Week Three – Nepal

Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Week Three – Nepal

Post by Maxim Trevelyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:00 am

Welcome to the primarily Himalayan country, Nepal!

Perhaps the most famous sight in Nepal is Mount Everest, the highest mountain in the world. Fortunately, we will only stop to admire it, not actually try to climb it. Then we will visit Pashupati Nath, one of the biggest Hindu temples in Nepal and Bhaktapur Durbar Square, which hosts the 55 Window Palace, Vatsala Temple and Golden and Lion's Gates.

One thing that separates Nepal from other countries of the world is its flag, which is triangular. Since Nepal is the only country without a square or rectangular flag, it is your job to design one in this shape. Your flag can feature anything you think might represent Nepal or just colors you think fit the country best. The flag must be rectangular or square, of your own creation and abide by all HOL rules. Together with the graphic, provide a sentence or two of explanation why you chose the colors or symbols on the flag.

Post your Nepali flag (600x600 or less) as a reply to this thread by September 2nd 11:59 pm HOL time for 25 Hoots and 10 beans. Alternatively, if you do not wish for your submission to be posted for everyone to see, send it to me via HOL Forum message (Subject: BrtW – Nepal) by the same due date.
Thank you Dario!
Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Re: Week Three - Nepal

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:36 am

Nepal's current flag colors are crimson red, which is the National Color and color of the rhododendron (Nepal's national flower) and blue which is the color of peace. I liked this, so that is why I chose to incorporate both of these colors in my flag.

The blue triangles across the flag represent the Himalayas and are an homage to the current flag. There are 7 peaks, to represent the 7 provinces of Nepal. The cow represents their national animal, and the bird is a Himalayan Monal, the national bird of Nepal.

Silas Hipolito Crist
No broom

Post by Silas Hipolito Crist » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:15 pm

The colors that are used in my flag are the colors from their special shaped flage.
There are also flowers which are the thing of which Nepal is very known of. And of course their main religion; its symbol is in the middle of the flag.

Ivorie Windton
No broom

Post by Ivorie Windton » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:02 am

This flag represents a few aspects of Nepal. First the mountain in the center is Mount Everest. Mount Everest is the largest mountain on earth. The second part of this flag represents Buddhism and that is the prayer flags. The last part are the stars which circle around the mountain, this shows that the mountain is a big part of the life there.
|8" Vine and Dragon Heartstring|iv810|

Return to “Backpacking 'round the World”