Class Assistant Want Ads!

Discussion About Classes and Projects at HOL

Moderators: Prof. Rorey Padfoot, Class Committee

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:46 am

Professors; do you have a class that you would like some help in? Students; have you ever wanted to help with a class to get the experience and knowledge of what it's like? Well here is your chance.
Since class sign ups will be starting soon and the class list is now available to look out, I was thinking maybe some Professors or Student Teachers would be in need of an assistant for their classes, but don't know who to ask. Here is a easy and hopefully simple way to find help for your class.

If you are a Professor or Student Teacher looking for a class assistant I, Rorey Padfoot, can help you sift through resumes. Prospective assistants will fill out an application and I will post it in this thread for you to view. Once you have decided on an assistant for you class please HOL Message me and I will remove their name from the application list. You may contact the applicant yourself if you have questions or you would like to personally offer them the position, but I do ask that once they have accepted you let me know as well.

For those of you that would like to apply to be an assistant here is the plan, students who are looking for a class to assist with need to HOL Message me (PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ON THE BOARD) with the following application:

Class Assistant Application:

1. HOL Name:
2. Year:
3. Your Time Zone:
4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, etc.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY:
5. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, etc.)
6. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties?
7. Are you comfortable with mIRC?
8. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you feel you would make an awesome class assistant.

Remember you can jazz it up to make it your own, but all the questions need to be answered before your application will be posted. After you have filled the application out completely, I will review it and post it in this thread. I will be closing the thread after every post as to not create too much talking/spamming in it. It does need to be easy to read for your prospective employer you know? ;)

Now to help the process run a bit more smoothly there are prerequisites for the students who wish to send me their application.

• The student must not exceed helping in three (3) classes. I will be checking your file. :P
  • Students must have completed AT LEAST one term (earned two quills) to be eligible to apply
  • Student must realize not everyone will be chosen to be an assistant

I think that about does it. If you have any questions please feel free to HOL message me.
Happy Hunting!

**This is an Head Office approved post**
Last edited by Prof. Rorey Padfoot on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:54 am

Adeliene Cromwell~ad834~Ravenclaw

1. HOL Name: Adeliene Cromwell

2. Year: 3rd year

3. Your Time Zone: ET- HOL -5

4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, ect.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY:
-Student
-Student Teacher
-Prefect
-Assistant to 3 classes in the past

5. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? My schedule is pretty sporadic. I tend to dedicate most of the weekend to HOL. Even when I am not exactly around a lot at some point during a day, I have email to my phone, so I am always contactable.

This summer I ran SQL, which involved setting up a seekers league. I tend to write for two of the papers- both the Alte and the SerpenTimes quite regularly. I also run the Ravenclaw Library (minus the webdesign part- I still fail at that.)

7. Are you comfortable with mIRC? I personally don't use mIRC as I have a mac, but I am pretty familiar with the IRC ways. :)

8. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you feel you would make an awesome class assistant.
I am consistent. I am dependable. I work hard no matter what's going on. I've been an assistant for the same Professor twice- two different classes. I've taught my own classes, so I understand the work put into them. :) I understand google sites and google pages and even some forums.
Last edited by Prof. Rorey Padfoot on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:56 am

Castora Grimsby~ca882~Gryffindor

1. Castora Grimsby
2. 3rd
3. PST
4. Head student, Prefect
5. I can help most weekday mornings, evenings and weekends.
6. I am a member of the PPC, and a Prefect for Gryffindor
7. Yes
8. I love taking classes, and I did assist in Lycanthropy last year, which was an awesome experience. I'd love to assist again and someday have a class of my own, but not yet. I'm also full of energy, and I adore grading stuff, so please help me fill that void. Thank you for your consideration! :)
Last edited by Prof. Rorey Padfoot on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:03 am

Lilly Stargazer~li525~Hufflepuff

1. HOL Name: Lilly Stargazer
2. Year: 6th
3. Your Time Zone: Pacific

4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, ect.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY:
I was once a Prefect, but due to my RL I had to resign (was finishing my Master's degree), I was Hufflepuff Quidditch Co-Captain for 2 years, and was recently promoted to Captain. I was a mIRC op for a few years also.

5. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, ect.)I have a few hours every evening to help out, afternoons on Saturdays.
6. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties? I'm Captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, and I'm part of the MOD Squad at our forum.

7. Are you comfortable with mIRC? Well, define comfortable? I know how to get on and use it, but I'm not completely knowledgeable about all the ins and outs. Luckily I have some wicked 'search' skills to find out what I need to know!

8. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you feel you would make an awesome class assistant. I'm a hard working badger who just achieved her 6, count them 6! O.W.L.S! I was a class assistant in my 5th year for 2 classes (same professor) and really enjoyed being able to help. I don't have the energy, or topic to run my own class, but it's fun to be able to help out!

Thank you for your consideration!
Lilly Stargazer
Last edited by Prof. Rorey Padfoot on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:10 am

Rorey Padfoot~ro646~Hufflepuff

1. HOL Name: Rorey Padfoot
2. Year: Fifth Year
3. Your Time Zone: EST
4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, ect.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY: Currently I am a Prefect, Head of the Arts Department, and a Student Teacher.
5. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, ect.) I am online most of the day between work and home.
6. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties? For Hufflepuff I am a Mod Squadder (Help Moderate the Sett), Co-Captain of the Cheerie-O's, a Badger Buddy, and the Coordinator for the Wizarding Times and I am a Spiffy. For HOL, besides what is mentioned above I am as a First Friend and I recently joined the Pen Pal Club.
7. Are you comfortable with mIRC? Comfortable in the fact I can use it, I'm not fancy our anything with it though.
8. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you feel you would make an awesome class assistant. It may seem like I have my hand in every cookie jar available and I am too busy to help with another class, but I enjoy HOL and love helping out where possible. I am really only looking to help out in one class, but would love the opportunity!
Last edited by Prof. Rorey Padfoot on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:12 am

Zoki Phantom~zo808~Soon to be Hufflepuff

1. HOL Name: Zoki Phantom
2. Year: 3rd
3. Your Time Zone: GMT +1 (aka HOL+1)
4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL: Student Teacher.

5. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class?
As I tend to spend A LOT of time on internet, especially HOL, I'm sure I can spare at least a few hours a day to help. I will probably have to lower my time online as school starts, but even then I'm sure I can spare at least 2 hours daily to help out.

I'm assistant and moderator for the Pen Pal Club, and I'm also leading certain activities there; I'm an adopter for the First Friend Project; I'm part of the Barcelona Bombers, the SQL team; I'm part of the HOL Book Club.

My activities/duties are kinda limited, as I don't have a house at the moment. That should change from Sunday though.

Definitely! mIRC is basically where I spend most of my time, and for me it's the most suitable way of contact.

RL-wise I'm from Macedonia (Europe), I'm 17 years old and I'm about to start my last year of High School. I also work at the city's Library during the school year.
HOL-wise, I'm about to start my third year. I think I was kinda lost in my first year so I didn't really got involved in stuff then, but last year that changed - I just like doing whatever activity there is. I have also Student Taught one term already, and assisted one class as well. But I did help out to certain people with their class although I wasn't their assistant. And since I just like helping and working on classes, I think I'll do a good job as a class assistant.
Last edited by Prof. Rorey Padfoot on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:06 pm

Sandra Bloomwicks~sa610~Ravenclaw

1. HOL Name: Sandra Bloomwicks
2. Year: 4th
3. Your Time Zone: PST (GMT -8)
06/07: Student Teacher - Arithmancy - The Magic of Numbers
05/06: Class Assistant to Prof. Paddy O'Brien in Computer Programming

5. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, ect.)

I can spend up to a few hours a day. I'm not really involved with anything in real life except for my job. Though I'm on IRC and doing other various HOL stuff while at my job, they don't really care.

Currently I don't have any HOL or house duties, so I could spend all any free HOL time on the class.

I'm logged onto IRC almost constantly, and will notice if someone says my name or something.

I took a break from HOL, but I missed it a lot, so I came back last semester and earned quills in all of the classes I took. I'm once again active, participating in activities, and will be dedicated completely to the class. I am smart in real life and I learn quickly. I have a college degree from a fairly good school in the US, so I can read, write, and 'rithmetic just fine, which would be good for editing lessons. Having taught a class, I have experience with how HOL classes work as well as the grading and point system. I can quickly type up files to enter a student's points in batch mode, because doing them all at once saves time. I am also organized and can use excel or whatever tool you would like to keep track of your students, etc. That's my pitch, I am smart and will be dedicated to the task at hand, and I would love to contribute more to HOL and meet new people in the process.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Joel Aireserkeiel~jo920~Gryffindor

1. HOL Name: Joel Aireserkeiel
2. Year: Second Year
3. Your Time Zone: GMT +8 (but technically 7 hours ahead of HOL time)
4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, ect.) Previously
prefect.

5. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? I have a relatively nice uni schedule this year, so I'll be available most of the time.
6. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties? GQT, Paw Print Writer/Layout Designer, Lion Cub's Pawtner
7. Are you comfortable with mIRC? Absolutely; like, what can we do without mIRC? :D
I've never assist a class before but i really would like to help. I can make graphics, and I'm comfortable with computers software and such (Excel worksheets, word document). I'll be available on IRC most of the time so you can reach me easily.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:12 pm

Eno Kule-en812-Gryffindor

1. HOL Name: Eno Kule

2. Year: 2nd

3. Your Time Zone: GMT+1

Student, Student Teacher

5. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, ect.)
Um, 5 days a week, evenings only
I am part of the HOL PPC, HOL Book Club, SQL, First Friend Project and Pawtner Project in Gryffindor.

7. Are you comfortable with mIRC? Yes, I am very comfortable with it :D . I am there most of the time.

Um, I am from Albania and I'm 20 years old. I study for Telecommunications in an
university in my country. I haven't been very active during the first term of my first year but since November 2008 I always wanted to take part in activities, help with classes, so.... be active. This term I am teaching 2 classes and I really want to assist in an other :)

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:15 pm

Morag McQueen~mo601~Ravenclaw

1. HOL Name: Morag McQueen
2. Year: 5th Year :)
3. Your Time Zone: HOL+1

Reserve Prefect (was a Prefect, stepped down though 'cause RL went mad, back to normal now though), Student Teacher, Class Assistant (to Aylarah Scale now, 1 Class, have assisted in various classes over the past... 2 years now?)

Definitely weekends, as I'm on HOL most of the time then, and will be when college starts up also, as for weekdays, I'm usually on a fair bit also, but will probably be restricted to evenings as of mid-september, 'cause I'll be commuting 2h/way to college :P

6. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties? The PPC (Assistant there), I'm an Adopter in the Ravenclaw in-House Adoption and help organize the First Friend Project, I'm taking part in SQL and write for various Newspapers sporadically and am trying to get the Hogs Herald up and running again.

I suppose one could say that, yes.

I'm familiar with forum-based classes, as well as actual websites, am willing to do grunt-work for the professor, i.e. clean up forums, help out with correcting homework and anything else that might need done, including spreadsheets if he or she wishes so. I'm usually quite good at getting things done when they need to be done, unless RL eats me alive, but that doesn't happen very often. Also, I'm friendly and cooperative and have some experience teaching my own classes :)

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:17 pm

India Jolly~in803~Slytherin

1. HOL Name: India Jolly
2. Year: Fourth
3. Your Time Zone: GMT+10
4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, ect.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY: Student, Promising Student and Prefect for the last two years.
5. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? Most of the weekend and several nights a week.
6. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties? Leader of the Slytherin Sneerleaders, SQT team member.
7. Are you comfortable with mIRC? Completely.
8. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you feel you would make an awesome class assistant. For the last year I have been class assistant for Prof Weasley's DADA and Advanced DADA classes. This required more work than usual for a class assistant, as Prof Weasley was unavailable for most of the second term, so I took control of all communications with students, marking assignments and awarding points and class awards. This has made me quite capable of taking on any demands I may face as class assistant.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:20 pm

Rachel Selenia~ra309~Hufflepuff

1. HOL Name: Rachel Selenia

2. Year: 5th

3. Your Time Zone: GMT +1 (HOL +1)

Student

I'm online several times each day, and usually more often in the weekends. Even though I'm not on HOL all that online time, I get a message to my web browser whenever I get an email, so I'm always contactable. I should have at least half an hour each evening or morning during the weeks, and at least 1-2 hours each day on weekends.

At the moment I'm only a staff member of the HOL Tolkien Society (which I plan to lift back on its feet again this year). I might try out for the Hufflepuff quidditch team, but I haven't decided on that yet.

I know the basics of how to use it. If I need to learn more about it, I look up the information about it wherever I can find it.

In rl I study at university (starting my third year now). I study media and communications, including web design and graphics design. So if any help of that kind is needed, I think I could give a hand! I took a break from HOL for two years because of personal stuff in rl, but I've realized just how much I miss this place, and now I've returned to stay! I'm hardworking (I got several awards for that already, and I've got 3 O.W.L.s graded either E or O), and I love to be involved and help people in every way that I can! I would like to be a class assistant, as I would like to get a taste of what it could be like to run a class. I would like to run my own class eventually, but at the moment I would be happy just to help someone else with theirs.

Thank you for your consideration!
Rachel Selenia

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:23 pm

Jenna Hathaway~je712~Ravenclaw

1. HOL Name: Jenna Hathaway

2. Year: Fifth

3. Your Time Zone: GMT+6

4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, ect.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY: Prefect, Editor of the Alte Sententiam, Ravenclaw Quidditch Team player, First Friend Project Manager, and I've assisted for two classes in the past. I was also an active staff member of the HOL PPC at some point, but I left the post after being made Prefect.

