Welcome New Students

Class led by Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Welcome New Students

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Hello, and welcome to A Visit to Diagon Alley! If you can't tell by the title, this class will be taking a tour of Diagon Alley, perfect for the start of a new term at Hogwarts. A little about me, my name is Prof. Rorey Padfoot and I am the Hufflepuff Co-Head of House. This is my 13th year at HOL and I am a super proud Hufflepuff! I hope you enjoy the tour and make sure to bring some money so you can grab some fun stuff.

Feel free to introduce yourself to the other class members here and tell us what other classes you have decided to take and why you chose A Visit to Diagon Alley.

This is the thread you will write your Extra Fun Part 1.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~
Khaleesia Marie Lilith
No broom

Re: Welcome New Students

Post by Khaleesia Marie Lilith » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:52 pm

Hello everyone!!

My name is Khaleesia Marie Lilith, I am a first year Slytherin here at HOL. Some of the other classes I am taking this term includes:
  • Puzzles 101
  • HOL 101
  • History of Hogwarts: The Castle
  • Charms
I am enjoying our group field trip to Diagon Alley, and it was so neat to see a central hub spot that brings the muggle world and the wizarding world together. I look forward to going to each of the different shops; I still have a few things I need to pick up for school. I need a Standard Size 2 Pewter Cauldron, The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 and I want to bring a Cat with me.

I look forward to meeting everyone in class, and around HOL.
Alexander Brighton
Oakshaft 79

Post by Alexander Brighton » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Hello. My name is Alexander Brighton (but you can call me Alex) and I am a third year Ravenclaw student. This term, I am also taking Braille: The Basics, Astronomy, The Unforgivable Curses, and Magical Beings. I chose this class because it looked like a really fun class and I get to learn more about my favorite alley. I believe a few things I would need to buy for school this year would be the Monster Book of Monsters (always wanted that), The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 3, Intermediate Transfiguration, and a signed Hogsmeade letter (although I can't buy that).
This is going to be a great year and a great term.
Janie Peterson
No broom

Post by Janie Peterson » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:18 am

My name is Janie Peterson and I am a second year Ravenclaw! :) I am looking to excel at my classes this year and am currently only enrolled in two: A Visit to Diagon Alley and Tour of the Common Rooms. I would like to eventually enroll in a couple of more within the next few days but I have yet to take a look at what else is being offered.

Is this where I post the three things that I would need on my first day back to Hogwarts? If so, I'll go ahead and do that now! :P As a second year returning to Hogwarts, I would need...

1. A planner to keep track of everything that I have going on! I like to keep my school year busy.
2. Fresh robes - nothing makes me feel better prepared for a new year! :D "New year, new me."
3. Plenty of snacks! I tend to require tons of energy and little snacks help me stay energized throughout the day.
Iverian Gnash
No broom

Post by Iverian Gnash » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Iverian Gnash. I just started here. I am a first-year. I enjoy playing the piano and my favorite sport is obviously quidditch, which I play with my five siblings. For the first day of class I will definitely need a planner, so I can organize my schedule, various quills with different colored ink, so my assignments can be colorful :P , and a puzzle book (preferably Sudoku's) to occupy my free time. I'm so excited to start!
If you want to know what a man is truly like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. -Sirius Black
Zen McGregor
No broom

Post by Zen McGregor » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:03 am

Greetings!

I am a second year Gryffindor, returning to HOL after many years. Even though I come from a wizarding family, I take interest in many aspects of Muggle culture and especially enjoy Muggle popular music and dance. I also enjoy using this fascinating device Muggles call a computer which allows me to stay in touch with some of my Muggle-born friends who cannot use owl post in their surroundings.

Since my old pewter cauldron is a bit rusty, I will definitely need a new one. So that is one thing I am certainly bringing with me. Unfortunately, electronic devices do not work at Hogwarts but I will still bring my own "laptop" and try to make it work somehow. Finally, being the second year, I am finally allowed to bring my own broomstick, so I can play Quidditch about which I am very excited.

See you on the field!
Bianca Delacroix
No broom

Post by Bianca Delacroix » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:16 am

Hi everyone!!
I'm happy to be attempting this group tour (again). I have been on the Visit to Diagon Alley before, however, I wandered away from the group and got lost down Knockturn Alley. A witch tried to sell me a bunch of goblin fingernails and I fainted looking at them. When I woke up I was in St. Mungos! Can you imagine?!

