No New Assignments For Months -alchemy 1

Discussion About Classes and Projects at HOL

Moderators: Prof. Rorey Padfoot, Class Committee

Prof. Saeir Darr
No broom

Postby Prof. Saeir Darr » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:43 am

I'm sorry if this is not the right section of the forum for this and I do not know who to contact about this problem.

Alchemy 1 taught by Prof. Joshua Lorris has only posted 1 assignment and no one has received any points for even this 1 assignment. I thought someone would notice and take care of this, but I've seen no action.
Is there any way to have this class removed from my list because its taking up a spot in the 5 classes-allowed-per-year stuff and its impossible to earn a quill since the professor has decided to disappear without a word.
And though I do not enjoy seeing anyone get in trouble, isn't there a certain responsibility a person takes on when they decide to do a class? If there were extenuating circumstances, he should have at least informed someone.
More than anything, I would like it if doesn't count toward my 5 classes thing.

Alchemy 1 website
http://holalchemy.bravehost.com/
Currently teaching: Magic on Ice: Figure skating!

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Saeir,

Unfortunately this happens more often then HOL would like.

I thought someone would notice and take care of this, but I've seen no action.[/quote]
Have you or know of anyone else in the class, informed anyone until now? There are so many classes run here at HOL that it's nearly impossible for the HO to know what is going on in each and everyone of them. We need students, such as yourself to contact your House Prefects and make people aware of the situation. The Prefects will then inform the HO. Or you can post in the Ask a Prefect Section of the forum like you did. It is just not necessary that the HO sees 10 posts all about the same thing and same class.

Is there any way to have this class removed from my list because its taking up a spot in the 5 classes-allowed-per-year stuff and its impossible to earn a quill since the professor has decided to disappear without a word.[/quote]
Once informed the HO usually does cancel the class at the end of the term. Yes, unfortunately you will not earn a quill for the class. If this is your first "teacher disappearance" (which I am assuming because it is because if it wasn't you would be aware of the process) as a third year, I say that's an accomplishment in itself. I'm a fourth year and so far *crosses fingers* I have had a teacher disappear on me every term I have been here except this one.

And though I do not enjoy seeing anyone get in trouble, isn't there a certain responsibility a person takes on when they decide to do a class? If there were extenuating circumstances, he should have at least informed someone.[/quote]

Again, there isn't much one can do, as rl does get in the way sometimes and since all the Professors and Student Teachers are volunteering their time to teach the HO has to hope they fulfill their duties. All that might be done is if that Professor asked to renew his class it might not be approved until he can show he's more active in HOL.

I understand that it can be frustrating when a teacher disappears, but like I said before, it happens more often then people would like here.
Last edited by Prof. Rorey Padfoot on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~

Prof. Ulol Kimil
Shooting Star

Postby Prof. Ulol Kimil » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:16 pm

In fact, I sent a message to Prof. Lorris the first time I was told about his disappearance, and unfortunatelly it was never been read. Problem is we can't know why they disappear or for how much time so cancel a class is not that easy until the end of the term that we "must" close everything for the next one.
I'm so sorry that this happened :( .
Life without books is death...

We can all dream a new dream and live a life of freedom... it is a matter of choice and will. - Spirit Knowledge

Prof. Saeir Darr
No broom

Postby Prof. Saeir Darr » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:47 pm

Rorey Padfoot wrote:
QUOTE (Rorey Padfoot @ Jan 10 2009, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If this is your first "teacher disappearance" (which I am assuming because it is because if it wasn't you would be aware of the process) as a third year, I say that's an accomplishment in itself. I'm a fourth year and so far *crosses fingers* I have had a teacher disappear on me every term I have been here except this one.

wow! yes this is the first time I've had a teacher disappear on me without any kind of notice or cancellation. And I've only ever had maybe 1 or 2 classes get canceled, but we were informed they were canceled.

Rorey Padfoot wrote:
QUOTE (Rorey Padfoot @ Jan 10 2009, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are so many classes run here at HOL that it's nearly impossible for the HO to know what is going on in each and everyone of them.

yeah I didn't expect that. I was just thinking surely someone else had already mentioned it by now, oh well
Last edited by Prof. Saeir Darr on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently teaching: Magic on Ice: Figure skating!

Sir Paddy
Shooting Star

Postby Sir Paddy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:07 am

Asked and answered in Ask A Prefect

Closing.
Prof Paddy O' Brien Professor Emeritus, Emeritus Head of Slytherin House
Students.. do not enter, or face the consequences.

Return to “General Classes Discussion”