Re: Questions

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:56 am

The Maelstrom!
Prof. Kyrie Adderholt || Head of House || RQT

Elena Galatas
Oakshaft 79

Postby Elena Galatas » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:25 am

So, the rules of the nurikabi say that there aren't supposed to be any walls/black spaces that are 2x2 or larger, but the way some of the numbers are arranged, I can't see any way to get the walls to connect without making a 2x2 section. Are there, per chance, any areas in the pzuzle that might have 2x2 walls?
"Release....THE QUACKEN!!"
Elena Galatas || Seventh Year || Ravenclaw || Dr. Who Enthusiast || Oncer/Captain Swan Fanatic

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:04 am

Elena Galatas wrote:So, the rules of the nurikabi say that there aren't supposed to be any walls/black spaces that are 2x2 or larger, but the way some of the numbers are arranged, I can't see any way to get the walls to connect without making a 2x2 section. Are there, per chance, any areas in the pzuzle that might have 2x2 walls?

There are no WALLS that are 2x2

Elena Galatas
Oakshaft 79

Postby Elena Galatas » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:05 am

That's what I thought. Thank you ha.
Elena Galatas || Seventh Year || Ravenclaw || Dr. Who Enthusiast || Oncer/Captain Swan Fanatic

Elena Galatas
Oakshaft 79

Postby Elena Galatas » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:36 am

Does the wall in Nurikabe have to be one connected, consecutive line or can it be lines that are semi broken up, but still connected? Like, if one line branches out kind of like a peninsula or a 'T' would? Basically, does it have to be one continuous wall or can it have segments that you'd have to backtrace to get back to the main thing?

If any of that made sense, I officially love you.

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:38 am

Elena Galatas wrote:Does the wall in Nurikabe have to be one connected, consecutive line or can it be lines that are semi broken up, but still connected? Like, if one line branches out kind of like a peninsula or a 'T' would? Basically, does it have to be one continuous wall or can it have segments that you'd have to backtrace to get back to the main thing?

If any of that made sense, I officially love you.

T/Peninsulas/branches are totally fine, as long as none of your walls are an island! The wall doesn't need to be a continuous circle, more like a tree

Katelin Ross
Oakshaft 79

Postby Katelin Ross » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:11 pm

For the fourth Lieutenant task, can we just send you the list of words or do you want the word search too?

Thanks to my Secret Elf for the wonderful signature!!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:15 pm

List of words is preferred.

Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Postby Bull J. Johnson » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:04 am

For task four Admiral is the pattern Red, Yellow, Blue, Green or was that just a example of a pattern?

Gail Allen
Oakshaft 79

Postby Gail Allen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:18 am

That is the required order of colours, yes. Once you reach green, you will have to start over with red.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!

Vanessa Tilley
Oakshaft 79

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:30 pm

Is there any way possible to put the puzzle on a website that lets you save your progress? I have had to re-start this puzzle 4 times now because my Internet crashes sometimes and I am starting to lose my mind.

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Firebolt Galaxy

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:57 pm

Vanessa Tilley wrote:Is there any way possible to put the puzzle on a website that lets you save your progress? I have had to re-start this puzzle 4 times now because my Internet crashes sometimes and I am starting to lose my mind.

Lovely idea, Vanessa!

It's not just the internet crashing which causes the puzzle to poof. Zooming out and in also causes parts of the puzzle to disappear and sometimes cannot be regained. I had a bunch of it solved, a few times, and found out that zooming in to see it close works lovely and then when click to see full screen, lo and behold much of the puzzle vanished. Also, another time, some pieces didn't load 'inside' the line and I could see just a smidgen of them. Some I could grab and some I could not. And it had other glitches ... I think that particular website is not made to be user friendly (and probably doesn't care or has poor programmers :lol: ). What else ... Anyway, I'd done it about 5 times and each time it poofed. I don't care about the number of pieces of it, whatever floats the person who made its boat, but definitely that website is pathetic.
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:13 pm

Two of the four organizers were able to solve it on that site (one as a test, one just for fun) so it does work.

However, we have heard your cries and are addressing it. Stay tuned!

Pezzie Wolfe
Moontrimmer

Postby Pezzie Wolfe » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:18 pm

Since I am still recovering from pneumonia, ear infections and laryngitis. Permission for SS Bludger team to play on my behalf till I'm 100%.

Is that OK?
Sig Tag by Pezzie.
HOL Member since August 2003

Return to “Battleship”