Week Seven – Guyana

Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Week Seven – Guyana

Post by Maxim Trevelyan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Defined by its rain forest, Guyana lies on South America's North Atlantic coast and is known for its calypso music and the cricket team.

First thing we will do in Guyana is go horseback riding in Lethem Savanna, after which we will go on a bike tour to Kanuku Mountains and Kumu Falls. We will also cross Iwokrama Canopy Walkway and enjoy the sights in Guyana Botanical Gardens. We will finish our trip to Guyana on a learning note by visiting Walter Roth Museum of Anthropology.

As mentioned, Guyana has an exceptional cricket team, something the country's inhabitants are especially proud of. Your task in Guyana is to redesign the uniform of the cricket team. Your submission can feature any color or symbol, as long as it is not larger than 600x600, is of your own creation and abides by all HOL rules. With the graphic, provide a sentence or two of explanation about your choices.

Post your uniform redesign as a reply to this thread by September 2nd 11:59 pm HOL time for 25 Hoots and 10 beans. Alternatively, if you do not wish for your submission to be posted for everyone to see, send it to me via HOL Forum message (Subject: BrtW – Guyana) by the same due date.
Thank you Dario!
Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Re: Week Seven – Guyana

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:39 am

I did some research; Guyana's players either play on a mixed international team or they play for the Guyana Jaguars. I liked Jaguars, but i felt something else might represent Guyana more. Their national flower is the Victorian Lily (water lily) and I thought that might be nice! Their flag colors are Red, Green, and Yellow so that is why I chose those colors. :)

Return to “Backpacking 'round the World”