Discussion Two- Lesson/Assignment 4

Class led by Amanda Summers
Amanda Summers
No broom

Discussion Two- Lesson/Assignment 4

Post by Amanda Summers » Sun May 06, 2018 10:38 pm

Part C: Discussion (10 points)

In your words write any other differences and similarities between Muggle police and Auror that we have not included in the lesson. (5 points)

Do you feel that their are enough Auror's out in the community to protect and serve? Should the Ministry invest in training more Auror's to help in fighting dark wizards if another war were to happen? (5 points)

Here it is remember to earn full points each must answer each question, and also replying to others will generate discussion.
Iverian Gnash
No broom

Re: Discussion Two- Lesson/Assignment 4

Post by Iverian Gnash » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:11 pm

1. Muggle police aren't able to quickly apparate to the scene of a crime and therefore it takes longer for them to respond to something than Aurors. Muggle police also must detain someone by their own means, unlike Aurors who have wands and can cast a spell on the person or thing.
2. There are never "enough" Aurors. So many people are turned off by the job because of the terribly long and gruesome training one must go through. I think that the Ministry should always invest in training Aurors. There is always evil that needs to be fought against.
If you want to know what a man is truly like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. -Sirius Black
Maude Rudd
No broom

Re: Discussion Two- Lesson/Assignment 4

Post by Maude Rudd » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:55 am

1. Some differences and similarities between muggle police and Auror that we didn’t learn in the lesson are that these careers both include making the right decision in each situation to the best of the police or Aurors ability. These people are held to higher standard in the community always and have to be forthright at all times. Even when it comes to people they may know. They must do what’s right by law and their training even if it means arresting or turning in a friend. The difference between muggle police and Aurors would be there aren’t any K-9 special forces in Auror Offices that I’ve learned of. Muggle Police do have that department. They specifically work with muggle dogs as partners to get crime solved and protect the community they work in. Another is muggle police tend to use violence at times that can inflict fatal wounds with guns and billy clubs or tear gas. Aurors do not use guns, billy clubs or tear gas on others.
2. I feel could always be more Aurors out in the community to protect others from Crimes of Dark Arts. In my mind the Ministry of Magic should continue to invest in more training to get specialized Aurors in a career for future fighting of dark wizards, better safe than sorry. Training takes a long time for Aurors and then they have to be selected for one of the two departments they will work for. It’s not like the Ministry of Magic could hurry Wizards or Witches through the process if a future Dark Arts war was started. This process is in motion current and should allow for more selected individuals in the career field.
Maude Rudd
No broom

Re: Reply to post in Discussion Two- Lesson/Assignment 4

Post by Maude Rudd » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:01 am

You make a great point Iverian, about how muggle police can’t apparate to a crime scene like an Auror could. I didn’t really put much thought into the fact muggle police have to work really hard to track criminals down, where an Auror can apparate and track Dark Wizards down with an interactive map system.

Return to “Auror Training Level One”