Week Two – Romania

Moderator: Hollers Assistant

Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Week Two – Romania

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:00 am

Situated in the Southeast of Europe, Romania is partly surrounded by Carpathian Mountains, filled with medieval towns, castles and churches and a home to a famous Transylvania region.

After visiting the famous region and seeing its Muggle and Wizarding sights, we set out to Bran Castle, which was an inspiration for the story of Dracula. Our last stop was supposed to be the famed Romanian Dragon Sanctuary, which is also the largest area intended for the study and protection of these magnificent creatures. However, due to the dangers associated with such visit, we were forbidden to enter.

Your job in this country is to take a photo of where you think the Dragon Sanctuary might be hidden. This can be a large field, a cave, small cottage, which is actually bigger on the inside, anywhere. No, you do not actually have to visit Romania to take a picture, a photo from your area will do the trick. ;P Although, be mindful to cover any details that might identify your location. Also provide a sentence or two of explanation together with the photograph. Please keep all your photographs 600x600 or smaller.

Post your photo and explanation as a reply to this thread by September 2nd, 11:59 pm HOL time and earn 25 Hoots and 10 beans! Alternatively, if you do not wish for your submission to be posted for everyone to see, send it to me via HOL Forum message (Subject: BrtW – Romania) by the same due date.
Thank you Dario!

Silas Hipolito Crist
No broom

Re: Week Two – Romania

Postby Silas Hipolito Crist » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Dragon sanctuary is hidden under this beautiful field. There is a river that is the main source of water for dragons.
(Sorry but I am not good photographer)

Janie Peterson
No broom

Postby Janie Peterson » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:17 am

A little large however, I believe that this is where the Dragon Sanctuary may be hidden. There is a cave entrance at the base of this cliff that is very difficult to find. I am almost positive that I witnessed wizards and witches going into it the other day. :rolleyes: To be frank, I am too terrified to investigate the cave entrance myself!
Last edited by Maxim Trevelyan on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Resizing the photo. - Maxim

Pezzie Wolfe
Moontrimmer

Postby Pezzie Wolfe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:10 am

Not only did I find a Dragon Santurary, I saw a dragon. It was just laying there, being lazy. Who knew. I think it was waiting on food to arrive or something. Kind of cute.

[Meet Diva folks, my bearded dragon--yes she says she is a real dragon. ;)]
Sig Tag by Pezzie.
HOL Member since August 2003

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:06 am

I'm fairly certain that just beyond these broken branches is well hidden path to the dragon sanctuary! why else would this seemingly random clearing be here?

Return to “Backpacking 'round the World”