Last chance to sink some ships! Task five theme: Battles!
Below you will find four tasks that are to be completed. Each task is assigned to a member of your crew. ONLY
the person to whom the task is assigned can submit the team's answer for that task, even if the team works together to solve it. If you have a crew member who just isn't around this week, you can declare them "sea sick" in the appropriate area of your forum. We will then tell you which crew member may fill in for them.
If you have a crew member who has completely disappeared, you can declare them "lost at sea" in the appropriate area of your forum. They will not be able to return in future tasks. Each task, we will assign another crew member to cover for them. Captain Task
Solve the Nonogram.
Instructions: When solved correctly, the nonogram will show a hidden picture. It is found by painting blocks in each row and column so their length, colour and sequence corresponds to the clues.
There must be at least one empty square between adjacent same-colour blocks. This is not necessarily the case with adjecent blocks of different-coloured blocks.https://s10.postimg.org/dnnpj2yl5/correction002.pngCommander Task
Solve the following logic puzzle:
Seven ships have been in battle over the last year, each of them fighting in a different place and in a different month. The first month of fighting was March and the last was September. Each ship was led by a different captain, one of whom was Captain Stanmore.
1. Of The Howling Herring and the ship captained by Yardly the Fierce, one battled in the north sea and the other battled in July.
2. The Mysterious Mackerel is either the ship that fought in the Caribbean Sea or the ship captained by Yardly the Fierce.
3. The ship fighting in May, The Savage Shrimp, The Mysterious Mackerel, the one that fought in the Adriatic Sea and The Malevolent Minnow are all different ships.
4. The Malevolent Minnow did battle 4 months after the ship that fought in the North Sea.
5. Of the ships captained by Branley the defiant and the one that fought in the Pacific Ocean, one is The Seething Salmon and the other was in battle in August.
6. The ship that battled in the Mediterranean Sea is either the ship captained by Quimby Gold-eye or The Thieving Trout.
7. Of the ship battling in June and the ship that fought in the Pacific Ocean, one is The Seething Salmon and the other is being led by One-Tooth Flint.
8. The ship captained by Branley the defiant is either the ship that was in battle in August or The Howling Herring.
9. Of the ships that battled in August and the one captained by Smiling Walton, one is The Sinister Sardine and the other fought in the Caribbean Sea.
10. The Savage Shrimp fought 1 month after the ship captained by Captain Cadby.
11. The one led by One-Tooth Flint fought 1 month before the ship that fought in the Atlantic Ocean.
12. The one that fought in the Indian Ocean is either the one that fought in May or the ship captained by Yardly the Fierce.
Rear Admiral Task
We need to be able to identify your ships as they are sinking. Design your ship's flag! Upload the image and send us the link! Lieutenant Taskhttps://s17.postimg.org/mrw38eh3j/Cross ... zle_02.jpg
These tasks are due by 11:59 pm HOL time on January 29. Failure to submit a task will result in the total possible time being added to the team overall time.
All tasks must be emailed to holbattleship[at]gmail.com
REMEMBER: INCOMPLETE ANSWERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
If you declare a member "sea sick" this round, this will be their replacement:
Captain = Commander (and vice versa)
Lieutenant = Rear Admiral (and vice versa)
If you need to declare more than two members "sea sick" and they were supposed to replace each other, then please contact an organizer.