Once the chaos from the natural disaster has subsided, you're all allowed back into the hall. Glinda, rather flustered, is trying to interest people in another discussion but she breaks off as someone else steps smartly into the room.
"Can I have everyone's attention, please?" a young man clad in navy blue calls out. "I'm Officer Jamie Reagan. I regret to inform you all that the One Ring that was on display here has been stolen."
Shocked gasps ring out. "Quite so," he continues. "We have reason to believe that one of you may have been complicit in this, perhaps unknowingly." He grimaces then continues, "In all the confusion and panic surrounding the recent natural disaster, someone managed to gain access to the high security case and abscond with the item. The ring is one of the most powerful objects in any universe and we fear the consequences if it has been taken to another universe where people are unequipped to deal with any fallout from it. I'll be coming around asking you all questions about your whereabouts in the last day or two and anyone you may have spoken to. No one may leave the conference hall while this investigation is underway. Thank you for your patience and cooperation"
In this RP task, we want to hear how you react to being under suspicion (and whether you suspect those around you) and also the thought of someone manipulating one fictional universe's power for their personal gain in another. As with last time, to earn 10 house points and a boost of 100 to your character score, you need to post 3 times with your posts being 30 words or more. The deadline is 11.59 PM HOL-time on 21 October.
- Do not post one after the other: wait for at least one other person to post before posting again
- Try to interact with other characters, though observing and mulling over what is going on is also acceptable
- Start each post with your character’s name.
- When starting a conversation with someone or referring to someone, please use their character name to avoid confusion (you can put it in brackets if your character doesn’t know it yet)
- Do not control what someone else’s character does or says in any way (IE. godmodding): you must wait for the other person to provide their reactions. You cannot control the time or the overall events, neither can your character leave the room.
- If you'd like to bow out after posting 3 times, then just make people aware not to interact with you by putting an 'Out of Character Note' to that effect in brackets after your final post.
- Be polite and considerate: try to acknowledge and include everyone. Even if your characters are disagreeing, be very careful not to upset the HOLer you’re interacting with.