“It’s good to see me, isn’t it?” Glinda the Good Witch (of the North, South or whatever direction she’s particularly feeling that day) addresses the room, “No need to respond, that was rhetorical.”
She cocks her head to one side, then glances around at everyone, beaming.
“I’m so glad to see you all got here safely… we can’t all come and go by bubble, after all,” she ponders for another moment, then claps her hands, “But now to business.” She strides forward, apparently just for the effect, then dramatically swings around. “The I.O.I.I.O.F,” she pauses as though to make sure she said that right, “Would like you all to contribute to some new research they’re drawing up about heroes. To wit, how heroic deeds come about. To do that, we need to have a discussion. A round table, if you will….”
She glances about the room. All there is is the oblong food table and a smallish hexagonal one over to one side with a few of Leslie’s binders on it.
“I suppose it’ll do… but a little more central.” Glinda mutters. She waves the oversized wand she’s holding at the table. Nothing happens. She does it again … nothing continues to happen. She taps it against the full skirts of her dress. “Is this thing on? Oh! Never mind. Congregate over there, please.”
Glinda stands at the head of the table and rearranges her skirts.
“Now, to begin: in your day to day life, do you feel the overwhelming need or wish to help others?”
In this RP task, we want to hear what your character thinks of the topic under discussion (drawing from their own experiences, expectations and prejudices) but we also want you to respond and build on what your fellow characters are saying: it needs to be a conversation (and, yes, that means you can totally disagree). You may leave the crowd around the discussion table and talk in smaller groups around the room if you wish. As with last time, to earn 10 house points and a boost of 100 to your character score, you need to post 3 times with your posts being 30 words or more. The deadline is 11.59 PM HOL-time on October 14th.
- Do not post one after the other: wait for at least one other person to post before posting again
- Try to interact with other characters, though observing and mulling over what is going on is also acceptable
- Start each post with your character’s name.
- When starting a conversation with someone or referring to someone, please use their character name to avoid confusion (you can put it in brackets if your character doesn’t know it yet)
- Do not control what someone else’s character does or says in any way (IE. godmodding): you must wait for the other person to provide their reactions. You cannot control the time or the overall events, neither can your character leave the room.
- If you'd like to bow out after posting 3 times, then just make people aware not to interact with you by putting an 'Out of Character Note' to that effect in brackets after your final post.
- Be polite and considerate: try to acknowledge and include everyone. Even if your characters are disagreeing, be very careful not to upset the HOLer you’re interacting with.