What book you have read would make a great movie?

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Sirius Fudge

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt

What book you have read would make a great movie?

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:22 am

Lots of these movies, of movies that we have watched, had their origins in books, comic strips and even songs!

What book have you read, which hasn't yet been discovered and/or made into a movie, which you think would make a great movie? (It's okay to mention it if the book was made into a television show or series.)

The book which brought this topic to mind is Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.

I'm just not very certain as to who could play the parts of Crowley (a demon) and Aziraphale (an angel).

No, take that back. I know EXACTLY who could play Crowley -- Robert Downey Junior. So who could play Aziraphale?

Hmmm.

So what book is a favorite of yours and you wish it would be made into a movie (as long as it was a GOOD movie -- well done)?

Who would you have starring in it, and in what roles?
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Elphias Knightley
No broom

Re: What book you have read would make a great movie?

Postby Elphias Knightley » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:03 pm

I'd have to say anything from the Skulduggery Pleasant series. They're very funny and spectacularly-well written; I'd say they'd make an excellent movie adaption.

Natasha Martin
No broom

Postby Natasha Martin » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:42 pm

When I first read the Inkheart series, I thought they would make awesome movies and then the one with Brendan Fraser came out and I was so disappointed, they could have done so much better. I hope one day someone does a remake, but better. :D It's also the same with Eragon, that could have been as epic as Harry, but they FAILED.

Trystanne McAndrews
No broom

Postby Trystanne McAndrews » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:57 am

A Moment In Time, by Bertice Small, would make an awesome movie. It's a historical romance/reincarnation book, but it would be so cool to see it come to life in a movie.

Austin Ollivander Black
Oakshaft 79

Postby Austin Ollivander Black » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:29 pm

I feel that Sabriel and the rest of the books in the series would make excellent movies with the way they combine magic,sword play, and fire arms.
Image RQT 2017/18

Return to “Movie Talk”