Spring Term 2014 Class Advertisement Thread

Discussion About Classes and Projects at HOL

Moderators: Prof. Rorey Padfoot, Class Committee

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Want to know what classes you should take this term? Craving some more information and what each of the classes have to offer?

You can find out in this thread!

This post will contain information regarding the classes the HOL professors and student teachers are hosting. If you want all of your class information in one go, this is the best place to look!

If you have more questions regarding a certain class, please contact the professor/student teacher. E-mailing your professors or student teachers to see if you can join their class MIGHT make them cranky, so try not to do that. XD

***link will be posted once there is one***

***Professors and Student Teachers ONLY to post in this thread, please****
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Are you one of those people who say they just can't do maths?
Are you someone who could do with a maths refresher course?
Are you one of those crazy people who love everything to do with maths and just can't get enough of it?

If you answered yes to any of those questions then my class
Mathematics: Arithmancy the Muggle Way
may be the course for you.

The aim of the class is to build mathematical confidence and break out of the "can't do maths" cycle so it will be pretty relaxed in terms of points and quills. There will be a number of lessons available, with more added over time if requested, and you are welcome to do as many or as few as you want. Each lesson will have a homework worth 30 points, which focus' on the basics, and a 30 point extra credit where the questions require a little more thought. The extra credit is entirely optional and you can pass the course without attempting any of them! There is no project and no final exam.

If this sounds like something that might interest you make sure you have a good look around the website and the class forum.

PS. This class isn't actually anything to do with Arithmancy... I put it in the title to draw a few more people in... sneaky Slytherin!
Slytherin forever

Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Postby Maxwell Shadow » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:04 pm

Following on from the Autumn Term I am pleased to be able to bring you
Marvellous Musical Theatre - Act 2
(website)

Anyone is welcome to take this class which contains all new lessons, assignments, exam and project. You do not need to have taken MMT although you are welcome if you did! No previous musical knowledge or talent is assumed but you will have a chance to show off your amazing singing voice if you wish.

The musicals being covered this term are:
  • Oliver!
  • Jesus Christ Superstar
  • Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
  • Half A Sixpence
Oh and there are awards :D
~Max
Slytherin forever

Prof. Ryan Granger
Moontrimmer

Postby Prof. Ryan Granger » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:45 pm

Care of Magical Creatures
Adv. Care of Magical Creatures
Flying

Feel free to enjoy one (or more I guess) of these gifs.

Bam. Ryan out. Awkward.
YAY Fumei! I love it!
Ryan Granger||Ravenclaw||Ravenclaw Co-Head Prefect||Student Teacher||Library Deputy Head|

Ian Carson
No broom

Postby Ian Carson » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:14 pm

Do you like writing?

Then join my class! Writing Workshop: Short Stories!

In my class you will hone your writing and editing skills with extensive feedback on your writing assignments. By the end of the class, you will have made a nice short story that may even be publishable! I will put in the effort to make your story great if you're willing to put in the effort to do the course work. Also, the assignments are not mandatory, but the project parts are. Project parts are short writing assignments to help you get your creative juices flowing for your short story. I look forward to reading your work! :)

Visit our website here: Click Here

~Ian C. (Student Teacher)
Last edited by Ian Carson on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Postby Prof. Hailey Potter » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:17 pm

(Posting because I want this information out there)

Are you a new student who registered after class sign ups closed and would like to take a class? Not quite sure where to begin your HOL journey during the middle of a term?

HOL 101 is just the class for you!

I will not turn away any new student who wants to take this class. I will even work with you on extensions for current and past assignments.

If interested in taking HOL 101, please contact me, Hailey Potter, by HOL PM. I will then manually add you and contact you for assignment extensions.
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride

Return to “General Classes Discussion”