The History of the Word - Questions

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

The History of the Word - Questions

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:06 am

Should you have any questions about the History of the Word activity, please post below and one of us will get back to you.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Amaryllis Storm
No broom

Re: The History of the Word - Questions

Postby Amaryllis Storm » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:55 am

Hi, my question is, do you have to sign up for the book club in order to participate in The History of the Word. because I am extremely interested in participating.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:00 am

Amaryllis Storm wrote:Hi, my question is, do you have to sign up for the book club in order to participate in The History of the Word. because I am extremely interested in participating.

Hi Amaryllis!
No, you do not have to sign up for the Book Club in order to participate in the History of the Word.
I'm glad you are interested in participating. :)
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Janie Peterson
No broom

Postby Janie Peterson » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:47 am

I had a question about the Book Club in general! Is there a way to join or are all welcome? I saw that there is a really cool quote activity (that seems to be coming to an end for the summer) and I was going to participate for the last prompt but I wasn't sure if I needed to join the Book Club first!

Also, as for my History of the Word question, I was wondering if there was any way that you could give an example of a task? I am curious to know what kind of tasks are to be expected! ^_^ Thank you!

Sky Alton
Cleansweep One

Postby Sky Alton » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:27 am

You absolutely don't have to 'join' anything to take part in Book Club (basically we regard the entirety of HOL as our members and anyone can take part in anything when the mood takes them). You just find what you want and jump right in!

As for the activities, the first lot will be going up tomorrow so we don't really want to spoil it but there will be puzzles, chances to get creative and some research ideas.
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Question from a participant: May I send my submission as an attachment?

Answer: Please send your submission in the body of the email. Do not include attachments. If you are sending a graphic, upload it to an image-hosting site (like Photobucket or PostImage or similar) and send us the link.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:58 pm

Question from a participant: Are there extensions on the due date for these activities?

Answer: There are no extensions.

Be aware of time differences! The activities of Week 1 are due July 8th, 11:59pm HOL time. (That means that, for me on Pacific Coast time, they are due July 8th, 3:59pm.) Please remember to schedule your day to get them in before 11:59pm HOL - whatever that is for your time zone! Look at the HOL Main page - click to see what the current time is for HOL. Compare that to your time -- and you can use that to compute what July 8th, 11:59pm HOL is for you. (There are date and time zone converters available online, one such is this. Another is this one.)

Return to “History of the Word”