella McManus » Tue May 02, 2017 11:29 pm

I play the guitar.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”

Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Postby Aurelia West » Wed May 03, 2017 5:06 am

I own a clarinet, guitar, and violin that I know how to play fairly basic songs on, but I'd really like to buckle down and learn more when I have the time!

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm

I am able to play the piano and took lessons from the age of six. I don't play as much since I graduated high school, but I do have two keyboards now at my apartment that were gifted to me. I was also gifted three acoustic guitars and an electric guitar. I don't know how to play them very well yet, but I am teaching myself slowly. I thought that since I now suddenly have so many of them, it made sense to do so.

I would love to learn to play the violin. Stringed instruments have a beautiful sound, and I love watching them be played. I know I have always wanted to take lessons when I had the time, but I'm still not sure when that will be. I also have an old flute lying around here somewhere, not that I can play much on it either. As much as I love music, I tend to listen to it more than play it. I plan to change that. Learning to play an instrument and create music is much more emotionally powerful to me than listening.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Austin Ollivander Black
Oakshaft 79

Postby Austin Ollivander Black » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:45 pm

I used to play trumpet but have not in quite a long time. I play guitar somewhat but haven't played in like three years.
Image RQT 2017/18

Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Postby Marie Dark » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:05 pm

I had 4 years of Classical Guitar when I was younger. After I finished high school, I never touched another instrument after that. I Truly Admire everyone who has the Love and Discipline to play an instrument. I'm better at listening and quietly admiring from a distance. :rolleyes:

Austin Ollivander Black
Oakshaft 79

Re:

Postby Austin Ollivander Black » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:07 am

Loden Evercast wrote:I play bass and guitar.

Nice HIM lyrics.
Image RQT 2017/18

Austin Ollivander Black
Oakshaft 79

Postby Austin Ollivander Black » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:10 am

Hope Baker wrote:I play the cornet which is basically a smaller version of a trumpet. I can also play the piano, and I am currently learning how to play the clarinet. It's very difficult so far.

As did I yes a smaller trumpet but times in between trumpet and bugal. ;)
Image RQT 2017/18

Return to “Music Talk”