The Final Results

Moderators: Polaris Black, Prof. Kyrie Adderholt

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Cleansweep Three

The Final Results

Postby Prof. Kyrie Adderholt » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:41 am

After four rounds, the popular votes have been cast and the judges' scores have been tallied! We have our winners and will be announcing them shortly, but first there are a few other things we need to cover!

Way back in round two, we had questions submitted by audience members. That portion of the contest would not have been possible without them! Thank you to Sky Alton, Sirius Fudge, Marie Dark, and Prof. Amy Lupin! Two questions also came from your hosts, me and Polaris.

We received additional questions that showed up as the "fun" questions in round four. All of them were written and submitted by Prof. Arielle Lemoyne! Thank you, Arielle!

Next we have our judges! These wonderful people were selected well before the competition began and have worked extremely hard to get all of the submissions judged and commented on in the two days while the popular voting was open for each round. I really can't thank them enough for their hard work! They are:

Judge Cowl....Maxim Trevelyan

Judge Fidget....Arianna Stonewater

Judge Chicken BokBok.....Prof. Rorey Padfoot (substitute was Prof. Kyrie Adderholt)

Judge Catnip....Kim Alting (substitute was Polaris Black)

and Judge Nickleby Duckling....Prof. Gustavo Flores

Thank you all so much for judging!

And now for the moment you've been waiting for: RESULTS!

In ninth place, we have Katelin Ross with a final score of 1620!

In eight place, we have Shadow Gaunt with a final score of 1660!

In seventh place, we have Alexander Brighton with a final score of 1688!

In sixth place, we have Will Lestrange with a final score of 1746!

In fifth place, we have Prof. Zoki Phantom with a final score of 1815!

In fourth place, we have Amanda P.X. Sim with a final score of 1867!

In third place, we have Shiloh Adlar with a final score of 1958!

In second place, we have Ravariel Aiwince with a final score of 1983!

And in first place, we have Gail Allen with a final score of 2010!

Now for the titles:

Winning the title and crown of "Mx HOL" is GAIL ALLEN!

Coming in second and winning the title of "Mx Hufflepuff" is RAVARIEL AIWINCE!

In third and winning the title of "Mx Ravenclaw" is SHILOH ADLAR!

In fourth place and winning the title of "Mx Gryffindor" we have AMANDA P.X. SIM!

Coming in sixth and winning the title of "Mx Slytherin" we have WILL LESTRANGE!

And finally, the judges were in complete agreement that the winner of the title of "Mx Congeniality" should be awarded to our fifth place finisher PROF. ZOKI PHANTOM!

Congrats to all of our winners and thank you for making the activity so wonderful!

A huge thank you, as well, to my fantastic co-host Polaris Black, without whom this would not have happened!

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt || Head of House || RQT

Arianna Stonewater
Cleansweep One

Re: The Final Results

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:21 pm

Congrats to all! I had so much fun going through all of your submissions and learning more about you!
~thanks secret elf~

Amanda P. X. Sim
No broom

Postby Amanda P. X. Sim » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:30 pm

CONGRATULATIONS Gail, Ravariel, Shiloh, Will, Zoki! Thank you so much to all of you for organising this fun and fulfilling contest that's also a great learning opportunity! I have to thank Kyrie for pushing me to join this competition, if it weren't for her telling me that my house needed participation I wouldn't have made it through the finals today (thanks to house pride). I had to put extra time and effort to join this (I'm sure we all did), but once I entered the competition I never turned back, and just kept on trying my best every round. I joined the previous Ms HOL many years back when I was super active, but this time the contest felt much more challenging in terms of the questions and answers. Nevertheless it was really a good experience and I'm really glad to be a part of it. I also wanted to say that all of your submissions were great, honestly, everyone has so many diverse talents and I'm truly amazed by how you guys live your lives. And of course, thank you so much to those who voted for me, I don't know who you are and I never expected any of your votes, but each time I saw them I was so touched and grateful at the same time!
Amanda P. X. Sim | am970 | Gryffindor | Fourth Year
"Magic lies within the hearts of those who choose to believe"

Sky Alton
Cleansweep One

Postby Sky Alton » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Congratulations to everyone who took part, wherever you placed and however many rounds you were able to complete. As sappy as it sounds, Reading all your submissions, hearing about your diverse experiences and seing the sheer amount of effort and courage put in by everyone made me truly proud to be a HOLer. And of course kudos to Kyrie, Polaris and the judges for a very well-executed activity!

And Gail...I promise not to try to hoist you on my shoulders (again).
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by Amy!)

Alexander Brighton
No broom

Postby Alexander Brighton » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:36 pm

Congratulations to all the winners. You all did a good job. I believe everyone is a winner. I have to say, this competition was great. It required a lot of time and sacrifices, but it was worth it. I am really happy i participated in it. Learned a lot about myself and others.

Merry Christmas!

Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Postby Shadow Gaunt » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:17 pm

Congrats peeps! This was so much fun (and sometimes stress) but it was worth it! I learned so much about everyone and seemed to grow closer to those participating in the contest.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin

Shiloh Adlar
Silver Arrow

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:10 am

This was a lot of fun and congratulations to everyone who participated! I think this competition definitely helped me be a little less shy about things, and it even encouraged me to write some songs and share them which I highly doubt I would've done otherwise. It was amazing reading everyone's answers and seeing all the brilliant talent and skills on this site. I was amazed in learning so much more about all of you, and I want to thank you for being open and sharing it with all of us. Also, thank you to Kyrie, Polaris and the judges for your kind words and making this activity possible.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Ravariel Aiwince
Oakshaft 79

Postby Ravariel Aiwince » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:45 pm

Congratulations to all those who participated from me too! This was a great experience, and I loved seeing and reading everyone's submissions and getting to know all the participants. It's awesome to know more of the people behind some of the names I've seen around here.

Thank you very much to the judges and hosts for making this possible! And thank you, too, to everyone that participated. Wouldn't have been much of a contest without participants :P Special thanks to Kyrie for prodding me into taking part. It was stressful, sure enough, but also very enjoyable and in hindsight it would definitely have been a shame to miss it.

And finally, thanks a lot for everyone that voted for me! I wouldn't have expected at all when I joined that I'd end up where I did :o

Christmas Mood signature by the wonderful Gail Allen.

Resyarrina Elora
Oakshaft 79

Postby Resyarrina Elora » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:26 pm

Congratulations for all the winners! You guys are amazing :wub: :wub:

Return to “Mx HOL”