Week 3 - Roleplay

Cody Lewis
Cleansweep One

Re: Week 3 - Roleplay

Post by Cody Lewis » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Han raised his mug, then took a swig of the hot beverage. He wasn't sure what he was expecting, but he didn't enjoy it nearly as much as Inigo.

"Well, you've got one thing right," Han said, setting his mug aside. "This place is strange." He looked around him, as if taking in his surroundings. In reality, he was checking that the coast was clear. He dropped his voice so that only Inigo could hear him.

"I've got a sort of arrangement going with the kid, Hiccup. Now I don't know anything about the missing ring, and I don't think you do either, but he's agreed to vouch for me if worst comes to worst. You know, keep my name in the clear." Han double-checked that nobody was within earshot before adding, "If you float a few credits my way, I might be able to cut you into the deal."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:21 pm

Inigo could tell that Han didn't care so much for this wonderful drink. When Han lowered his voice, Inigo was careful not to lean in to listen. His hearing was very good, and he didn't want to give any of the 'law' persons an excuse to suspect him of anything.

He replied, using the same low tone. "I heard what you said to Hiccup, yes. I've seen you ever since you came in. As far as I could see, you stole nothing." Inigo had nothing against saying what is true. Why would Han want to pay him for saying what is true? As for Inigo giving Han credit, he did. He had admiration for the person because he was obviously a success at whatever he did -- his clothes were of good quality and he talked with good accent (even if a bit strange).
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

Post by Will Lestrange » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:08 am

Aladdin noticed where some of the others had been going. Apparently there was a hot chocolate station somewhere here! This would make the interrogation a bit less painful... so Aladdin made his way over there and poured himself a cup of the delicious looking hot chocolate. Better still, slowly sipping a hot liquid would give him an excuse not to talk!
Last edited by Will Lestrange on Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Polaris Black » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:26 pm

Kate Beckett felt a wave of relief wash over her. This new person, Officer Jamie Reagan, made her feel like she still had a toehold in reality. He was wearing the familiar uniform of a fellow NYC police officer! And although she thought she may have even recognized him, she knew he wasn’t from her precinct.

She took out a pad and pen and jotted down the names of her family, her team at work and the names of some of the guests at the National Book Awards dinner she had attended with Castle last night. Then she added ‘Robin’, the guy in green who she had spoken to briefly when she first arrived.

She then made her way to the front of the conference hall and introduced herself to the newcomer.

“Officer Reagan,” she said, showing him her badge and handing him her list of contacts over the past two days. “I’m Kate Beckett, NYPD Captain in charge of the 12th Precinct. I have some ideas I’d like to discuss with you when you get a chance.”
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Sirius Fudge
Silver Arrow

Post by Sirius Fudge » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:17 am

Will spent some minutes observing the people around him when a man [Robin] approached him and agreed to what he's saying. "I am not really sure. It's better that we stick with one another than separate each from each other. You just have to make deal with everyone and just wait and see who is who." He said, hoping that his companion understood him.

It looked like the atmosphere somehow cooled down. Will went for a drink as he badly needed one.

Post Graduate | Huffle Staff | HQT | HOL Class of 2018
Gail Allen
Moontrimmer

Post by Gail Allen » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:23 am

Robin Hood

Robin nodded and when he saw Will make a move towards the bar he followed him, realising he too could use something to drink after all that had already happened here.

Something there smelled wonderful and he breathed in deeply, for a moment absorbed more by finding out what that was than finding out who might or might not have taken the ring they were searching for.
He found the pot with a rich brown liquid and breathed in before pouring some of it into a cup that was placed beside it. When he took a sip of the hot beverage he sighed deeply. He loved venison and ale, but this... this certainly had its merits too.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!
Amaryllis Storm
No broom

Post by Amaryllis Storm » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:27 am

Roran made his way back to the room then first appeared in. He was bone tired from helping all those he could help. He walked into the room, ignoring the whispering and secretive looks at each other. Right now he needed a quiet, dark corner to rest in and close his eyes for a few moments.

Some of the conversations drifted his way as he tried to sleep something about a powerful ring and a theft. He snorted softly to himself, 'If the ring was so dangerous and powerful wh did the not destroy it?' he thought. Stupid things like that were always being lost or stolen or misused. 'Tsk, it is not my concern, if they were arrogant enough to have such a dangerous thing on display only to lose it.' right now his major concern was much-needed sleep before dealing with whatever new headache this place tossed his way.
Bane of the Ra'zac
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Polaris Black » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:41 am

Kate Beckett realized she had forgotten to write down Deputy Chief Victoria Gates; she was the last person she had spoken to before she set out for the conference hall. So she approached Officer Reagan again to make the correction. And once she got his attention, she started to tell him her ideas about the case.

