Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Sirius Fudge

Polaris Black
Cleansweep One

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Postby Polaris Black » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:31 pm

The reviews are in and most people agree that Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is the best in-universe film since Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back.

Do you agree? Which is your favorite Star Wars movie and why?
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Prof. Amy Lupin
Cleansweep Two

Re: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Postby Prof. Amy Lupin » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:52 am

As a casual Star Wars fan, I had been in two minds about seeing Rogue One. I finally saw it yesterday, and it was absolutely amazing! I enjoyed every minute of it, and Rogue One is easily my favourite Star Wars movie. Definitely worth seeing (again)!

In a number of ways, I felt that this particular film had a more depth to it. I did feel that the film was lacking though in terms of some of the characters’ backstories. That aside, one of the things that really struck me was the sheer determination and sacrifice of the rebels. It was far more palpable than in some of the earlier films.

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:46 pm

I just saw it and I loved it! I had some questions, but overall, this felt more like a Star Wars movie than Ep. 1-3 and 7. I hope this is the point where it just keeps getting better and better!!

Side note, I hated the CGI Tarkin. He reminded me of the unnatural way of the Polar Express animation and it creeped me out! Surely there was a look-alike they could have hired? I thought Leia and Gold Leader's CGI were fine though.

Lavinia Rookwood
Oakshaft 79

Postby Lavinia Rookwood » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:24 am

Finally watched this a few months ago, so I can finally review it. (Still haven't seen Episode 7 though :( ) Don't know if I have to still do spoilers, but warning at least?

I actually really enjoyed it. Even the ending, which made me incredibly sad (and I don't neccessarily agree with it a hundred percent), I enjoyed. As someone said, it did feel like it had some really good depth. And all of the characters were enjoyable, which made it even harder at the ending. As for the cgi, it didn't bother me. I didn't really noticed it actually, beyond knowing that Peter Cushing was dead. But it didn't read 'fake' to me? So that was a yay.

In the end, I was kinda hoping for someone to survive, at least K-2SO, or someone! But I'm an eternal optimist, so that's not surprising.

Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Postby Marie Dark » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:17 pm

I enjoyed this installment to this Saga!!!! I will not compare it to the first one (A New Hope #4 made back in 1977) because the time difference..... Back in 1977 the special effects were different and for its time it was the best..... that is why George Lucas has updated and tweaked the movies over and over. The special effects Today with computer imaging has brought a whole new style of effects... so to compare movies with a 40 year gap is .... well??? Apples to Oranges really..... the story plots are still based as Bad guys vs. Good guys... or cowboys and indians.... but George Lucas has made it very clear from the beginning, that the ONLY Two Characters that will NOT change, will be R2-D2 & C3-PO..... So if Disney makes Lucas change this Original insight, then Star Wars Fans every where will be hunting a Mouse.... lol
With that said, I enjoyed Rogue One

Return to “Movie Talk”