Fall Term Class Advertisements

Discussion About Classes and Projects at HOL

Moderators: Prof. Rorey Padfoot, Class Committee

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Fall Term Class Advertisements

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:25 am

Want to know what classes you should take this term? Craving some more information and what each of the classes have to offer?

You can find out in this thread!

This post will contain information regarding the classes the HOL professors and student teachers are hosting. If you want all of your class information in one go, this is the best place to look!

If you have more questions regarding a certain class, please contact the professor/student teacher. E-mailing your professors or student teachers to see if you can join their class MIGHT make them cranky, so try not to do that. XD

Class List

***Professors and Student Teachers ONLY to post in this thread, please****
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Arianna Stonewater
Silver Arrow

Re: Fall Term Class Advertisements

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:02 pm

February Fortescue
Oakshaft 79

Postby February Fortescue » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Once the class list has been officially posted, my classes tend to magically disappear, but I've been assured they'll be added back by sign-up time :D

I'm offering:

Astrology and Harry Potter - http://holastroharry.weebly.com/

This class is open to anyone, whether you know anything about Astrology, or even take it seriously. Rowling has given many of her characters birthdates, and I'm convinced she used Astrology to help her flesh out their personalities. This class also helps explain how Slytherin is associated with water. Everyone wants to know that, right? You can take the class a second time, but only if you select for your homework writing and creative options you didn't select the first time you took the class.

Monsters in Cinema - http://moviemonstershol.weebly.com/

This was originally a year long class, first offered by Prof. Miette Bynny and then by Prof. Daphne Marin-Booth. I've shortened it to one term, changed the homework (including adding puzzles), and added a Project in which you can compare Harry Potter characters to Monsters. Inferi are similar to Zombies, right?

The Marauders 101 - https://sites.google.com/site/themarauders101/

This wonderful class was last offered by Serenity Thomas in 2010, and I'm honored she's letting me take it over. I've made some changes, but not too many. Not only does each Marauder get his own lesson, but the homework is especially fun for those of you who enjoy puzzles. Extra Credit - Option Three - Interactive = puzzles, puzzles, puzzles :D
av and sig by talented Prof. Fumei Spookie

Prof. Rachel Selenia
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Rachel Selenia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:35 pm

Have you heard the story about Odin stealing the mead of poetry? Or the story about Thor fighting the boasting giant Hrungnir? Or maybe the story of how Loki ended up being bound until the end of the world? Did you know that there are actually nine worlds, and humans live in only one of them?

If you are interested in these stories and many more, you are welcome to take my full-year class Norse Myths and Legends!

We will study not only Odin, Thor and Loki, but also some of the other gods, goddesses and heroes of the Norse Mythology, such as Frey, Idun, Njord and Hel. Of course we'll also study the Creation Myth and the Myth of the End of the World (Ragnarok).

There will be five lessons and five assignments each term, with no projects and no exams.

(For those of you who have previously taken my class Norse Mythology, this class is different in that we will focus on myths/stories only in the lessons.)

I hope to see you in my classroom at the start of September!
Rachel Selenia || pr_rch || Hufflepuff || Professor of Norse Myths and Legends
Head of HOL Tolkien Society || Wizarding Times Staff Member || HOL Book Club

Return to “General Classes Discussion”