Mockingjay Part 2

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Sirius Fudge

Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Mockingjay Part 2

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:49 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I almost forgot this was coming out until a couple weeks ago. It's been about 5 years since I read the books, but I still wanted to go see it.

I think overall, the excitement has just sort of worn off. I hardly remember the book at all, so I can't even compare it to that, and I thought it was a decent movie, but I can hardly think of anything to say about it haha.

I did feel like the ending was sort of...abrupt? I'm not really sure how to put it haha, it was like, it just sort of ended. I guess it stayed pretty true to the book, but I feel like we didn't really see what happened to Panem or anyone besides Katniss and Peeta.

Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Comet 180

Re: Mockingjay Part 2

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:33 am

I didn't watch Part 1 until the day or so before I went to see Part 2... My dad and my brother were shocked that I still hadn't watched Part 1 because I'm the one who made them read the books. Part 2 definitely went faster than Part 1.

There were some characters that I wish could've been developed more (Johanna and Tigris), but I know it is impossible to do that in a movie. Overall, I enjoyed Mockingjay Part 2 (or Hunger Games Part 3 Part 2 as Cody called it). Many of the deaths were just as sad as I had imagined they would be when I read the book.

Marie Dark
No broom

Re: Mockingjay Part 2

Postby Marie Dark » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:03 am

When I first read the book, I wasn't sure if I really wanted to read about a lottery of kids being killed just to entertain the rich and gluttony... But like my daughter encouraged me to read on, I got hooked and then the movies came out and I was pleased with the first one (of course, I tried not to tear it apart or compare it to the books) but the Mockingjay part 2 was a bit dissapointing with the rush through.... I do own them all now and I still love them movies and the books.

Return to “Movie Talk”