Remakes

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Sirius Fudge

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Remakes

Postby Ariella McManus » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:31 pm

It seems that the new trend in Hollywood is remakes. The one that comes to mind for me is the upcoming "IT" based on the novel by Stephen King. I'll give it a whirl, but to be honest, I'm expecting to be disappointed. Tim Curry WAS Pennywise, and I don't know that anyone else can top (or even come close) to his performance. What are some of your favourite/least favourite remakes?
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”

Maxim Trevelyan
Silver Arrow

Re: Remakes

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:47 pm

I do not actually mind them all that much, actually. Though I do not see the point in most of them anyway. I know people can be really mad about remakes, like Ghostbusters, though some are accepted, like The Jungle Book. I enjoy movies, I always give them a chance, before I judge them.

Though, and I know I am in the minority here, I did not quite like Beauty and the Beast with Emma Watson. Songs were nice, I liked the emphasis on humor, but CGI on objects was terrifying. It always distracted me from the story. Please, do not come after me with pitchforks! :lol:
Thank you Dario!

Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Re: Remakes

Postby Marie Dark » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:45 am

Ha ha ha ha Om my goodness, Maxim... I totally agree with you regarding the CGI in the Beauty and the Beast.... I watched as much as I could but I didn't finish it because of several reasons... but not what people think why... it's more of a movie that I watched with my daughter when she was 3 years old... (the animated one) and my daughter had to have "Belle's Dress and so the Grandparents (spoiling my child all the time) bought her the dress and she didn't take it off for like two weeks.... (mind you, I did wash it while she slept...lol) but all of the songs were the same and I just couldn't get myself to watch it with out her... She's 23 yrs old and her interests are other films that we spend together watching which I love... I don't care what we watch together so long as its together... but You are SO ABSOLUTELY CORRECT..... The CGI objects are a bit Creepy.... I thought maybe Animated Cartoons made it less Creepy and more innocent, and the CGI made it shockingly real.... and I would probably shoot a talking candle stick if it looked like that and asked me a question.... hahahahaha
And like you, I didn't care for the remake of Ghost Busters but I too enjoyed the remake of the "Jungle Book"... (love Christopher Walkin's voice as King Louie)
and Ariella, You're absolutely correct regarding Hollywood's remakes... My father and I discuss this a lot and we have come to the conclusion that Hollywood has JUST RUN OUT OF NEW IDEAS..... so to keep the bank roll of money rolling in they remake an oldie but goodie and Bam! Money to pay the bills....
Then again, we could be wrong... lol but Some Remakes are getting better and Some are Better Off just being Left Alone.... lol but I will watch it because my curiosity won't let me walk past it... hahahahahaha

Return to “Movie Talk”