I usually spend at the very least 2-3 hours each day on the internet, but generally more. I happen to have a lot of time to spare because I'm on my last year of college and don't have many classes left. Hence me submerging myself in a lot of HOL activities.

Prefect for my house (modding our Common Room), editing for Alte, playing for RQT, managing First Friends, submitting stuff for various house newspapers and the library/art department.

7. Are you comfortable with mIRC? Yes. However, my timezone isn't the best in the way that I'm usually awake when most people are asleep and vice versa. I try to pop in now and then, though.

I'm hardworking, dedicated, and dependable. I won't leave you hanging no matter what because I'm someone who makes sure the work gets done and follows through til the end. You may also think I've already got too much on my plate, but believe me, I have never bitten more than I can chew. I managed everything just fine after years in HOL, and I'm also a points-addict, which means I'll be sure to do my work to get those points. ;)

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Cosmo Brown~co483~Hufflepuff

1. HOL Name: Cosmo Brown
2. Year: Seventh
3. Your Time Zone: GMT -0500 (aka Eastern Time)

4. Positions held, past and present, at HOL (ie. Student, Student Teacher, Prefect, Head Student, etc.) LIST ALL THAT APPLY:
--current positions: Headgirl; prefect; Quidditch co-captain and referee; nominally a class assistant for one, possibly two classes already (it's more about the technical end of things rather than more direct assisting); also a student (natch!).
--former positions: student teacher, head of the Art Department, graphics editor of the original Squibbler.

5. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? (ie. Days a week, mornings only, evenings only, weekends only, etc.)
As of right now, I don't have a lot of limitations to my time, so I could be available pretty much whenever.

Besides the aforementioned Quidditch, I'm also the "designer"/coder for the Wizarding Times, as well as the webmistress of the Hufflepuff site. Actually, pretty much anything technical to do with Hufflepuff, I've got my fingers somewhere in the vicinity. Over the last several years as one of HOL's headgirls, I've run the majority of Student Committee meetings. And, this summer, I'm once again a Summer Quidditch League official, with my specialty, as it were, being the stats and standings.

As a matter of fact, I am. I spend a lot of time on IRC, and mIRC is really helpful for that. If there's something I can't figure out (or remember) how to do, I google it or access the server's help files. Either way, it gets the job done, and I've learned something in the process.

About Cosmo (stolen from her profile): Besides HP, I am a fan of Lew Ayres, knitting, classic films, Lew Ayres, knitting, the books of L.M. Montgomery, Lew Ayres, knitting, Michael Bublé, Lew Ayres, and knitting. I also dabble a bit in web designy stuff. And knitting. And, uh, did I mention Lew Ayres? *cg*
Oh, and Lew Ayres, too.

Why Cosmo would be an awesome class assistant: I try not to overextend myself, HOLwise, and for the most part, I've succeeded. I know, generally, where my limits are. And, this year, a hands-on class assisting job is well within those limits. When the chips are down, or when others really depend on my doing my job, I'm there. I believe in deadlines, even if I stretch them on occasion. And, as this is my last proper year as a student, I'd really like to serve as a proper class assistant.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Kadina Tigano~ka825~Gryffindor

1. HOL Name: Kadina Tigano
2. Year: Going into 4th ^^
3. Your Time Zone: EST (HOL -5)
Gryffindor Prefect, co captain of Gryffindor Quidditch team, Gryffindor Book Club Leader
I'd be willing to help out during the evenings and weekends for a class. Hours vary due to my work schedule (retails. Gotta love it... (or not)). However, there would certainly be enough time to help assist at least one class.
I'm a special projects prefect for Gryffindor(Basically, we plan one month of activities and are free the rest of the year) and book club leader.
Very. I'm on constantly.
I may have procrastinates on my own work sometimes in the past, but if you're willing to take a chance, I'm making several life changes in order to be a better student in real life (where I study German) and here on HOL. I'm great at organizing and have basic HTML and webs knowledge, and I know my way around the ACP and forums. ^^ I've never been a class assistant before(at least not officially. XD) but I'm willing to try it for a term or two for sure.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:03 pm

Scarlet Leslie~sc406~Ravenclaw

1. HOL Name: Scarlet Leslie

2. Year: 7th Year

3. Your Time Zone: ET - HOL -5

-Student

I am always online on the weekends and checking my e-mail during the week is necessary for school.

I have not been involved in too many things outside of classes, but I plan to start working on that.

I have used mIRC, but I prefer other methods of communication.

