Week Six – São Tomé and Príncipe

Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Week Six – São Tomé and Príncipe

Post by Maxim Trevelyan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:00 am

An African island nation close to the Equator, São Tomé and Príncipe features beautiful rock and coral formations, beaches and rain-forests.

Our first stop will be Cão Grande, remains of an ancient volcano. It is an enormous rock formation in the shape of a tooth, which is actually a hardened column of magma. Those with a sweet tooth will be delighted to know we will visit Claudio Corallo Chocolate Factory, where we will see the chocolate production process and all the thought and experimentation that went into developing this delicious treat. Going by the cocoa trend, we will leave Trinidade for last, a small town high above the capital, surrounded by coffee plantations and cocoa growing fields.

One staple of this nation are all the different animals that live on it. Therefore, make a report on a magical beast you have seen in São Tomé and Príncipe. Include its name, what habitat it lives in, its appearance, what magical properties, if any, it has, and so on. Please do so in 100 words or more or in a graphical representation. The beast must be of your own creation and all information must abide HOL rules. If you decide to make a graphic, please have it at 600x600 or less.

Post your magical beast as a reply to this thread by September 2nd 11:59 pm HOL time for 25 Hoots and 10 beans. Alternatively, if you do not wish for your submission to be posted for everyone to see, send it to me via HOL Forum message (Subject: BrtW – Sao Tome and Principe) by the same due date.
Thank you Dario!
Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Re: Week Six – São Tomé and Príncipe

Post by Arianna Stonewater » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:14 pm

Silas Hipolito Crist
No broom

Post by Silas Hipolito Crist » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:19 am

Rainbow double snail
Ivorie Windton
No broom

Post by Ivorie Windton » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:02 pm

|8" Vine and Dragon Heartstring|iv810|
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Post by Bull J. Johnson » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:19 am

Well one animal that I saw while we were in Sao Tome and Principe was when we were looking around in the coffee plantation. There it was a small magical insect on one of the coffee plant leaves. It looked almost like a black dot and it was so small that it was almost unnoticeable to many of us. It must have been no larger than one fourth of a grown coffee bean. The only reason that I noticed it was that it jumped on me and bite me, which was very painful, especially for something that was so small.

Return to “Backpacking 'round the World”