“My husband is a mystery writer,” she told Officer Reagan. “I know about the One Ring because we have discussed the Tolkien books a little.”

She paused to collect her thoughts. “In Middle Earth, another universe, the One Ring renders the wearer invisible. Perhaps the perp is no longer visible to us here.”
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:56 am

Leslie Knope overheard the female officer (Beckett) talking about the ring. "Yes! My husband says it makes the wearer invisible and it draws the other wielders to it, especially the ringwreaths or whatever they're called. But they're still occupying a physical space. What if the person who stole it put it on and then slipped past everyone? Is anyone watching the exits? Is there a way they could have opened the doors without anyone noticing? I remember them being kind of heavy. And are we SURE the ring was there before the natural disaster commotion?
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Polaris Black » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:10 am

Kate Beckett continued her conversation with Officer Reagan and the woman [Leslie Knope] who had joined them. “I never saw the ring at all but I did notice there were 14 of us when I got here. Now there are only 13. And I believe the missing person was a young woman [Tris Prior]. Do you remember anything about her?” she asked the woman [Leslie Knope] standing next to her.
Will Lestrange
Cleansweep One

Post by Will Lestrange » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:59 am

Aladdin observed the conversation between Kate Beckett, Officer Reagan, and Leslie Knope to see how the interrogation was proceeding. Listening in, he decided the best thing to do was to continue to keep a low profile; after all, he knew that being falsely accused of something he didn't do could be dangerous for him! So Aladdin continued to listen from a distance, making sure to remain inconspicuous.
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:49 pm

Leslie Knope thought about it for a minute. "No, I can't say I remember a young woman. But now that I think about it wasnt there also an older Gentleman here? He was wearing a uniform and kind of looked like William Shatner....I haven't seen him around since we were talking about heroes...."
Amaryllis Storm
No broom

Post by Amaryllis Storm » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:32 pm

Roran was getting annoyed with the constant chatter and lack of sleep. His voice rang out softly from the nook he claimed.

"It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people can turn on each other. We all arrived at roughly the same time into this room when has anyone had the chance to see much of this place other than the ones who seem to have been here before *gazing at Lady Leslie* how would any of us know what this cursed ring is or where it was located. A strange man appears and has stated it is missing and cast accusation that has each of you eyeing each other suspiciously. Do you know who this person is? or even who the people who have brought us here are and for that matter why? Have you seen for yourself if the ring is missing?

I would sooner think it was one who was from this place than a total stranger dragged from there home that would know about the ring and how well the ring was secured. I still think it was total stupidity to have such a ring in an unsecured place rather than hidden in a deep dark vault. It would have bee preferable to have destroyed it if it being missing is such a concern.

So if you are insistent on finding the missing ring, I suggest you start with first confirming it is indeed missing and finding out exactly who this person is who told you it was missing and let me finally get sleep without all this infernal chatter!"
Bane of the Ra'zac
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:06 pm

*James T. Kirk agreed one hundred percent with Roran Garrowsson and decided that he to was starting to get a bit sleepy. James wondered if they wound ever get out of this room and get a place to sleep.*

OOC: Just wanted to let everyone know I had to go on vacation with my family. I have no computer there. Sorry. Also I'm not sure if anyone will be on before the deadline. This brings up the question if no one shows up can I still get the points for this?
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Polaris Black » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:02 pm

Kate Beckett could barely stifle a chuckle. “He did look like William Shatner, didn’t he?” she said to Leslie.

Then she turned back to Officer Reagan and said, “I had another thought. Maybe the original owner of the One Ring has come to this place to reclaim it. I’ve seen stranger things happen here!”

When she noticed the man in the uniform, she said, “William Shatner’s back – I’m glad we’re not playing ‘And Then There Were None’.”
Amaryllis Storm
No broom

Post by Amaryllis Storm » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:38 pm

It was obvious sleep was not going to come soon unless the mess was cleared up, he got up to go find Sharon, one of the native workers that knew the area very well. Sharon was a big help when it came time to come back and rebuild. Now that things have calmed down, maybe she can fill Roran in more about the place and show him where this ring was kept.

Roran got up and headed towards the doors, swerving by the food table to grab some bread and meat to eat.
Bane of the Ra'zac

Return to “Character Clash”