I am a bit disappointed that I am in my 7th year and I haven't had time to get as involved in HOL as I would have liked. I hope to be able to be a class assistant, so I can see how much work it is. I would love to stay involved with HOL as a Professor because I loved all the classes I have taken. I am sure being a class assistant will help me with that goal.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Jenny Lupin~je360~Gryffindor

1. HOL Name: Jenny Lupin

2. Year: Post Grad (I'm so old XD)

3. Your Time Zone: CST (GMT -6)

Student, Prefect, Class Assistant [6 classes:
06/07 - Prof. Wylie Weasley's DADA; Prof. Ben Quaddler's Practical World Domination.
07/08 - Prof. Wylie Weasley's DADA and Advanced DADA. 08/09 - Prof. Missa Matz's HOL Quidditch and History of Magic.]

5. How much time do you have to spend helping out a class? Right now I am free all day. During the school year I will be available nearly every night and almost anytime on weekends (Because I couldn't live without my computer, haha). I know the amount of work that is required for assisting classes, and I will definitely have that amount of time to commit.

6. Outside of classes what else are you involved in at HOL/House Duties? I will be a den leader for Gryffindor this year, which involves leading a set of Lions in in-house competitions and getting students to be active. I am also one of the co-heads of the new Lion Cub Pawtner Project. I'm also a member of GQT and plan on doing some editing for the Paw Print this year.

7. Are you comfortable with mIRC? Yes, I'm on it all the time. :P

8. Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you feel you would make an awesome class assistant. I have recently rekindled my absolute adoration for HOL and I am giving this year my all. I want to help out wherever I can and would love to assist in another class. I have found it to be a really rewarding experience in the past, and would love to do it again.

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:10 pm

Tambaqui Balthazar~ta401~Slytherin

1. HOL Name: Tambaqui Balthazar
2. Year: 5th Year
3. Your Time Zone: Australian EST

5th Year
Former Promising Student
Former Professor and Student Teacher (Movie Study, HOL Quidditch (Missa now teaches this class), and Ghost: The Muggle Side)
Former Quidditch Captain
Former Class Assistants (Harry Potter Book Analysis to Prof. Nina Atlas, Animal Mythology to Prof. Angel Archer Elendili)

On a nightly basis after work and weekends. I am at work during the day and I am out with the dogs over the weekends competing in Dog Shows and Training for Obedience in preparation for Trials and Agility. So late afternoon after 4PM.

I have relinquished all my previous duties due to lack of commitments and time, but with no responsibilities this year, I intend to start afresh by just taking HOL Classes and enter contest. If any Professor or Student Teachers would love my help, I'd be happy to assist in anyway. I have website programming skills and good skills with forum! (Just ask those who have worked with me before, I am sure they could tell you the things I have done for them!)

I have ditched Micro$oft Windows for good, so I am a full Linux user using Ubuntu. So I am using the Pidgin chat, but it works just as good as mIRC!

I can be a workaholic both day and night, I am very committed and don't like to leave things unfinished! I am happy to help out in anyway, all you gotta do is ask and I'll be there to assist you in anyway. Whether it is website related, or forum related, or grading work and submitting points. If you're willing to have me on board as an assistant, you will have someone who had ran classes before as a Professor and as a Student Teacher and also assisted in a few classes!
Outside of work, I am an avid dog lover once again! I own a German Shorthaired Pointer and a Miniature Pinscher, and as much as they're both stubborn, but I love to rise above the challenge and work with them. I am very committed to them outside of work and will do what I can to ensure they both can do to achieve and try and get some form of titles next to their names!

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Lily Padfoot~li409~Gryffindor

1. HOL Name: Lily Padfoot
2. Year: Sixth Year
3. Your Time Zone: Central (GMT -6)

-Student
-Prefect
-Student Teacher (1 class)
-Class Assistant (4 classes)

I could commit some time (2-3 hours) nearly every evening/night, and time during days as well when I'm not working (a few days a week).

-Gryffindor prefect duties
-Adopter for our in-house lion cub adoption program

Yes, very comfortable and familiar with mIRC. Since I was a member of GQT for quite a few years it was necessary. But I currently use a different client and only have the chance to get on IRC a few nights a week.

I have experience with teaching and assisting, and I've been involved with tons of various HOL and House projects in the past. Plus, I have more time available than I have in ages. I don't have nearly as many HOL or house duties as I had before my little hiatus, which leaves more time and makes me want to get much more involved again. I did leave HOL for about a year and a half due to life commitments and returned last December. The time away reminded me how much I really do enjoy HOL and all it has to offer. I've put a lot of effort into classes (6 quills and over 1500 points in just one term back!) and my house since returning and I'd really like to do even more if allowed.

Return to “General Classes Discussion”