Week 2 - Roleplay

Amaryllis Storm
No broom

Re: Week 2 - Roleplay

Post by Amaryllis Storm » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:38 pm

"I think a hero is someone who does his job even when it might not be something that person wants to do or something that is easy to do."

Roran thought very carefully about what the man had said then nodded in agreement. That word "Noble" it is a difficult and fickle word. What is considered a Noble deed? what is considered right, as well? Many would call me a hero, just as many would call me a murderer (Roran remembered the two night watchmen he had to kill to protect himself and his people when they were on the run).

Also, I would sacrifice my life in a heartbeat if it was to save my wife and child, I would not do so for a stranger. While I will always protect those weaker than I am, I cannot protect my family if I am dead. so agree also with the young man from the desert. For all the heroic deeds than have been done, how many are always remembered for them, how many have been lost to time and murky memories?

I think those who profess themselves to be heroes and who willing seek out danger to prove themselves are asking for trouble and cause more trouble than its is worth.

'a person admired for achievements and noble qualities.' Lady Leslie, if we use that then we are all in trouble as men have been ever quick to change their minds, how many Heroes have fallen because their achievements and noble qualities do not always fit into what others believe? We are all humans, humans have weakness and strengths, darkness as well as goodness inside them. We are selfish creatures, we hate, we love, anyone of use are capable of 'Noble' deeds as well as ignoble ones.

So really is it the deeds that we do that makes one a Hero? or how others see us that makes one a Hero?

If a man who has done not good in his life before killed to protect a child, is he now a hero?
If a man that has done good all his life and been deem a Hero commits an act of ill that seems to have no reason behind it, is he no longer a Hero?
Bane of the Ra'zac
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:19 pm

James T. Kirk looked at Aladdin, "Yes sometimes it takes sacrificing yourself for the greater good. However you make a very good point when you say you have to be around to be able to do that good."

*Ok that three posts from me I'm now bowing out.*
Sirius Fudge
Silver Arrow

Post by Sirius Fudge » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 am

Will listened to every one's opinion in the room. Each have their points, some great points. He pondered the question, deeper this time. The word 'hero' sets itself in a high standard. 'Whose standard is used in the definition of a hero?' He thought. "More than good deeds but the intention of the human behind those good deeds needs to be considered. The intention that is unknown to all except for the human doing the deed themselves. Only them can define themselves if they are heroes or not. Actually, purity of intentions or the innocence of themselves from these kinds of heroic concepts while doing right and good deeds can draw the line of distinction of a hero or the reverse of it. Yes, it is a very hard thing. An abrupt act of martyrdom in the end could decide one's being a hero."

Will was surprised as he ended up speaking his thoughts loudly. "I just thought I have to say it." He sunk to his chair, lower than ever, and he never dared to speak in that table again.

Post Graduate | Huffle Staff | HQT | HOL Class of 2018
Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Post by Aurelia West » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:00 pm

Mulan saw that some people were beginning to disperse after giving their opinions and she longed to fade into the shadows with them, but for some reason she felt as if she would disappoint the mysterious witch if she were to not say anything at all. It wasn’t that she was nervous about what she believed a hero to be, it was more her nerves about knowing so little about the characters around her. She had talked pleasantly to Lara a little while ago, but everyone else was still a mystery,
Gail Allen
Moontrimmer

Post by Gail Allen » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:30 pm

Robin Hood

Robin had stopped speaking much after saying his bit and was instead watching the people around him.
He noticed a woman [Mulan] whom he hadn't noticed speaking yet, but she seemed like she had been just about to just a moment ago. And what was more, she looked like someone whose options he'd be interested to hear.
He cleared his throat "What do you think?" he asked her or perhaps indeed anyone who still had something to say on the topic who hadn't yet found a way to get their opinion heard.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!
Aurelia West
Oakshaft 79

Post by Aurelia West » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:39 pm

Mulan looked tentatively towards the man who’d addressed her. “I think that being heroic entails doing what’s best for the majority of people and being willing to sacrifice one’s own happiness for it,” she told him. “Of course whatever the right course of action is depends on the situation and our perspective of the situation, but I believe that as long as the action benefits others and isn’t solely to boost the ego of the individual then that action contains heroism.” She eyed him, wondering what his reaction to her statement would be. She’d thought a lot about it while everyone else had been talking, but she intended to ensure her meanings were not confused.
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Polaris Black » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:06 pm

Kate Beckett blinked furiously as if trying to clear her vision. But only her eyelids seemed capable of movement; she was otherwise transfixed to the spot, trying to make sense out of what she was seeing and hearing. She could always count on Castle to come up with some semi-plausible explanation for a sparkling pink wand-wielding character popping in out of nowhere – she, not so much. She was only dimly aware of Robin leaving her side and heading over toward the hexagonal table with the others. But she was still trying to make sense of the situation and just stood there, motionless.
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Polaris Black » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:57 pm

In what seemed like forever, Kate Beckett forced herself out of her reverie – nobody else seemed to be questioning the authority of Glinda, the sparkling pink Good Witch, so why should she? She clutched her binder tightly and walked up to the discussion table. Slowly she began to think less about the pink witch and more about what the others were saying. She was sorry when she noticed Raymond, a fellow law enforcement officer, leave the discussion.
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Polaris Black » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:58 pm

Nobody was asking Kate Beckett for her opinion, but she decided to speak up anyway.

“I’m a police officer,” Kate said after clearing her throat. I am sworn to protect my fellow officers and those in my care. I am a first-responder in all life threatening situations and barely give it a second thought. But I am by no means selfless – I only joined the force to continue to investigate my mother’s murder. And I’m not known for my propensity to follow the rules!”

OOC: Nobody was posting so I was forced to post back-to-back.

Return to “Character Clash”