So on my (second) tour of the shops, there are a few things I need to start off my fourth year at Hogwarts. I need the standard ingredients to refill my potions set, the Standard Book of Spells for Grade 4, I need a few new quills, a new bottle of ink (I prefer the color green), some wart cap powder (don't ask because I won't tell), and probably a new set of robes since I've grown two inches and gained a stone over the summer (which I spent in Italy, pasta, you know).

I'm excited to walk around and get some shopping done. If any notices me wandering off, please grab my arm and lead my back to the group, I'm easily distract..ed.... oh wow, is that a new racing broom!?! ....
Gladymar Rivera-Virella
No broom

Post by Gladymar Rivera-Virella » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:56 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Gladymar Rivera-Virella and this is my first year at HOL. I belong to the Hufflepuff house and I have enrolled in five courses during this term. One of my passions is to read about magical creatures and would love to be able to see a Hippogriff. Some of the things I may need during my first thing at Hogwarts is a wand, a telescope, an owl, and a couple of books such as the Standard Book of Spell (grade 1).

-Gladymar Rivera-Virella
Autumn Hobson
No broom

Post by Autumn Hobson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:22 am

Hi there,

My name is Autumn.Not much to say about myself, I'm a rather shy person, so starting conversations with people isn't easy for me.Now we all need the standard equipment, but for me I need to bring some personal items with me.Hmm, I enjoy reading and writing, and taking photography, so I for sure would need to bring my camera with me.My family is huge part of my life, so I would bring notes and envelopes to mail letters.I'm old fashioned and still enjoy doing the mail the muggle way lol. And the third item I would bring would be my locket from my grandma who passed away a couple years ago.
Collette Sloane
No broom

Post by Collette Sloane » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:51 am

Hello! My name is Sloane. I'm a first year Ravenclaw and I'm very excited to head to Diagon Alley with the lot of you.

This term, I've enrolled in five courses. Besides the tour of Diagon Alley, I am also taking:
  • HOL 101
  • Care of Magical Creatures
  • Divination
  • Grindelwald's Crimes
I'm interested in taking as many courses as I can here at Hogwarts. While I'm shopping today, I'm hoping to pick up the standard supplies - including of course a cauldron, new robes, and a cat. I must have a cat to keep my company as I burn the midnight oil doing my assignments. I'm also hoping to make a side trip to Knockturn Alley. I'll likely not buy anything there, but I've heard its a rather interesting place full of interesting things to see - even if some of them are dark objects that I'd not have anything to do with.
Start Light
No broom

Post by Start Light » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:52 pm

Hello. My name is Star. This is my first year. I'm a half-blood. I need a wand and other first year things. I don't really know what else to say. I'm a pretty boring human
Last edited by Start Light on Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adanys Mond'wil
No broom

Post by Adanys Mond'wil » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Hello!!
I'm a first year, and my name is Adanys, pronounced uh-dan-iss.
A few things about me:
I suck a spelling out pronunciations
I'm a serial coffee drinker
I love dogs, cold weather, and curling up with a book in my leather cigar chair :D

I'm currently taking HOL 101 and A Visit to Diagon Alley.
If time permits I might join another class for this term, we'll see.

I haven't got all my supplies yet, still need all the basic items of a first year minus the books. The bookstore was the first place I went. Next I'm going to fetch a wand, some robes, and a quality quill. My parents gave me some extra spending money and I want to use it on a good quill and ink. I intend to do well in my classes and turn in clean homework, and I believe I need an excellent quill for that.
Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Polaris Black » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:13 am

Hello!
I’m Polaris Black, sixth year Ravenclaw and Head Student. When I get to Diagon Alley, I must go to Eeylops Owl Emporium to purchase a large supply of Eeylops Premium Owl Treats for Howland, my pet owl. Since I am taking Astronomy this year, I need to go Twinkle Telescopes to upgrade my old brass telescope and Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment to pick up some moon maps and star charts. I also want to buy a collapsible cauldron at Potage's Cauldron Shop for another course, The Magic of Forensic Science field trips. And of course, I must pick up Miranda Goshawk’s The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 6 along with five other required textbooks at Flourish & Blotts!
See you around!
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!

Return to “A Visit to Diagon Alley”