Class Assistant Want Ads, School Year 2014/2015

Discussion About Classes and Projects at HOL

Moderators: Prof. Rorey Padfoot, Class Committee

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Class Assistant Want Ads, School Year 2014/2015

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:33 pm

You MUST read THIS POST before continuing on... And like REALLY read it because it's updated with new information for this year!

Professors; do you have a class that you would like some help in? Students; have you ever wanted to help with a class to get the experience and knowledge of what it's like? Well here is your chance.
Since class applications have now be submitted, I was thinking maybe some Professors or Student Teachers would be in need of an assistant for their classes, but don't know who to ask. Here is a easy and hopefully simple way to find help for your class.

If you are a Professor or Student Teacher looking for a class assistant I, Rorey Padfoot, can help you sift through resumes. Prospective assistants will fill out an application and I will post it in this thread for you to view. Once you have decided on an assistant for your class please HOL Message me (not through the forum) and I will remove their name from the application list. You may contact the applicant yourself if you have questions or you would like to personally offer them the position, but I do ask that once they have accepted your offer, you let me know as well.

For those of you that would like to apply to be an assistant here is the plan, students who are looking for a class to assist will need to HOL Message me ([color=#FF0000]PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ON THE BOARD
) with the following application:

Class Assistant Application:

1. HOL Name:
2. Year:
3. Your Time Zone:
4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, etc.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY:
5. How many (if any) classes are you helping with currently?
6. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, etc.)
7. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties?
8. Are you comfortable with mIRC?
9. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you feel you would make an awesome class assistant.

Feel free to give me a color you would like your application to be. ;)

Remember you can jazz it up to make it your own, but all the questions need to be answered before your application will be posted. After you have filled the application out completely, I will review it and post it in this thread. I will be closing the thread after every post as to not create too much talking/spamming in it. It does need to be easy to read for your prospective employer you know? ;)

Now to help the process run a bit more smoothly there are prerequisites for the students who wish to send me their application.

* The student must not exceed helping in three (3) classes. I will be checking your file. :P
* Students must have completed AT LEAST one term (earned two quills) to be eligible to apply
* Student must realize not everyone will be chosen to be an assistant
* You can only teach classes and have no assistants and be an assistant yourself or teach and have assistants for your class, but not be an assistant for other classes.

I think that about does it. If you have any questions please feel free to HOL message me.
Happy Hunting![/color]
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:27 pm

Applications are now open for the Spring Term. Read the above post for directions... and follow them. :ph34r:

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:52 pm

1. HOL Name: Saffron Jenene
2. Year: Second
3. Your Time Zone: GMT -5
4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, etc.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY: Student
5. How many (if any) classes are you helping with currently? None
6. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, etc.) At least 5 hours per week, times vary.
7. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties? I'm not currently.
8. Are you comfortable with mIRC? I am overly so, but I would prefer not to use it.
9. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you feel you would make an awesome class assistant.
I've taught in real life and have some interests in starting up some classes on HOL (marking is no stranger to me). I'd love to get a little idea of what the workload is like, while helping to remove some of that work from someone else's shoulders. I'm really enjoying my time here and would love to get more involved. :)

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:54 pm

1. HOL Name: Ki1010
2. Year: First year (member since September 2014)
3. Your Time Zone: GMT+1
4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL: Student, Junior Prefect
5. How many classes are you helping with currently? None
6. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? I am checking HOL everyday on my way to school and in the evenings. Weekends I have time too.
7. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties? Junior Prefect and helping with Gryffindor den, HELF moderator for Gryffindor CR, member of Spice Squad
8. Are you comfortable with mIRC? I have been on there one or two times, I know how to get around, but don't use it very often.
9. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you feel you would make an awesome class assistant: In RL I am a Pharmacy student and am very thorough with homework and other things school related. I really like the HOL classes (took 5 already and earned 5 quills in my first term) and I would like to learn more about how to run them, so I can create and teach a class of my own one day. In my free time I like watching series and movies and I love crafting. HP related, I like Herbology, Divination, Potions and Spells. I would make a lovely class assistant, because I am very enthousiastic and comitted to HOL. I can be serious but know how to make fun too!

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:17 pm

1. HOL Name: Ashley Margaret

2. Year: 5th

3. Your Time Zone: EST (HOL/GMT -5)

4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, etc.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY: I was one of SQT’s co-captains for about two and a half years and then the SQT captain for a year and a half. This summer I was in charge of SQL with Kyrie. I was also a Slytherin Promising Student for both terms last year. I’m currently just a student.

5. How many (if any) classes are you helping with currently? None.

6. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, etc.) I have a ton of time! I work during the week (sometimes every day, but not always) from about 12:30 pm to 8:30 pm HOL time. My evenings and weekends are pretty much free besides a few hours here and there. I check HOL several times a day and sit around with nothing to do quite often in the evenings so therefore I have a bunch of time to spend helping out.

7. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties? I’m really only involved in Quidditch now (although definitely not as much as I have been in the past because I just bot and practice now), but other than that I just do all the HOLLERs puzzles every month because puzzles>

I'm an Aquarius. I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach and – wait, I’m not Dean Winchester, although I do enjoy sunsets and long walks on the beach too. (I’m totally not an Aquarius though.)
In my spare time I read, dance, solve math problems and logic puzzles, listen to music, and catch snitches. However, I would very much like to spend some of this free time helping with classes!
I’m a teacher in real life and am obsessive compulsive about organization, which I think definitely go in my favor for my argument that I’d be an awesome class assistant.
Please contact me if you need references regarding my awesomeness. :)

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:19 pm

1. HOL Name: Lamia Brickley
2. Year: 2
3. Your Time Zone: GMT + 1
4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, etc.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY: Student, Mini Prefect, Prefect, First Friend
5. How many (if any) classes are you helping with currently? none
6. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, etc.) most time on week ends, but also most of the evenings in the week
7. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties? Prefect
8. Are you comfortable with mIRC? I've used it, but since I have a new pc I only use it in the browser and not very often
Since I came to HOL, I loved it and still do. I really like the atmosphere and the activites. there are so many classes. I always take 5 per term and because these are awesome and the teachers sure have much to do I want to help ;)
About myself: I'm studying potions at the moment ;) and love to read and write and be with my friends and play computer games and do crafts and do sports.. there is barely something that I don't like to do or at least read or watch about :D

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:53 am

1. HOL Name: Will Lestrange
2. Year: 2 (but already have enough quills to move to year 3)
3. Your Time Zone: EST [HOL - 5] but will be EDT next month
4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, etc.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY: Student; also member of SQT (I have played every position)
5. How many (if any) classes are you helping with currently? 0
6. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, etc.) Up to 5 hours a week
7. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties? Quidditch (proud SQT member; I joined the team within a week of joining HOL in August 2013)
8. Are you comfortable with mIRC? Yes (I pretty much have to be for Quidditch ;) )

HOL: I am a proud Slytherin who has completed three terms at HOL so far, earning five quills each term with an average score of 298.8/300 points per class taken. I also won the Logical Leader award (from winning a logic puzzles contest my first term at HOL) and came in second in the Snitch tournament last summer in addition to my position on SQT. Also, I have been relatively active in both the dungeons and HOL at large (e.g. various activities and chats).

IRL: I am a pure mathematician by training; having earned a PhD in mathematics and, more recently, a masters in econometrics before moving to my current state for a job as an applied mathematician. Also, I have had plenty of teaching experience in real life: working as a graduate student counselor and later an instructor for a summer program for the top middle schoolers in mathematics... as well as serving as the primary instructor for three college courses.

Return to “General Classes Discussion”