The Name Game

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Sky Alton
Cleansweep One

The Name Game

Postby Sky Alton » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:11 am

A lot of us like to speculate on who would best play our favourite characters in film or TV adaptations. But how about the best voice to tell the story for an audio book? What about the artist with just the right style and flare to bring your favourite scenes to life in an illustrated version?

Let’s play a game! All you have to do is suggest your ideal narrator or illustrator for the book in the post above yours. You can provide your reasoning or just the name, it’s up to you! If you haven’t read the book, why not look up the summary and suggest the actor or artist who would be most likely to convince you to give it a try?

For example:
Person A: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Person B: my ideal narrator would be Daisy Ridley-she's so classy and strong at the same time. How about The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle?
Person C: I'd love to see Brian Bolland illustrate it. How about Great Expectations by Charles Dickens?

Keep in mind the HOL rules and try to stick to well-known books. Have fun!

So, to start…
How about The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Maxim Trevelyan
Cleansweep One

Re: The Name Game

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:48 am

Jeremy Irons as a narrator! There is something in his voice that is juuuuust right for historical narration.

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King?
Thank you Dario!

Emanuel Hines
No broom

Postby Emanuel Hines » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:22 am

Sir David Attenborough would be great narrator for these series. He can transform his voice to everything and it would be cool listening to his narrating.

What about J.R.R Tolkien The Hobbit?

Kathren Johnsun
No broom

Postby Kathren Johnsun » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:56 pm

I feel like it would be interesting to have Ian Holm narrate The Hobbit considering a fair amount of people already see him in the role of Bilbo and this is his story.

What about A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle?

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:16 pm

Kathren Johnsun wrote:What about A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle?

I'd love to hear Elizabeth Banks read this. She has such great impressions and reactions, I'm sure she would make this even more amazing!

How about Frank L. Baum's Oz Books?

Vanessa Tilley
Oakshaft 79

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:28 am

I would love to have heard Robin Williams do the reading of Frank L. Baum's Oz Books. Robin Williams was amazing at character voices and he did an impressive Wizard of Oz in 30 seconds. I would love to have seen what would happen if he had a lot of time to do the voices.

Who would you like to hear read A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket?

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:35 am

Vanessa Tilley wrote:Who would you like to hear read A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket?

Patrick Warburton did an amazing job with the Netflix series as Lemony, so I'd love to hear him do the rest of the series!!

How about Charlotte's Web by E.B. White?

Return to “Harry Potter Book Festival 2018”