Which Disney Animated Film Is The Best?

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

Evangeline Force
No broom

Postby Evangeline Force » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:54 pm

I agree that the music for the Lion King was a cut above the rest, as for Belle and feisty girl power to be fair Mulan is the woman who risks death by dressing up as a man to save China and Meg from Hercules has a pretty kick arse attitude as well, I think as the time goes on we're slowly getting a few more independent women out of them butIi guess Belle was the one who kicked it all off..

Chandrika Sundari
No broom

Postby Chandrika Sundari » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:39 am

In reference to "what about Toy Story", technically that's Pixar not Disney (They started out as part of Lucasfilm, then Apple, then Disney as of 2006), plus it's not classic animation, but I agree it's awesome :D

I voted for Beauty and the Beast. :wub: It was a tie between that and The Lion King for me, but I ultimately like Beauty and the Beast slightly more. My other major favorites are Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, Mulan, and The Rescuers

The recent Princess and the Frog was pretty good as well, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming Rapunzel/Tangled too

Ianto Maddock
No broom

Postby Ianto Maddock » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:24 am

WAAALL-EEE! But that's not exactly classic, I suppose. Anyway, I voted for Beauty and the Beast because it's dark and romantic. Very gothic.

Lily Diggory
No broom

Postby Lily Diggory » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:12 pm

It's been years since I have watched them, but based on the plots of the different ones then the Lion King, in my opinion, is best.
Badger Pride! Hufflepuff to win the House Cup 2011!

Leanna Lovegood
No broom

Postby Leanna Lovegood » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:49 am

Lion King I guess...with Aladdin in a close second. But I prefer Pixar animation (especially Up and Finding Nemo!) to all of them, even if it isn't classic. I loved the Disney princesses when I was younger though.

Eleanor Larg
No broom

Postby Eleanor Larg » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:17 pm

Really hard to pick one >.>

But I go with Lion King. It's the first time I really watch over and oveer when I was a kid. Until now I'm in university. lol XD
It has great story, nice graphic for that time (actually I want Disney remake it in 3D), and of course fantastic music there!

Celeste Cordelia
No broom

Postby Celeste Cordelia » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:37 am

Being a Disney freak, it's so hard to pick one; they're all so good :rolleyes:

But I pick the Beauty and the Beast as it's my most favourite fairy tale :D

Nozomi Kisaragi
No broom

Postby Nozomi Kisaragi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:19 am

Aaaaahh, this was so hard! But I picked 101 Dalmations. OMG so cute. I like the scene in the beginning in the park where Roger and Anita first meet. And all the cute little puppies.. I think I know that movie by heart.
But I *adore* Mulan, Aladdin, Peter Pan, the old version of Alice and Wonderland, Hercules, & Hunchback of Notre Dame.
I used to watch Sleeping Beauty and Lion King nonstop when I was little!
I don't think I've ever seen Lady and the Tramp... what is wrong with me?
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Jem Reed
No broom

Postby Jem Reed » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:02 am

Mulan and Hercules are by far my favorites so they would get my votes if I had more than one. Since I only had one it went to Mulan.

Lavinia Rookwood
No broom

Postby Lavinia Rookwood » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Ahh, so many, my whole childhood right there in front of me! I ended up voting for The Lion King, because I have a really special memory for it, so in the last few years it become my favorite.

Some other close seconds, Pochantas (that was my favorite as a little girl), Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast,and Aladdin. Those are the movies that define my childhood in a sense, (excepts for Tiny Toons:Summer Vacation, I broke the tape watching that one).

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Postby Ariella McManus » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:23 pm

I like a lot of them, but had to vote for "Peter Pan".
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”

Stephanie Sparklethorn
No broom

Postby Stephanie Sparklethorn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:54 am

Mulan<3 I love that movie sooo much!

Monita Natanegara
No broom

Postby Monita Natanegara » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:34 pm

I picked Mulan and she's number two, wooow! She's just so cute and this movie is totally great. with the setting of Chinese kingdom, warm-but-not-so-lame drama (the fighting-for family thing and her ability of using sword), I think Mulan's just the best.
“Everything comes to an end. Be happy for what you have now for it will come to an end. And don't be too sad for any trouble you may face for it will come to an endâ€￾

Michelle Erickson
No broom

Postby Michelle Erickson » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:06 am

The Lion King
[size="5"][/size]"You could be a greater hero than you know. So be kind, do good, and change the world. Because you are capable of that.

The Doctor is Watching."

Lily Rose Wells
No broom

Postby Lily Rose Wells » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:23 am

I love all the disney princess movies. I think it is so sweet how there is always a perfect ending.

Shiloh Adlar
No broom

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:02 am

I have many favorite Disney movies, but I picked The Lion King for the purpose of this poll. A close second would probably be a more recent film with Pixar and Disney called Up, but it's tied closely with Aladdin.
Shiloh Adlar, Fifth Year, Ravenclaw RP, RQT
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Callysta Fairley
No broom

Re: Which Disney Animated Film Is The Best?

Postby Callysta Fairley » Mon May 23, 2016 9:38 am

I like all disney movies. But I like sleeping beauty among all of them:3
That's because i like the plot and the characters, especially prince philip:3 i like him so muchhh!!!

Return to “Movie Talk”